Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashoua going back to Spain

Back to Spain I think you mean !

This time to the 2nd division of Spanish leagues (last year 3rd division which had 120 clubs over 4 leagues), this year is a genuine 20 team 2nd division team, so definitely a step up to Championship level football at Deportivo Tenerife.

Best of luck to him.

ECpgzSZXsAEztFD

Loan for Tanganga coming up or just in the first team squad?

One big problem with that side is where will the goals come from ?

Tracey is not a regular goalscorer, built like Sissoko he contrinutes power and strong running. Poor technique so surprised he's still here but if played, probably wing or CM is best ?

Parrott is a natural goalscorer - if injured Etete is his obvious replacement. Or even Asante who was injured much of last season or even Mukindi (again injured for much of last season)

Richards is a decent winger/striker so good choice as part of a starting combination of goalscorers.

Markanday, like Sam Sashoua before him, as a decent AM but small, so look to him for assists but maybe not a hatful of goals ?

Oakley-Boothe is a low scoring AM - imo better played as a CM for that reason.

Rayan Clarke (bench) is a decent winger who scores a few goals too.

So imo, the loss will be down, at least in part, to poor team selection. Too many low/no scorers picked to be in AM/striker positions.

So rather than a front line that might have been something like :

Richards
Tracey, Oakley-Boothe, Markanday​

Think of maybe :

Etete
Richards, Markanday Clarke​

That way at least we look like scoring a few goals and assisting a few.

Permanent transfer.

Good luck!

Probably a wise decision to move to Spain.

Small of stature but very talented AM, much easier to play in Spain than PL where I don't think he would break through until maybe 22 or 23, and that after a lot of gym time.

Best of luck to him.

Wonder whether his brother will follow a similar career path ?

People can shout and scream 'attitude' and 'professionalism' (and would be guessing) but it is absolutely absurd that we have given two-year contracts to Shilow Tracey and George Marsh but let Sam Shashoua (and Marcus Edwards to follow) go.

Something is going badly wrong with how we transition attacking/mercurial players beyond the scholarship.

It's of no surprise to me Windy. Not strong enough. We'll see how far he goes in the game but Tenerife is a bit of a backwater in footballing terms.
Not strong enough for what? He had a great year in the division below the one he's just joined last year.

Very young starting X1 - majority from Academy Year 1, including for the first time both the Craig twins starting together.

Oluwaemi, Binks, Pedder and Asante are the only 4 in starting X1 who aren't first years.

Carrington and Mundle on the bench (both first appearances for u18's I think) are also first years with Scarlett our u16 striker who has already appeared at u18 level.

But the inexperienced side go 2-0 up within 5 minutes through Robson (first goal at u18 level I think) and Whittaker plus on 38th minute a goal from Pedder (first at u18 level) to take us to a 3-0 lead.

Third match of the season, losing the first two, but flying today it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom