Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Parrot.....I've said it before and I'l say it again, a star in the making. Brilliant free kick but the second was just as superb because of awareness, calmness, and precision finish.

What an effort from Jack Roles too. The speed of thought and execution so impressive

I do hope both have long and great careers at Spurs

Parrotts 2nd goal was top class. Skip to 5 minutes or so on the below link to see how he mugged their defence off. Got high hopes for him, looks sheer class even when he's playing against people 3-5 years his senior in an U23s match

Impressed every time I've seen clips of his games. Seems cool headed, clever, technically able, great movement. He's surely ready this summer to step up.

That 2nd goal of Parrot's, very rarely see strikers have the balls to do that. Very smart to dummy/cut inside when the shot was on but might have been blocked. Lovely free kick too, that's the 2nd in recent games I think. But easier at this level as defenders in the wall aren't so big.

Really hope that he can carry on developing and steer clear of injury, unlike another Irish lad Dixon who looked to be the dogs nuts and then was crocked. Sounds like he's got a great attitude which in Poch's eyes is prob the most important thing.

Shout for Roles, I'd love him to get a chance, maybe in close season. What a shot from inside our own half, skimmed the bar, dipping all the way, would have been better than Beckham's v Wombles as Roles had to half turn to check the keeper.

Impressed every time I've seen clips of his games. Seems cool headed, clever, technically able, great movement. He's surely ready this summer to step up.

I like Parrott a lot , great prospect and best striker we've seem in the academy since Kane. But these are his first 2 goals at u23 level so think he probably needs another 6 months or so playing and scoring at u23 football before he's fully ready for first team outings.

But certainly wouldn't be averse to him seeing some playing time in pre-season if Poch/McDermott thinks he's ready both physically and mentally - but he's still only just 17 so plenty of time.

Skipp is clearly not only a busy, hard-working player, he's a baller and stood out as such in every academy game I ever saw him play and as a consequence got fast-tracked up ages groups and then deservedly into the first team.

I'm a huge fan of Roles but who the fuck is he seriously getting ahead of in the first team to warrant a place on the bench on Saturday? The point being tactically I just would have thought it would have been nieve given all the changes that were made and what actually is at stake for a top 4 spot this season. The risk was making 7 changes in what might have been a far more difficult game (WBA last year surely can't be forgotten). Marsh is a heads up footballer, a safe pair of hands and whilst he isn't a flamboyant player (hard to think of many players that are in CM) if called upon because of injury he would have the greater opportunity of being integrated into the side if called on more than any of the other players you mention.

Why the fuck would you play Markanday, if Lucas got injured when Son is on the bench?? What if we are chasing the game?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I doubt Parrott (who I think is of all our kids probably the next one ready to step up into the first team, despite his age, as his runs are highly intelligent ahead of his years IMO) would have played as well as Llorente, who I thought had a great game.

When you make seven changes to what is arguably your best 11 you seem to be expecting him to roll the dice even more by selecting another kid? I'd argue the best time to blood an academy player is when you have your best team playing, far easier for that individual to be integrated and looked after by those 'better" players on the pitch than introduce them into a game where we are already weakened.
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away at a conference.

Re: Roles, he should have been on the bench instead of Marsh. We already had Skipp there to cover CM, no need for Marsh too IMO. Btw I wouldn't call him a safe pair of hands, myself.

Re: Llorente - bit of an odd one because whilst he had some nice touches and held the ball up well, he didn't hit the target from six attempts, he looked (understandably) rusty in that respect. I'd have happily had Parrott on the bench to bring on for a few minutes at the end.

But yes, I agree with your last paragraph too, and I was actually not a fan of the rotated side even though ultimately we got the job done with ease.

I like Parrott a lot , great prospect and best striker we've seem in the academy since Kane. But these are his first 2 goals at u23 level so think he probably needs another 6 months or so playing and scoring at u23 football before he's fully ready for first team outings.

But certainly wouldn't be averse to him seeing some playing time in pre-season if Poch/McDermott thinks he's ready both physically and mentally - but he's still only just 17 so plenty of time.

You may be right but he's big for a 17 year old, just looks ready to me. I don't mean to start the first league game, but to take part in pre season and if it goes well continue training with the first team and start making the bench.

Dzy8NNDXcAMPSoW.jpg:large

Spurs u17's in the Ajax Future tournament on 20-22 April

U17 tournament starts tomorrow, Saturday

Some matches broadcast live as per link below

Last edited:
a few totally new names to me :

Ben Wyss
Ethan Baggott
Harley Curtis
Colin Opong

Other players are either from Academy Year 1 or our u16s who will mostly be next season's year 1 academy. Could be some of the u15s but still don't know their names

Spurs sometimes take a few lads from say Ipswich as part of the squad - not sure if that accounts for some of the unknown names

Looks like Romaine Mundle and Eddie Carrington Alberdi will be part of next year's intake

Won the first match v Japanese side 3 -0. - Whitaker Cirkin (pen) and an Ipswich player scored.

Spurs lost 1- 0 to Juve but as all 4 teams in the group AVE won one and lost one, Spurs top the group with a goal difference of +2 with all 4 teams Ajax tomorrow.

Match on Sunday v Ajax is on Fox Sports Tv - foxsports 3 at 12.30 local time

Last edited:
So of your helpful list, Brown has already gone, and I imagine Glover, Freeman, Tanganga, Dinzeyi, Georgiou, Duncan, Marsh, Roles, Harrison, Tracey, Statham, Tainio and maybe one or two others from the second years will all leave. Maybe Carter-Vickers and Onomah too.

Looks like Duncan has been told to find a new club.

Lost 1-0 to Ajax.

Worth commenting that perhaps the star player of this year, Nile John is away with E u16s where he has been scoring, together with E u16 go, brother of our u18 gk

Here's a list of all Under 23s and returning loanees who will not be classed as U 21 next season and therefore obviously would have to be given a HG slot if they are retained.

NameDOBContract expires
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart14/02/19962019
Amos, Luke Ayodele23/02/19972021
Georgiou, Anthony Michael24/02/19972020
Walker-Peters, Kyle13/04/19972023
Onomah, Joshua27/04/19972021
Harrison, Shayon13/07/19972019
Glover, Thomas William24/12/19972019
Carter-Vickers, Cameron31/12/19972021

Here's a list of all Under 23s and returning loanees who will not be classed as U 21 next season and therefore obviously would have to be given a HG slot if they are retained.

NameDOBContract expires
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart14/02/19962019
Amos, Luke Ayodele23/02/19972021
Georgiou, Anthony Michael24/02/19972020
Walker-Peters, Kyle13/04/19972023
Onomah, Joshua27/04/19972021
Harrison, Shayon13/07/19972019
Glover, Thomas William24/12/19972019
Carter-Vickers, Cameron31/12/19972021

Of that list I could see Amos and KWP being retained with the others either being sold or loaned out again ( with anew contract of course) but only a couple of these not sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom