Spurs vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's the thing about trolls - they know it's antisocial, that's exactly why they do it. For the attention. Challenging them, calling them out - that's what they want, it's what they're aiming for. They won't be having any moral epiphany because the people they're trying to antagonise get antagonised.

You're completely right. It doesn't make it any easier to sit on my hands though! I guess i just don't understand how some people can thrive on such negative and conformational behaviour.

Mummy didn't love them enough i guess.

The easiest way to deal with people isn't to ban them (people can always register under a new name) but to ignore them. Someone joins as a Liverpool fan, dangles a tasty morsel on a fishing line and gets 10 bites a minute... if everyone just ignored the guy fishing for reactions then he would go somewhere else to catch, wouldn't he.

Don't rise to it and they'll leave of their own accord.
Sadly people actually enjoy talking to people like that or people who they hate or think should be banned.

The say people should be banned but then keep talking to that same poster.
Just encouraging them to post more.

Most idiots only do it for attention.
Yet plenty are ready to give them what they crave.

I still think the majority have not worked out what the ignore button is for.
Or just ignore it by skimming over there posts.

I guess its similar to when theres an accident or someone is seriously hurt.

People say isnt that terrible whilst gawping at the victim.
Im sure thats just what they need after a horrible accident.
U dropping everything to stand & stare.
Cant possibly walk past or drive on.

Such & such poster should be banned.
Then as soon as they post those same people get all excited & reply to them before u know it.

That's the thing about trolls - they know it's antisocial, that's exactly why they do it. For the attention. Challenging them, calling them out - that's what they want, it's what they're aiming for. They won't be having any moral epiphany because the people they're trying to antagonise get antagonised.
I know. U get about 20 posters telling them there sick & to bugger off
Then the 21st poster comes along & tells them the same thing.
As though they are something really special. Much more special than the other 20 posters who told the troll off.
As though the troll will say wise sir, u are right. I realise my flaws & I know now what I have to do. I will be a better man thanks to u.

Sadly people actually enjoy talking to people like that or people who they hate or think should be banned.

The say people should be banned but then keep talking to that same poster.
Just encouraging them to post more.

Most idiots only do it for attention.
Yet plenty are ready to give them what they crave.

I still think the majority have not worked out what the ignore button is for.
Or just ignore it by skimming over there posts.

I guess its similar to when theres an accident or someone is seriously hurt.

People say isnt that terrible whilst gawping at the victim.
Im sure thats just what they need after a horrible accident.
U dropping everything to stand & stare.
Cant possibly walk past or drive on.

Such & such poster should be banned.
Then as soon as they post those same people get all excited & reply to them before u know it.
I thought you weren't coming on here any more Sammy?

Isn't Justin what you call a man with a one inch willy?
:gio:
Sorry, couldn't resist!
No, he has a massive one.

It's just on his head

2747510493_08a2085a0b.jpg

Good point. I'm sure that when (or if) he returns, members will recall the reason for the sin binning & deal with his posts accordingly. I have put him & Gibbsy on ignore in the hope that I don't have to look at their drivel any more.

The whole Hillsborough thing is very blurry. Suffice it to say that had 3000 people not turned up without tickets, then it would never have happened. The trouble started on the trains from Liverpool & it really was a "perfect storm" from that moment- who for example knew that Sheffield Wednesday hadn't been entirely honest with the FA about the capacity of the Liverpool end, so it was already too full having sold out?

Liverpool had already been given the smaller end because it was closer to the station that runs between Sheffield & the North West. Forest had been given the larger end for the same reason (nearer to their train station) & it was feared that rival fans crossing if they were making their way back to the train stations would end up in disorder.

Police were being pulled all across the city because of looting hordes of Scousers.

There were even scousers looting Sheffield Wednesday's club lounge as the carnage was unfolding. "Fans" were putting out fag ends on Police horses. There's a lot more to this tragedy than meets the eye.

So a number of bin dippers are by no means blameless in this. The real tragedy is that innocent people (real fans) ended up getting forced towards the front & crushed because of the ticketless yobs who had piled into the ground behind them.

But that image posted by the idiot showing the human suffering is beyond the pale. One of the worst posts I've seen on here.

Agree with most of that.

Main problem IMO was the police.

It was a given that the vast majority of travelling Scousers football fans are a drunken thieving rabble so in a FA cup semi they should have been prepared for all of these ticketless scumbags and not let them in.

But the Senior police officer on the day bottled it and let them in by ordering the gates be opened at their end rather than standing firm.

They then tried to falsify evidence by ordering ordinary police officers to amend their pocket books accordingly which was borne out at the enquiry!

But for one of our "alleged fans" to search out that photo and put it on our forum to make a point is disgusting and he should be permanently banned.
I'm not PC literate but can't his IP address be banned too in case he returns under another name?

There must be a line in the sand here!

:bmj:

The old adage : It is not how big it is but how you use it!
So Merson waving his head around would suggest that he is an active dickhead!

Back
Top Bottom