Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HG rule is here to stay, so get over it

UEFA have plans to increase the number of club trained players required to be in a squad - and time out on loan with other clubs are not included in the minimum of 3 years at a club before the age of 21, which in turn mean that loans can only play a part of a footballlers development.

In the UK and rest of europe there is a tradition of some of the players having a strong affinity with their clubs which tends to strongly be related to home trained players (which includes both older players such as Kane who came through the academy a few years ago now, and the likes of Tanganga, Cirkin and White who are just coming through)- quite unlike baseball where the 'draft' means players are allocated to teams and hence there is no affinity between players and clubs, the players are just paid employees

Good coaches who bring youngsters through juggle the youngsters time between loans and playing for the first team, and done well is a very good way to get players through to being full time members of the first team squad.

Nailed it.

When regulations hammer through, being able to integrate youth will not be something top managers can "chose" as a strategy or not. Nor something they are more or less good at, let alone more or less interested in.

The ones unable to work it out will go extinct. Just like George Graham and Co before them.

Nailed it.

When regulations hammer through, being able to integrate youth will not be something top managers can "chose" as a strategy or not. Nor something they are more or less good at, let alone more or less interested in.

The ones unable to work it out will go extinct. Just like George Graham and Co before them.

ATM JM seems to be doing it - involved Tanganga last season, has name checked Cirkin and White to be in the squad this season whilst playing both those two plus CCV and Bowden against Ipswich last week with Skipp, Eyoma and Parrott on loan to develop this season. That's 8 youngsters of whom realistically 2/3/4 realistically could be in the Spurs squad in the next 2 years on merit

Not to mention involving Devine and Scarlett whose time will come.

ATM JM seems to be doing it - involved Tanganga last season, has name checked Cirkin and White to be in the squad this season whilst playing both those two plus CCV and Bowden against Ipswich last week with Skipp, Eyoma and Parrott on loan to develop this season. That's 8 youngsters of whom realistically 2/3/4 realistically could be in the Spurs squad in the next 2 years on merit

Not to mention involving Devine and Scarlett whose time will come.

True, although has yet to prove it over season.

Birmingham fan in peace wanting to ask you guys your opinion on your academy.

It’s said our boss and yours are close friends so bearing that in mind which of your youngsters are ready for a season loan to the championship?

We are playing each other today so I expect a few to be given a run out in order for Karanka to run the rule over them.

Thanks in advance 👍🏿

Maguire (Solberg 46), Cesay, Hackett, Matthew Craig, Muir (Davies 60), Lusala (Haysman 60), Mundle (Torraj 75), Robson (Cassanova 52), Whittaker (Mathurin 65), John (Donley 60), Santiago (Turner 75).

4-0 (last match also scored 4). u16 striker Donley again scoring 2 - has a reputation for scoring at lower age groups so good to see that continuuing at u18 level. The usual striker in the first year academy, Dane Scarlett, playing with the first team so Donley taking the opportunity to play up a year group rreally well.

Whittaker and Cesay with the other two goals. First time I've seen GK Solberg get game time at u18's I think.

That was only a temporary reprieve for the hosts, however, as Parrott latched on to a through ball from Murray Wallace before delicately dinking over Oxley after 57 minutes to score his second goal of pre-season so far.

The loanee striker nearly added another to his and Millwall's tally shortly after, receiving a pass from Wallace inside the box only to squeeze a shot against the post under pressure from the keeper.

Played 31 minutes to get the goal. Seems to be settling in nicely at Millwall.

Watching Cirkin at the moment against Birmingham and he is playing very well. I would happily watch him step up into the left back position.
He did good.
Passes well and showed good strength in physical challenges which is what KWP never seemed to do.
I think he is nailed on to feature in EFL, maybe EL early games.

I’m hearing our u23s played another pre season friendly today not sure who against , jack Roles once again on the score sheet . His scoring record is ridiculous for a midfielder

Spurs Under-23s 3-1 Dulwich Hamlet (Scorers : J’Neil Bennett, Jack Roles and Shilow Tracey)
Spurs: Austin (Oluwayemi (De Bie)), Tracey (Trialist), Trialist (Muir), Marsh (John), Okedina (Lusala), Trialist (Skinner), Pochettino (Pedder), Richards, Etete (Cooper), Roles (Markanday), Bennett (Georgiou).

Looks like we now have 3 trialists - I'd guess 2 of them are the same 2 we had before including Keenan Ferguson (CB/RB) the ex Sheffield United youngster.

Good to see Lusala RB/CB (now Academy Year 2) getting minutes in u23's.

Three GK's rotated

Last edited:
Birmingham fan in peace wanting to ask you guys your opinion on your academy.

It’s said our boss and yours are close friends so bearing that in mind which of your youngsters are ready for a season loan to the championship?

We are playing each other today so I expect a few to be given a run out in order for Karanka to run the rule over them.

Thanks in advance 👍🏿

Very few on show today. Possibly Jack Clarke (winger) may be loaned out. Possibly Carter-Vickers (CB) may be sold. On the bench but didnt play today (but did in previous 2 pre-season friendies) Jamie Bowden (deep lying playmaker) may be loaned out.

Spurs have a very hectic games schedule this season, so doubt if any decisions will be taken until late in the transfer window when we know who has joined Spurs - if nobody joins its quite likely that all of these will be retained as part of our squad.

No chance that Dennis Cirkin (LB) or Harvey White (DM) willl be loaned out - JM on record they will be part of Spurs squad in 20/21.

More likely Birmingham will have been briefed to watch u23 games - Brandon Austin (GK, also E u21 ) or Jack Roles (AM) for example - or to watch next weeks's last preseason friendly v Watford as with a lot of players on international duty more youth than today may be playing.

Good luck for the season !

Jake was way better than his career shows. So was Mason.
Mason was a great prospect, with a great attitude to work and self improvement. If he hadn't been unfortunately injured setting up the winner that kickstarted our 2016 season (3 draws and a loss in 4, even loyalists were saying Poch needed to get a grip), then I think he could have been a regular starter and England International.

JL I haven't kept a track of since leaving but he really didn't show much while here imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom