Spurs .Vs Southampton . KO 19/03/17 , 2:15pm .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch on Son's performance:

"I think he was good. He had some chances to score, great movement in behind the defensive lines. He connected the play with Dele and Christian. I'm very, very pleased with his performance."

He was nowhere near 'garbage' as some on here have mentioned.

You know what. Just watching Sunday's game again.
That Alderwiereld header that Fraser saved was actually not a header but a penalty.
Stephens purposely puts his hand out to stop Alderwiereld getting to the ball and he fists the ball towards Fraser.
http://makeagif.com/i/g2EBS9

Last edited:
Just enjoy this last season at WHL. We're playing such great football at home. In some parts of the first half yesterday, it was like playing FIFA, the tempo we are able to play on the smaller pitch is incredible. Quick and short passes, alot of movement between the lines - we might not be the most effective team infront of goal, but there isn't a team in Europe right now which is playing faster football than us.

As for the title, I said a few weeks ago, let it drop. It's over sadly. I don't want to look at the gap between us them, I just want to enjoy the football, and so should the rest of the fans. We've done what we can to close in on points with them - we've beaten them at our ground. And it's not like we are not able to lift a trophy this season! :tobyarm:

Trust me, our next season will be far away from this one. A bigger pitch will really hinder our style of play if we don't adapt to the new dimensions of our new stadium. It will be completely different, all of our games will be played either on a neutral or on an away basis. So, enjoy the rest of this season! COYS

Wasn't that long ago that players were saying the smaller size of WHL was restricting our ability to spread play and break down teams.

Great spot.
I am fucking obsessive. I re watch games concentrating on an individuals
Sad, but I get the time.
Also Vertongens two passes one to Dembele, that lead to the goal, the other to Dele, that he swivelled and shot tamely at Forster were really something to behold.
He disguised them so well he has their players all moving in the other direction before he pulls it back to both. Especially Davies who would have been on top of Dembele if he didn't have to check and go back towards him.

I heard they are also upset about being down to 10 when we got the pen.
Long wasn't allowed on.
Bollocks.
Long was warming up just after he pulled his groin.
Gabbiadini spent a while sitting on the pitch.
The physios then slowly walked him off with one eye on Long trying to coincide it.
Yet when he was coming off Long still had his bib on sitting down tieing his boots.
One of their physios then had to stop Gabbiadini form leaving the pitch and stood him next to the touch line.
The 4th official had to ask them to leave the field of play.
It's on Long.

I heard they are also upset about being down to 10 when we got the pen.
Long wasn't allowed on.
Bollocks.
Long was warming up just after he pulled his groin.
Gabbiadini spent a while sitting on the pitch.
The physios then slowly walked him off with one eye on Long trying to coincide it.
Yet when he was coming off Long still had his bib on sitting down tieing his boots.
One of their physios then had to stop Gabbiadini form leaving the pitch and stood him next to the touch line.
The 4th official had to ask them to leave the field of play.
It's on Long.

Long would have been on the halfway line waiting for them to break anyway.....hardly like they missed a defender

I am fucking obsessive. I re watch games concentrating on an individuals
Sad, but I get the time.
Also Vertongens two passes one to Dembele, that lead to the goal, the other to Dele, that he swivelled and shot tamely at Forster were really something to behold.
He disguised them so well he has their players all moving in the other direction before he pulls it back to both. Especially Davies who would have been on top of Dembele if he didn't have to check and go back towards him.

How was Son.....I thought he was anonymous, but would be interested if you had watched him

" as Toby heads it" - Does he head it or not? may brush off his hand after he heads it (but the video does not show that) but no way does he fist it in - all the momentum is from the head.
Ok, bad wording. Watch closely it looks like the players slapped the ball down and Toby doesn't actually head it at all. If you see it differently then fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom