Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost spot on but some corrections/specifics to positions: Cesay (CM/RB/CB/DM), Kyezu (LB/LM), Lusala (RB/CB/DM), Michael Craig (DM/CM/CB/AM), Matthew Craig (CM/AM/CDM), Mundle (RW/LW/AM), Robson (AM/LM/CM), John (LW/AM/CM/CF/RW/DM), Carrington (LW/RW), and Whittaker (CF/LW).

Thanks for these - I was just glad my provisional list from about 4-6 months ago was correct other than our 3rd GK who went to Celtic instead (makes perfect sense, why would we have 3 GKs in one year, but maybe a surprise we can let a GK who has played recently for E youth go !)

I compromised between what is on OS and my own understanding of where the players play.

For example OS describes John as a CM whereas to me he's always been more forward playing (reflected more in your descriptions).

To some extent I think Spurs are still working with the players to refine what their best position is, and we'll possibly see some changes during their first year of full time training.

Incidentally I've not been able to get any update on why Yago de Santiago, a Spanish midfield player widely pictured in Spurs training gear (including pics seeming to be at Spurs Training Centre isn't included in the new u18's - do you know if there have been any changes or do we think its something to do with a visa (unlikely as he is Spanish unless he's having problems proving it !) or maybe work permit ? (for him or his parents)

Last edited:
Our U16s are in Latvia for a cup. The squad is here:

Players:GoalsAY
| 9 |Jediah Bombo04-09-2004000
| 8 |Shannon Brown05-10-2004000
| 5 |Brandon Bryan - Waugh06-10-2004000
| 10 |Dante Cassanova21-06-2004200
| 12 |Mark Chidi01-02-2004100
| 13 |Luca Gunter23-03-2005000
| 4 |Kaalon Haysman05-03-2004000
| 1 |Adam Hayton28-04-2004000
| 3 |Max Hudson28-05-2004000
| 14 |Rio Kyerematen09-06-2005001
| 18 |Jahziah Linton30-11-2004000
| 2 |Max Mcknight08-10-2004000
| 6 |Axel Piesold31-03-2005000
| 7 |Hakeen Sanoah [Edit: this is Hakeem Sandah]15-03-2005000
| 15 |Shaun Senkubuge01-10-2004000
| 17 |Reece Stringer17-12-2004000
| 16 |Williot Swederg01-02-2004100
| 11 |Renaldo Torraj15-07-2004000

A few new names for me there

Mark Chidi
Williot Swederg
Jediah Bombo
Shaun Senkubuge
Reece Stringer

I Googled all and found this on Senkugbe. His Instagram lists Cambridge United so I suspect he's on trial with us from there.

This could be the same Reece Stringer.

Thanks for finding these, and the dates of birth.

Can I check the age group though, I think that players such as Haysman (dob March 2004) is in this years Spurs u16's but those born after September 2004 are this years u15's ? (eg. Shannon Brown, Brandon Bryan-Waugh, Max McKnight, Alex Piesold)

Don't doubt its an u16 tournament, but as ever we have sent a mixed age group

I don't have all the DOBs but think these are/were our u16 group (may be a few changes as ever) based on some previous tournaments last season

Aaron Maguire GK
Adam Hayton GK (on your list)
Oliver Turner LB
Max Hudson LB (on your list)
Jordan Hackett CB
Benjamin Watt CB
Ferdinand Okoh CB/DM
Dante Casanova CM/AM (on your list)
Khalon Haysman AM/CM (on your list)
Hamed Abdul-Salam CM
Roshaun Mathurin AM/winger
Renaldo Torraj AM (on your list)
Dane Scarlett Striker

Thoughts ?

Its not easy to track youngsters at u14/u15/u16 age group as you know, so cant guarantee accuracy !

Last edited:
Thanks for these - I was just glad my provisional list from about 4-6 months ago was correct other than our 3rd GK who went to Celtic instead (makes perfect sense, why would we have 3 GKs in one year, but maybe a surprise we can let a GK who has played recently for E youth go !)

I compromised between what is on OS and my own understanding of where the players play.

For example OS describes John as a CM whereas to me he's always been more forward playing (reflected more in your descriptions).

To some extent I think Spurs are still working with the players to refine what their best position is, and we'll possibly see some changes during their first year of full time training.

Incidentally I've not been able to get any update on why Yago de Santiago, a Spanish midfield player widely pictured in Spurs training gear (including pics seeming to be at Spurs Training Centre isn't included in the new u18's - do you know if there have been any changes or do we think its something to do with a visa (unlikely as he is Spanish unless he's having problems proving it !) or maybe work permit ? (for him or his parents)
It seems to be, as your say, work permit issues preventing Yago de Santiago from signing. This, however, does not mean he will definitely sign, as I, personally, am still doubtful.

Hi all,

Apologies for intruding on your forum. I was at the U18 match between Fulham and Spurs yesterday as a photographer. I've put together a match report with some pictures and thought it might be interesting to a few on here.

Fulham U18 vs Tottenham U18

Regards,

GRTourist
Fantastic report, thanks very much for sharing. John and Lusala, the two you picked out for Spurs, are both England players so have pedigree.

I'd expect quite a few loans out before 31 August to EFL clubs, maybe a couple of days later for some European clubs with later TW deadlines.

Interesting for a few though such as Parrott, Tanganga, White Roles , Eyoma et Al - would Poch give them some playing time ( maybe the dozen appearances and 400 odd minutes which Poch gave last season) which might make it worth it to both player and Spurs to keep them in house for the sesson.

If we turned down £1.5m for TOB surely he is too good for an EFL loan? Don't want any of those muggy euro loans some had last term either.
Maybe Germany?

If we turned down £1.5m for TOB surely he is too good for an EFL loan? Don't want any of those muggy euro loans some had last term either.
Maybe Germany?

Half surprised Fulham didn't take him on loan, but maybe not easy to accommodate both him and Onomah.

Some of the League 1 clubs would be fine, provided we get some idea of playing time. As I've said before, it would be really good for the club to organise a couple of 'special relationships' with a few clubs, even helping with coaching perhaps, where maybe 3 or 4 youngsters go on loans.

Germany or Netherlands would both be good - a lot of English speakers in Germany and even more in Netherlands. Less so in France, Italy and Spain.

TOB could still turn out to be a very good footballer, although his relationship with Poch seemed to go south after a very good preseason in 2017 followed by numerous minor injuries training with first team.

With the likes of Jamie Bowden and Harvey White coming through, both excellent players although playing in a slightly different midfield position than TOB, think it could be difficult for TOB to get back into the group of youngsters on the fringes of first team.

Very bad news. Dennis Cirkin is one of our best full backs in the youth system for a couple of years - had hoped he could push on this season in u23's to stake a claim for next preseason with the first team, as he's that good.

Best of luck in his recovery !

Just watched the highlights of the U23 game v Liverpool, Hard to assess any performances from those highlights but Austin seemed to have a good game. And how is Tracey still playing for our U23's, he must be like 32 now?

Jack Clarke started for Leeds tonight in the CC away to Salford City. Sold out! :love:
Leeds win 3-0.
CCV starts - clean sheet. Stoke win 1-0.
Luke Amos scores a pen in the shootout as QPR go through after 3-3. He came on 60 mins.

Wanted to ask again as its been a while since I've been in London

In 2015 I had no issue walking into Hotspur Way to catch a youth game, but I've seen other people say on Twitter (and maybe here?) that they've been turned away since. I'll be in town next month and wanted to catch either the PL2 game vs Southampton on 13 Sep or the U18 match vs West Ham the next day (or both!) Are these games still all open to the public, or are specific ones only?

In 2015 I had no issue walking into Hotspur Way to catch a youth game, but I've seen other people say on Twitter (and maybe here?) that they've been turned away since. I'll be in town next month and wanted to catch either the PL2 game vs Southampton on 13 Sep or the U18 match vs West Ham the next day (or both!) Are these games still all open to the public, or are specific ones only?

The scheduled u18 and u23 games at Hotspur way are almost always open to public - cant think of one which was not. If you are on twitter, you could always ask Spurs on twitter to re-confirm a few days before the matches.

Most away games are also accessible to public - but not all, for example Woolwich.

I've never been turned away, just turn up at main gates.

There have been a couple of cases where people say they've been turned away (posted on here sharing their experience). I should have asked them about what time they turned up, maybe they were past a significant KO time and/or security only allow a certain number of people in (this absolutely isn't made public, just a guess).

But honestly, mate in my experience just turn up, if you are early enough you'll be a parking spot too, although on busy days (when many games being played) you might have to park along the road opposite that takes you over the M25 and into Theobald Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom