Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think he's been unlucky with injuries - not sure he played this season, and only played in about 50% of last season's game in u18's

Given the numbers in development squad and a full squad from 19/20 Academy Year 2 coming through it makes sense to move on and get a season playing in the first team squad under his father as coach.

Lots of news to come on the Development squad for 20/21 with :
- Perhaps 8 players from Academy Year 2 being given first professional contracts and promotion to Development squad,
- A couple from Academy Year 2 not awarded contracts who are released
- And there may be 10 players being released or sold from the Development squad.

In total circa 20 ins or outs. So far :

Pro Contract & Promotion from 19/20 Academy Year 2
- Aaron Skinner (CB/DM/RB)

Released or Sold from Development Squad
- Maxi Tainio

Last edited:
The Premier League has confirmed that its shareholders have agreed temporary changes to the rules relating to substitutes.

For the remainder of the 2019-20 season, which is set to resume on 17 June, the number of substitutes that can be used during a match will increase from three to five, in line with the temporary law amendment made by the International Football Association Board last month.

Clubs can also increase the
maximum number of substitute players on their bench from seven to nine.

The squad size rising to 20 with 9 on the bench might well lead to a few appearances on the bench for some Spurs youngsters.

Possibly the reason why White and Cirkin have been seen training with first team

George Marsh is also in training pictures with first team.

Not a big fan myself, but did well on pre-season 2019 as a bustling DM, can also play RB, so a candidate to bolster the first team squad if required.

Not a big fan myself, but did well on pre-season 2019 as a bustling DM, can also play RB, so a candidate to bolster the first team squad if required.
Hmm I hope not, he’s not good. Best thing for him would be to make a permanent move to a L1 club.

Hmm I hope not, he’s not good. Best thing for him would be to make a permanent move to a L1 club.

I know you guys are not big fans, but right now I think someone like Marsh - someone who could just busy about biting into tackles, winning the ball and doing basic Dm type stuff with a bit of vim would go amiss - even as a temporary solution, especially if we were to play a 433 and have Ndombele and Lo Celso either side to play the football.

He's very similar to Tousart in terms of his skill set, and that's exactly what Ndombele needs, a water carrier to do the fetch and carrying next to him.

Looks like we were playing 433 :

Vorm;
Aurier, Vertonghen, Foyth, Davies;
Skipp, Winks, Gedson;
Bergwijn, Kane, Dele.

v

Lloris;
Marsh, Alderweireld, Dier, Sessegnon;
White, Sissoko, Ndombele;
Lamela, Lucas, Son.​

Sessegnon playing as LB, Marsh RB playing in maybe unexpected positions. Good to see Skipp and White playing.

No Gazzaniga, Tanganga, Suarez, Lo Celso or Cirkin - surprised we haven't heard that Bowden had also trained with first team squad, injured ?

Vorm;
Skipp, Winks, Gedson;
Bergwijn, Kane, Dele.

v

Lloris;
Lamela, Lucas, Son.​

Sessegnon playing as LB, Marsh RB playing in maybe unexpected positions. Good to see Skipp and White playing.

No Gazzaniga, Tanganga, Suarez, Lo Celso or Cirkin - surprised we haven't heard that Bowden had also trained with first team squad, injured ?

Really hope we are moving to a 433. Really hope neither Winks or Sissoko are the 6's in it though.

I assumed Cirkin was injured?

Big fan of Harvey White though - think he could be really special with the right development and players around him. Such a good technique on him.

Vorm;
Skipp, Winks, Gedson;
Bergwijn, Kane, Dele.

v

Lloris;
Lamela, Lucas, Son.​

Looked to me Ndombele was playing just behind Lamela. Certainly much higher than white & sissoko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom