Spurs vs Watford: Sat 8th April 12.30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never get to make these, so there!

Hoping for some momentum to continue against another bunch of ex-spurs boys!

:tobyarm::tobyarm:

They have no defence. Injuries all over the place and Britos is suspended. This will be the easiest game remaining, seriously. I could see 4 or 5 being put through them. Would be great to see Kane back too.

Love the fact we play before Chelsea. A win puts us 4 points behind them. Now that's still a nice cushion for Chelsea but that sort of pressure can play on teams. Bournemouth away isn't easy but it's not the hardest. We just need to show Chelsea we arent going away and they'll begin to look behind them.

Old Trafford and Goodison Park still await them. Palace showed they're human.

12-0
Dele, Son, Eriksen and Janssen with a hat trick each.
Let's put the pressure on Chelsea, see if they slip up. If they can avoid dropping 7 points over the next eight games then fair play to them but they haven't done it yet. We've shown tonight that we're going to find a way to take three points from each game.

I never get to make these, so there!

Hoping for some momentum to continue against another bunch of ex-spurs boys!

:tobyarm::tobyarm:

No problem with you starting this thread, get in there early and stop Tomo starting one cos we all remember what happened last time he started a match thread!!
We should have too much for them and confident of a good win,

Sissoko should be nowhere near the bench, let alone the starting eleven. Janssen brings so much more to the side.

Would you guys like to see Wanyama return and go with 5 at the back again?

Any info on Rose?

They have no defence. Injuries all over the place and Britos is suspended. This will be the easiest game remaining, seriously. I could see 4 or 5 being put through them. Would be great to see Kane back too.

Love the fact we play before Chelsea. A win puts us 4 points behind them. Now that's still a nice cushion for Chelsea but that sort of pressure can play on teams. Bournemouth away isn't easy but it's not the hardest. We just need to show Chelsea we arent going away and they'll begin to look behind them.

Old Trafford and Goodison Park still await them. Palace showed they're human.
With all due respect, I think Chelsea will be emboldened by their result this evening and realise that there's only one team left (us) with any chance of stopping them winning the league. And, based on our respective histories, I doubt that we're putting the fear of God into them.

Your thoughts on Watford are spot on though, and I think the timing of this match is a blessing as they're not yet sucked anywhere near the relegation zone (I don't think for a second that they'll get relegated, but I can see them dropping down the table before the season is out) so will have little motivation.
An early goal for us could spark a bloodbath - though I thought Swansea away was going to be a darn sight simpler than it was, so who knows!

Wanyama almost certainly back in the starting XI. Janssen to start if the rumours of Kane healing miraculously quickly don't come to fruition.

Everything points to what should be a good Spurs win but, like Eddie, this only makes me more nervous :lamelashock:

Hope Poch and the boys don't let their guard down and take care of business like they should :tobyarm:

First up for two weeks running now. We get to put all the pressure on others. We, the crowd, have to play our part as well. Put Janssen up top and play three at the back if Wanyama if fit. Obviously Sissoko on the bench.
It does feel good to be playing first, unlike last season when we seemed to be forever chasing an ever widening gap.

It's time for us to start the mind games; the cup semi-final is a good oppportunity to play them off the park and remind them that the season isn't over.

If we can close the gap to 3-4 points by the time we play them at Wembley then I predict they will start to feel the pressure.

Watford have shown they can get results, they won at Woolwich and got a good win vs West Brom.

However, with the momentum and record we have at the Lane this has to be 3 points.

- Lloris -
- Dier Alderweireld Vertonghen -
- Walker Wanyama Dembele Davies -
- Eriksen Alli -
- Janssen -
Cut off the supply into Deeney, and contain Niang and we stop them playing.

Son off the bench to cause havoc with 25 left.

3 points, and put pressure on Chelsea, Liverpool and City to get a result. I'm not worried about Woolwich or Utd.

Back
Top Bottom