Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually signed a new contract in July which strangely was just until next year.

Yup a one year contract extension.

Think everything changed with his pre-season performances though.

Including whether a loan or training with first team is the right option for Tanganga and the club

oh wow! Ipswich appear to have no actual recognised left back of their own.. and have signed Luke Garbutt, young left back from Everton and our man on loan. Looks like he might be pushed forward then?

Speaking to my mate who goes to Ipswich home and away (poor sod).. he reckons that they're hardly have a big squad and desperate for players.. would not be surprised if he is thrown straight in against Wimbledon!

Should boss it against league 1 defenders on his pace alone.

Surprised if they are short of players why they are not considering a couple of other players from our development squad. We have a few who could be loaned out, not necessarily as experienced as Georgiou but still very good

Would be great to get Jack Roles a loan.

Sad that it'll likely be League One as he's probably good enough for a Championship loan (which isn't possible now) - so wonder if it would potentially be a 5 month loan like Georgious and if he's performing well in League One we could send him out on loan to a Champ club for the second half of the season

oh wow! Ipswich appear to have no actual recognised left back of their own.. and have signed Luke Garbutt, young left back from Everton and our man on loan. Looks like he might be pushed forward then?

Ipswich have also signed Kane Vincent-Young, now 23, who was released by Spurs (but think was a year above Georgiou in Spurs Academy) and has played 100 times for Colchester - plays either right or left sided defender. Your mate may be very happy with some good acquisitions that Ipswich seem to be making.

Sad that it'll likely be League One as he's probably good enough for a Championship loan (which isn't possible now) - so wonder if it would potentially be a 5 month loan like Georgious and if he's performing well in League One we could send him out on loan to a Champ club for the second half of the season

Would make sense, although quite a few clubs don't want to do loans for only half a season as it takes time to get the loanee up to speed.

Surprised if they are short of players why they are not considering a couple of other players from our development squad. We have a few who could be loaned out, not necessarily as experienced as Georgiou but still very good

Yeh I bet we will see a few young players going to Ipswich whilst they re-build and try to go back up. Unsure on Paul Lamberts history of young players? Whether or not he gave them chances in the past at Villa or Norwich.

That's all the over 21s gone and just leaves Edwards, Tracey and Whiteman as the over 21s next season at the club.

Agreed but think we need to be looking at the year below too - they wont get much out of playing u23's this season.

Players like Eyoma, Tandganga, Roles, Sashoua (Sam), maybe Austin and even Oakley-Boothe. They could all be training with the First Team and Poch but seems a few too many to do that. Especially with the likes of Parrott, Bowden and White hard on their heals for First team training

Yeh I bet we will see a few young players going to Ipswich whilst they re-build and try to go back up. Unsure on Paul Lamberts history of young players? Whether or not he gave them chances in the past at Villa or Norwich.

Think at Ipswich he will have to use the Academy players - and I'm sure that it will have been explained to him at the Manager interview that the clubs future depends on it.

Always been regarded as an intelligent coach, but he's been at a number of clubs now as manager. If he's not been good with youth before, don't think he has an option of not being good and staying with Ipswich, bad and he has to be replaced.

So, sorry to be a bore but we are back to the old chestnut of players who Poch sanctions a loan for will NOT play for Tottenham. And players Poch looks to keep and have them train with the squad are more likely to make the breakthrough.

That's Winks, KWP and Skipp to support this. In fact, has there been a player to have gone out on loan by Poch and made it into the first team squad proper? I don't think so.

Sad that it'll likely be League One as he's probably good enough for a Championship loan (which isn't possible now) - so wonder if it would potentially be a 5 month loan like Georgiou's and if he's performing well in League One we could send him out on loan to a Champ club for the second half of the season
Excellent point that I had not considered. I was wondering why the GM and AG loans were only until January.
Another 2 weeks to go to do more loans and if our lads do well I am sure Levy will be getting a few bob in loan fees to Champ clubs in January and of course our boys getting experience and/or finding their levels.

Excellent point that I had not considered. I was wondering why the GM and AG loans were only until January.
Another 2 weeks to go to do more loans and if our lads do well I am sure Levy will be getting a few bob in loan fees to Champ clubs in January and of course our boys getting experience and/or finding their levels.

I remember us doing that with Kyle Walker.

Sent him in loan to QPR for half a season, was superb in the Championship then sent him in loan to Villa in the Premier League for the second half.

I remember us doing that with Kyle Walker.

Sent him in loan to QPR for half a season, was superb in the Championship then sent him in loan to Villa in the Premier League for the second half.

Think Walker was a bit of a special case though.

Before Spurs bought him he had already made half a dozen appearances for Shefffield United in Championship followed by another 25 or so whilst on loan from Spurs (so a total of 30+ appearances in Championship) and then perhaps 3 or 4 PL appearances with Spurs.

Problem was Spurs couldn't persuade a PL club to take and play him on loan, so QPR took him on loan in Championship, again he performed well with 20+ appearances, and Aston Villa then agreed to a PL loan.

So by the time he went to Villa on loan he had around 50 Championship appearances to his credit and a few PL appearances. Our loanees wont have half that experience !

So, sorry to be a bore but we are back to the old chestnut of players who Poch sanctions a loan for will NOT play for Tottenham. And players Poch looks to keep and have them train with the squad are more likely to make the breakthrough.

That's Winks, KWP and Skipp to support this. In fact, has there been a player to have gone out on loan by Poch and made it into the first team squad proper? I don't think so.

Dele Alli.

But I guess it isn't the same.

Get Roles out to someone like Sheffield Wednesday and see how he gets on. I'm all for pushing them to their limits to see if they can cut it. A half decent Championship team for me based on his goal scoring numbers from midfield.

Get Roles out to someone like Sheffield Wednesday and see how he gets on. I'm all for pushing them to their limits to see if they can cut it. A half decent Championship team for me based on his goal scoring numbers from midfield.

We can't send anyone out on loan to a Championship club until January.

Would be a good move for him though.

Hopefully some players heading out on loans can do really well and possibly change that way of thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom