Spurs .Vs Southampton . KO 19/03/17 , 2:15pm .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OMG STOP NEGATIVE, YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO THE CLUB, YOU'RE SO PESSIMISTIC, YOU'RE NOT A SPURS FAN, HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME GET OFF OUR FORUM YOU TROLL etc etc.

Oh, the irony.
Ha ha ha. Someone's a little butthurt. ;)

I said nothing negative about the club at all. I am simply reflecting on Chelsea's fantastic form and the fact that they aren't like to drop enough points for us to catch up even if we win the rest of our games. They have to lose three and draw one for us to catch them. With their form, do you think that is realistic?

That comment involves no criticise of Spurs whatsoever, unless you can point out where it does?

In contrast, I suspect had you had the balls to show up in the match thread today, you'd have been whining throughout the second half.

OMG STOP NEGATIVE, YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO THE CLUB, YOU'RE SO PESSIMISTIC, YOU'RE NOT A SPURS FAN, HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME GET OFF OUR FORUM YOU TROLL etc etc.

Oh, the irony.
There's a difference between pessimism and realism. Expecting the team on top of the league, who have so far done an excellent job at getting results, to do something other than virtually collapse is the latter.

Based on what Son did today and Vinny's cameo - I think it's fair to say the latter deserves the nod for this one. Fair is fair
Given that Son has more league minutes under his belt, and was coming off the back of a hatrick - it seemed obvious that Poch was going to start him today.

From what we've seen in the match, the ball should definitely be in Janssen's court now (which is a good thing, as I think he'll offer more as the main striker than Son - who seems to perform best as an attacking midfielder).
Hopefully we're now in a situation where Janssen can start against Burnley and no-one will have their feathers ruffled over it.

Pending an injury-free international break, of course.

Last two games, 6 points against two of the better teams in the league (Everton & Saints). The score line doesn't matter, let's not be self entitled twunts like Woolwich and Liverpool, 3 points is enough from these games.

It's like all of sudden we are poor, white hart lane is rubbish, Poch can't make subs, so and so can pass, we don't shoot enough etc etc! Completely forgetting the fact we just won a massive game in our season.

Not digging anyone specific out here, I've only read through the last couple pages of this thread, but it's very similar to what I was hearing coming out the ground today! More moaning about individual performances than praise of what was a hard fought victory against a good side who beat us last season at WHL.

We are a very good football team who should expect to do well. However whinging after a tight victory against Southampton reaks of self entitlement! And I hate it. We can't win 4-0 every week, and results like this are just as important in the long run as those 4-0 victories.

3 F'N points! COYS

Last two games, 6 points against two of the better teams in the league (Everton & Saints). The score line doesn't matter, let's not be self entitled twunts like Woolwich and Liverpool, 3 points is enough from these games.

It's like all of sudden we are poor, white hart lane is rubbish, Poch can't make subs, so and so can pass, we don't shoot enough etc etc! Completely forgetting the fact we just won a massive game in our season.

Not digging anyone specific out here, I've only read through the last couple pages of this thread, but it's very similar to what I was hearing coming out the ground today! More moaning about individual performances than praise of what was a hard fought victory against a good side who beat us last season at WHL.

We are a very good football team who should expect to do well. However whinging after a tight victory against Southampton reaks of self entitlement! And I hate it. We can't win 4-0 every week, and results like this are just as important in the long run as those 4-0 victories.

3 F'N points! COYS
Second in the league. 10 PL games unbeaten at home. The moaners should be ashamed. Entitled plastic twats. I hoped we would never have such fans when we're doing well, but there you go.

Last edited:
Vinny's 5 minute cameo (yes he held the ball up well) does not warrant a start over Sonny yet. The team won so you don't change a winning team and Poch already said he was very happy with Son's performance after the game.

Wtf do you know about fair you utter mong. You stated before the game Janssen should start despite Son scoring a hat trick in the previous game.
Unfair comment. Firstly, because Son was playing against league one opposition. Secondly, because Son has unfortunately gone missing in most games where he has been a starter.

There's a difference between pessimism and realism. Expecting the team on top of the league, who have so far done an excellent job at getting results, to do something other than virtually collapse is the latter.

Go back through the threads.

Me and Totti said in January-February there's almost 0% chance of us winning the title due to the gap and we instantly got slated as negative and downers. Even by the cunt who a month later echos the exact words said! The hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom