Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a bit pointless having a youth player as 3rd gk. he is never going to get a game unless he is something extra ordinary, teams often have a 35 yr old as third choice. Someone who is happy to just pick up the money but can do a job if req. would you want to start a lge or Cup game with Whiteman

Great for the required academy or HG numbers. The 3rd choice keeper is the least used on average. If you can get one of thise required HG slots taken with one you're helping the team grow in other areas I guess.

Is he a potential RB for us? Basically is he any good ?
No idea how he's exactly rated now but he was also a hyped youth prospect, not as much as Ryan but close to the same. But he lost a year or so to injury so he's playing catch up. Gotten a decent amount of playing time this season.

No idea how he's exactly rated now but he was also a hyped youth prospect, not as much as Ryan but close to the same. But he lost a year or so to injury so he's playing catch up. Gotten a decent amount of playing time this season.
Considering the problems we have at RB itd be a convenient fix if he was decent

Bowden or white as the better DM? Remember seeing lots of positivity about Jamie a couple seasons ago, but now it is all White I hear about.

So, what are the youth experts thinking?

Bowden or white as the better DM? Remember seeing lots of positivity about Jamie a couple seasons ago, but now it is all White I hear about.

So, what are the youth experts thinking?

Imo Jamie Bowden still needs to put on a little muscle so as to be more robust playing against men.

Harvey White seems to be more robustly built and showed in a couple of preseason games he held his own despite playing as LB. That versatility will probably also appeal to Poch as will his dead ball skills.

Today I think White is the more likely to get a few appearances this season, but give it 6 - 12 months and Bowden may have physically developed a bit more and things could even up.

Ideally both come through to first team - within a season or two we will want two players to join Ndombele, Winks Skipp and maybe Dier - Sissoko is coming up to 31 so will have moved on - although the logistics of bringing 2 players through into the same position won't be easy.

Good find. But Yago de Santiago posted on instagram pics of him in Spurs training gear almost 2 months ago.

Think the first we know if all the legal issues (work permit etc) have been resolved is when he appears in an u18 squad (or u23 squad if it takes a really long time !)

I remember reading about his permit issues a couple of months back. If he's promising and if he's visited the training ground yesterday that can only be a good thing. Hopefully it's all resolved now and hopefully he keeps posting on social media so we can see if all is god long before those u18 & u23 squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom