Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed by ex-Spur Colin Calderwood.

We'll see soon enough whether or not League Two is too easy for Roles - if he's good enough, he'll get a League One or better a Championship loan come January.

No big ting but why is Skipp listed in the U23 squad on the OS when he has featured in our last 3 EPL games and featured in 12 1st team games last term?
Only lost once when Skipp plays for the seniors. :love:
11-2-1.

Last edited:
Decided to make up a quick video of Roles vs Scunthorpe. He was playing as the deepest midfielder early, eventually ended up wide left to start the second half, and then came inside a bit more often. His first half was fine, but nothing really noteworthy. Second half he was one of the better players on the pitch, albeit against a side down to 10 men since around the 20 minute mark.

Decided to make up a quick video of Roles vs Scunthorpe. He was playing as the deepest midfielder early, eventually ended up wide left to start the second half, and then came inside a bit more often. His first half was fine, but nothing really noteworthy. Second half he was one of the better players on the pitch, albeit against a side down to 10 men since around the 20 minute mark.

At an early age at Spurs was a CB before becoming a CM and then an AM in u18s so no surprise he s being moved round. Currently I'd guess he's best at anywhere across front 3 AMs (or even at a squeeze a false no 9)) or CM.....and hence Cambridge trying him in various positions . Hope they settle on one of ,the wider AM positions as whilst not a winger that's where he seems most lethal !

BTW saw Georgiou came on as a sub for Ipswich so I'm going to try and grab that video. Hopefully have a quick write up/video for the morning

Managed by ex-Spur Colin Calderwood.

We'll see soon enough whether or not League Two is too easy for Roles - if he's good enough, he'll get a League One or better a Championship loan come January.

All these lads should get out and play man-ball if deemed ready... No point sitting around playing 3rd and 4th fiddle to our seniors.

Decided not to make video on Georgiou since we've seen a decent amount of him over the years in preseason and I don't think too many still consider him a top young player, but here's a few words on his Ipswich debut:

Played in a more advanced role on the left side of a 4-2-3-1 and made an instant impact to a team that was very flat in the first half. Had great chemistry instantly with left back Myles Kenlock who I like quite a bit.

Did a good job winning physical battles and drew some fouls going forward. His first real involvement in the game was winning a foul not far outside the box and then crossing the free kick to a wide open man who got a weak header on it.

Kept things fairly simple, created a good amount of opportunities streaking down the left side and crossing in. He was used on both corners and free kicks from any spot in the attacking third and most were very good. Worth noting that when Alan Judge was subbed on he took a late corner instead that led to Ipswich's first goal.

My personal feeling at this point is Georgiou is he's more of a Championship player long term but I see why people like him. He'll be excellent for Ipswich this year and has a chance to make a nice career for himself, I just don't see it being at Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom