Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
JM picks Austin for the bench today. IMO he is our best young GK but Poch prefered Whiteman but did not trust him and so re-signed Vorm.
Not sure if Vorm and/or Whiteman was injured or not today?

Austin appears to be the senior of the two atm ?

Good, Bowden is a promising youngster as CM/DM. almost Carrick like.

Hope the club are also trying to tie Harvey White to a long term professional contract - almost same age as Bowden but in Academy Year 2 (Bowden in Development squad) plays as a versatile midfielder (DM/CM/AM) and filled in at LB pretty well in Preseason 2019, and as an excellent ball playing CB when playing Barcelona u19's. Possibly one of the best set piece taker to come through the academy in recent years.

Harvey White - almost same age as Bowden but in Academy Year 2 and filled in at LB pretty well in preseason 2019, and as an excellent ball playing CB when playing Barcelona u19's. Possibly one of the best set piece taker to come through the academy in recent years.
I wish special teams were allowed as in NFL and we could bring on White for corners and FKs for the 1st team. 😂

Sign all the Irish!
How long would that contract be? No date mentioned for Cirkin or Walcott for that matter.

Minimum pro contract is one year, but these ones usually awarded close to the end of the Academy Scholarship. Contract announcements made at other times are usually for the youngsters considered to be amongst the best prospects and/or because they have achieved something, and its then a question of length of contract.

I think I am right in saying that for a 17 year old the maximum length of contract is 3 years in UK law - I would guess Cirkin and Walcott would have that kind of length contract but as they are still in Academy Year 2 the professional contract might only start on 30/6/19 with a change made in their existing scholarship contract to increase wages. But that is just my guess.

Cirkin born in Dublin but moved to England as a baby/toddler I think and so far is an always present for England youth, currently E u18

I think Cirkin, Robson and Parrott with be the ones who could potentially add value to a first team squad long term. All lookmto have that little bit of class that's mouldable.

The lad must be buzzing to hear Jose speak so highly of him.

I think Cirkin, Robson and Parrott with be the ones who could potentially add value to a first team squad long term. All lookmto have that little bit of class that's mouldable.

The lad must be buzzing to hear Jose speak so highly of him.

Yup, add in Harvey White to that list to get the best prospects - but there's another layer currently a small bit behind that list but who could easily improve faster as they get to the 19/20/21 year old players such as Jamie Bowden, Luis Binks, Malachi Walcott, Rodel Richards, J'Neil Bennett and a few others.

So whilst we do not have as many top quality youngsters coming through as I think we did maybe 5 -10 years ago with players such as Kane, Mason, Townsend, Caulker (at the time looked a great CB prospect before non-footballing things seemed to get in the way of football) and a few others, we do still have some good prospects coming through.

And if we could get one or two through to the first team each season, whilst most will become squad players, occasionally we'll find another Harry Kane and the others may be sold on after a year or two in the first team if they aren't quite the right quality. Poch was a disappointment from the point of view of developing Spurs youth players, hope that JM (who despite his poor youth development reputation did help develop Rashford and McTominay at ManU) will take a bit more interest (and todays news of a name check of Cirkin is excellent) as that will help turn the tide of the Academy.

In the last few years some top youngsters have turned Spurs offer of a Scholarship down as there is no first team pathway seen - players such as Spurs u16 captain Noni Mandueke who has gone to PSV and already seen as on the fringes of their first team at age 17/18. If the first tram path is seen to be a bit more pen we will retain players like that and we suddenly double the number of top prospects at the club.

That's strange. Fulham are on a 5 game unbeaten streak with Josh playing many minutes.
Josh did not feature the last time they were beaten.
I don't know how far into the match it was, but he was getting pelters. Granted Twitter isn't a very good barometer of how things are realistically seen but was very surprised to see his name trending, I was hoping to see it was because he's scored a belter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom