Spurs vs Watford: Sat 8th April 12.30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to win all our remaining matches and hope Chelsea:

Loses to United (A)
Draws with West Brom (A), Southampton (H), Everton (A)

We would win the League by 2 points, so technically they can beat Saints and we'd finish above them on GD.

Any draw or loss from us and it's over because all Chelsea's other matches are walkovers.

If they beat United, it's also pretty much done and dusted since I am not sure they could lose to any other team.
We can take it on goal difference

Been a fan for nearly 40 years so I include Burkinshaws early 80's team..

I have to agree. The sides under Burkinshaw will always be special as they were my first Spurs heroes, like my Dad's were the double winners.

But this side is something else, we have so many disadvantages to contend with in the modern game, which the new stadium should solve, but what Poch and the players are achieving is something else, trophies will surely follow.

I remember telling my boy after we thumped Liverpool under redknapp to enjoy these moments as they are few and far between, poch and these players are slowly eroding all the old cliches about us. Just loving it at the moment!

We need to win all our remaining matches and hope Chelsea:

Loses to United (A)
Draws with West Brom (A), Southampton (H), Everton (A)

We would win the League by 2 points, so technically they can beat Saints and we'd finish above them on GD.

Any draw or loss from us and it's over because all Chelsea's other matches are walkovers.

If they beat United, it's also pretty much done and dusted since I am not sure they could lose to any other team.
Anything is a long shot at this point. Worth noting that dropped points can come from anywhere though (who'd have thought that Chelsea would lose to Crystal Palace?!).

If we win all our games, and Chelsea still finish above us, then credit to them for winning the title. All we can expect of Spurs is to fight in every game and not let our heads drop if/when Chelsea confirm the title before the final day.

Anything is a long shot at this point. Worth noting that dropped points can come from anywhere though (who'd have thought that Chelsea would lose to Crystal Palace?!).

If we win all our games, and Chelsea still finish above us, then credit to them for winning the title. All we can expect of Spurs is to fight in every game and not let our heads drop if/when Chelsea confirm the title before the final day.

I want to see us finish the season strongly, not let our heads drop and show we can chase to the last. I don't think Chelsea will slip up that much but I want us to show what we can do.

Three from outside the area today and all screamers, we've got some amazing rhythm at the moment.

Having said that, Watford's defence has been a shambles this season.

I have to agree. The sides under Burkinshaw will always be special as they were my first Spurs heroes, like my Dad's were the double winners.

But this side is something else, we have so many disadvantages to contend with in the modern game, which the new stadium should solve, but what Poch and the players are achieving is something else, trophies will surely follow.

I remember telling my boy after we thumped Liverpool under redknapp to enjoy these moments as they are few and far between, poch and these players are slowly eroding all the old cliches about us. Just loving it at the moment!

They will indeed Mate, starting with the FA cup this season.

I am absolutely convinced we are going to win it..

I can't see the chavs dropping another 7 points, (but then I didn't think they would loose to palace) regardless as long as we keep the chase up and be there in case they do then the season is a huge success, and to think we are the only team still in the title race with all the injuries we have had is crazy.....

Only finished watching now - had recorded the game

We looked fantastic - special mention for Trippier - ran himself ragged and was always an outlet

COYS

Anyway, my view of the game, thought Watford came at us in the first 10 mins or so and Hugo made a couple of good saves. But once we got our noses in front, if we had won by six or seven, wouldn't have been an injustice. When The Moose got fouled and the ref didn't blow, I was screaming at him that this isn't going anywhere, and up popped Dele. What a screamer, we don't see too many of those nowadays. In fact, all the goals were good ones today. Agree with the general consensus that Tripps was MOTM, but thought everybody again played their part. Only thing I didn't quite get about the subs, was taking off Vince, would have brought off Dele, as there was a little blow up and had a horrible feeling of deja vu - don't want to lose him for the run-in again.
Although I have seen some true world-class players in a Spurs shirt, I do believe that is the best team and team spirit I have ever seen, and that starts from Poch and his coaching team. We just need to add some silverware to the trophy cabinet to put this team up there with our greatest legends.
It was lovely to see Gomez applaud every side of the ground today. Mind you, the idiot sitting one seat away from kept calling him Coco the Clown, which I thought was disrespectful and totally uncalled for. He also gave Sonny abuse when he didn't score when Harry put him through for his hat trick, saying how the f*** did you miss that - because he's human, you dipstick! What a wally, hope I don't have the 'pleasure' of his company again.
We can only keep doing what we're doing until the end of the season. Do I think Chelsea can be caught - not really, but let's keep it interesting for as long as we can. I will be more than happy to win the FA Cup and end up second or third, will class it as a successful season. It would be lovely to have tangible reward for our endeavours and the football we are capable of playing.

Anyway, my view of the game, thought Watford came at us in the first 10 mins or so and Hugo made a couple of good saves. But once we got our noses in front, if we had won by six or seven, wouldn't have been an injustice. When The Moose got fouled and the ref didn't blow, I was screaming at him that this isn't going anywhere, and up popped Dele. What a screamer, we don't see too many of those nowadays. In fact, all the goals were good ones today. Agree with the general consensus that Tripps was MOTM, but thought everybody again played their part. Only thing I didn't quite get about the subs, was taking off Vince, would have brought off Dele, as there was a little blow up and had a horrible feeling of deja vu - don't want to lose him for the run-in again.
Although I have seen some true world-class players in a Spurs shirt, I do believe that is the best team and team spirit I have ever seen, and that starts from Poch and his coaching team. We just need to add some silverware to the trophy cabinet to put this team up there with our greatest legends.
It was lovely to see Gomez applaud every side of the ground today. Mind you, the idiot sitting one seat away from kept calling him Coco the Clown, which I thought was disrespectful and totally uncalled for. He also gave Sonny abuse when he didn't score when Harry put him through for his hat trick, saying how the f*** did you miss that - because he's human, you dipstick! What a wally, hope I don't have the 'pleasure' of his company again.
We can only keep doing what we're doing until the end of the season. Do I think Chelsea can be caught - not really, but let's keep it interesting for as long as we can. I will be more than happy to win the FA Cup and end up second or third, will class it as a successful season. It would be lovely to have tangible reward for our endeavours and the football we are capable of playing.
Great write up that, thanks!
My only disagreeement would be MOTM. Sonny gets my vote

I can't see the chavs dropping another 7 points, (but then I didn't think they would loose to palace) regardless as long as we keep the chase up and be there in case they do then the season is a huge success, and to think we are the only team still in the title race with all the injuries we have had is crazy.....
Indeed it is. We've had such clear progression over the last two years that I really don't think it's Liverpool-esque to have a 'next year is our season' kind of sentiment (at least, it would be if we didn't have Wembley possibly buggering up our home form).

Two years in a row, we've been fucked over by the (likely) league winners having zero European football to contend with, as well as having worse injury lists (ligament not muscular, so would be reluctant to blame any of the club's training regimes).
If we can get even better next season, none of the top sides are shaping up to be without european football in one form or another. I'd be nervous about resurgent Manchester sides... but every Tom, Dick, and Harry was thinking that'd be the case this year.

Keep the boys together. Add in a couple of bits of quality. The world could be our oyster next season.

You should've taken him out, Mrs P!

f97ec9fce52650ac67a1e3a995ccf377.gif

Trippier is unlucky to be stuck behind Walker. He'd be a starter for most of the Top 10 teams. Easily the best crosser of the ball at the club. Also thought Son was brilliant tonight, could've & should've scored 4/5.

Also, did anyone see Hoddle, 'Arry & McManaman waxing lyrical about Dele after the game? They used pretty much every superlative you can think of to describe him.

Back
Top Bottom