Spurs vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ain't it lovely when the sin bin works perfectly?

Should have been a perma ban really. That little cunt is an embarrassment to every spurs fan out there, to every football fan out there and to every human being out there. It's safe to say he feels safe making jokes about asians and the loss of lives behind his keyboard because frankly he know's he'd have 7 shades of shit kicked out of him were he to every speak like that in the real world.

I'm disappointed that it was only a sin bin though, as much as I love the freedom this board offers to it's fans, it needs to draw the line somewhere.

Should have been a perma ban really. That little cunt is an embarrassment to every spurs fan out there, to every football fan out there and to every human being out there. It's safe to say he feels safe making jokes about asians and the loss of lives behind his keyboard because frankly he know's he'd have 7 shades of shit kicked out of him were he to every speak like that in the real world.

I'm disappointed that it was only a sin bin though, as much as I love the freedom this board offers to it's fans, it needs to draw the line somewhere.
The line would become very blurry though. I like this non-censorship ting. Let's not let one knob ruin it for the rest of us.

The line would become very blurry though. I like this non-censorship ting. Let's not let one knob ruin it for the rest of us.

I don't think it would add to censorship though. Literally nobody else is making racist jokes and nobody else is trying to get cheap laughs out of the deaths of 90 odd football fans in what is one of the worst days for the sport. Frankly, if more people were on Justin's bandwagon on this forum, I'd suggest we just burn it to the ground.

If we want to be racist cuntstains that nobody likes then we are no better than fucking Chelsea fans, and I refuse to let us ever be that.

The easiest way to deal with people isn't to ban them (people can always register under a new name) but to ignore them. Someone joins as a Liverpool fan, dangles a tasty morsel on a fishing line and gets 10 bites a minute... if everyone just ignored the guy fishing for reactions then he would go somewhere else to catch, wouldn't he.

Don't rise to it and they'll leave of their own accord.

The easiest way to deal with people isn't to ban them (people can always register under a new name) but to ignore them. Someone joins as a Liverpool fan, dangles a tasty morsel on a fishing line and gets 10 bites a minute... if everyone just ignored the guy fishing for reactions then he would go somewhere else to catch, wouldn't he.

I don't think anyone cares about Kloppite.... The issue was Justin and his disgusting fucking attitude.

Good point. I'm sure that when (or if) he returns, members will recall the reason for the sin binning & deal with his posts accordingly. I have put him & Gibbsy on ignore in the hope that I don't have to look at their drivel any more.

The whole Hillsborough thing is very blurry. Suffice it to say that had 3000 people not turned up without tickets, then it would never have happened. The trouble started on the trains from Liverpool & it really was a "perfect storm" from that moment- who for example knew that Sheffield Wednesday hadn't been entirely honest with the FA about the capacity of the Liverpool end, so it was already too full having sold out?

Liverpool had already been given the smaller end because it was closer to the station that runs between Sheffield & the North West. Forest had been given the larger end for the same reason (nearer to their train station) & it was feared that rival fans crossing if they were making their way back to the train stations would end up in disorder.

Police were being pulled all across the city because of looting hordes of Scousers.

There were even scousers looting Sheffield Wednesday's club lounge as the carnage was unfolding. "Fans" were putting out fag ends on Police horses. There's a lot more to this tragedy than meets the eye.

So a number of bin dippers are by no means blameless in this. The real tragedy is that innocent people (real fans) ended up getting forced towards the front & crushed because of the ticketless yobs who had piled into the ground behind them.

But that image posted by the idiot showing the human suffering is beyond the pale. One of the worst posts I've seen on here.

Good point. I'm sure that when (or if) he returns, members will recall the reason for the sin binning & deal with his posts accordingly.
Personally, I think the freedom afforded to pricks like Justin to post his 'views' give him just enough rope to hang himself with... true colours and all that.

So a number of bin dippers are by no means blameless in this. The real tragedy is that innocent people (real fans) ended up getting forced towards the front & crushed because of the ticketless yobs who had piled into the ground behind them.

But that image posted by the idiot showing the human suffering is beyond the pale. One of the worst posts I've seen on here.

Which is precisely why him searching out that particular photo, taken of dying people so obviously at the front of the Leppings Lane end, so that he can use it to make some lost point about Liverpool fans he doesn't like was so stupid, heartless and disgusting.

It's an ideal certainly. It would be great if everyone managed it this way but It very rarely happens. We're all human beings, it's difficult to continually turn the other cheek when someone is being so antisocial. Plus it puts the emphasis of blame on the abused rather than the abuser, and at the end of the day, unless you're 12, saying "it's the internets" should not be an excuse to act like a complete cunt.

I don't see it as "victim blaming". The moral high ground is won by rising above it, not lowering yourself to their depths. It doesn't make the cunt any less of a cunt, or any more ok to have been such, but making yourself a cunt too doesn't really solve anything.

I agree it's a bit utopian, the idea that everyone would just let it go, but it would certainly work if it were attainable.

I don't see it as "victim blaming". The moral high ground is won by rising above it, not lowering yourself to their depths. It doesn't make the cunt any less of a cunt, or any more ok to have been such, but making yourself a cunt too doesn't really solve anything.

I agree it's a bit utopian, the idea that everyone would just let it go, but it would certainly work if it were attainable.

Someone will always feed them titbits even if they're not getting a full course dinner and so they live to fight another day. From a moral point of view i agree about taking the higher ground, but how will people ever learn that certain behaviour is unacceptable if they are continually allowed to act unchecked? Surely we have a "moral" obligation to try and challenge people's behaviour if we feel it is antisocial?

Someone will always feed them titbits even if they're not getting a full course dinner and so they live to fight another day. From a moral point of view i agree about taking the higher ground, but how will people ever learn that certain behaviour is unacceptable if they are continually allowed to act unchecked? Surely we have a "moral" obligation to try and challenge people's behaviour if we feel it is antisocial?

That's the thing about trolls - they know it's antisocial, that's exactly why they do it. For the attention. Challenging them, calling them out - that's what they want, it's what they're aiming for. They won't be having any moral epiphany because the people they're trying to antagonise get antagonised.

That's the thing about trolls - they know it's antisocial, that's exactly why they do it. For the attention. Challenging them, calling them out - that's what they want, it's what they're aiming for. They won't be having any moral epiphany because the people they're trying to antagonise get antagonised.
You mean like ArcspacE ArcspacE ?

Back
Top Bottom