Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be willing to bet every single part of my reputation (lol) on the fact that Josh Onomah would be a far, far different player right now had he gone out on loan at 18. He was *fantastic* and you don't just turn into a bad player overnight. Still think he'll ultimately rise to the PL but he's been hugely hamstrung by the way we've 'developed' him in the same way that KWP has.

He's getting slaughtered by Fulham fans for his performances, same as he was at Sheffield Wednesday. I saw a bit of a Fulham game the other week. He was woeful. Just lollops around the pitch. For all his physical attributes, he seems to lack the mentality to be a top player.

He's getting slaughtered by Fulham fans for his performances, same as he was at Sheffield Wednesday. I saw a bit of a Fulham game the other week. He was woeful. Just lollops around the pitch. For all his physical attributes, he seems to lack the mentality to be a top player.
But he was never like that for our U18s, U21s, U23s or the many England youth levels. He's been allowed to stagnate, to regress even. Now it'll take some time for Parker to get him back to where he was before this happened. The talent is there, though, so he's absolutely worth persevering with because he could be a star.

Tanganga wants more money before he signs another contract , but we won’t offer no more , also he wants to go on loan , we won’t let him go on loan until he signs contract , so it’s a bit of a mess. The boys who went on loan beginning of the season really really pushed for the loans as they would have been stuck at u23 level or in no mans land . Georgiou is the only one I heard that we were happy to let go . Roles was deemed too good for u23 but was not going to get many minutes in first team due to his physicality and what players were in front of him , but he needed to be playing regular men’s football for his development and to get his physicality right and get him ready . Skipp and Parrott are physically there already . I would say he has done the right thing pushing for his loan . I would also say he has so far been the most successful out of our loanees in the last few years , so for him it has been completely the correct decision . Tanganga has wasted 5 months as has Skipp , unless they are going to get regular minutes in that first team they need to go on loan for their own sakes and careers

But he was never like that for our U18s, U21s, U23s or the many England youth levels. He's been allowed to stagnate, to regress even. Now it'll take some time for Parker to get him back to where he was before this happened. The talent is there, though, so he's absolutely worth persevering with because he could be a star.

Many teenage wonder players never progress, in fact about 90% ... Josh was at his best at age 18, over the next two years he got 19 appearances with the first team, he just never made his mark. He had 37 games for Villa where he was hailed equally as 'world class' and a 'waste of space' again he never made his mark. Wednesday was a miss, and Fulham has hardly been great either.

In the end a real top quality player having opportunities at Spurs, Villa, Sheffield and Fulham would have stepped up, sadly Josh hasn't. It's tough at the top.

Many teenage wonder players never progress, in fact about 90% ... Josh was at his best at age 18, over the next two years he got 19 appearances with the first team, he just never made his mark. He had 37 games for Villa where he was hailed equally as 'world class' and a 'waste of space' again he never made his mark. Wednesday was a miss, and Fulham has hardly been great either.

In the end a real top quality player having opportunities at Spurs, Villa, Sheffield and Fulham would have stepped up, sadly Josh hasn't. It's tough at the top.

19 appearances in dribs and drabs across four or five different positions. It was all so poorly managed.

Re: 'a top quality player would have stepped up'. Look back at Kane's loan spells; did he step up in them all?

Spurs u19 away at Bayern kick off at 3 pm being shown live on BT Sport 2 starting at 3

Tough match they need to either win or draw - lose and they are out. And probably with Troy Parrott being on first team duty. So main striker likely to be Rodel Richards.

My guess that the team will include TJ Eyoma, Jamie Bowden, Harvey White, Dennis Cirkin Malachi Walcott, Luis Binks and maybe youngster Max Robson to give themselves the best chance of getting a result - with maybe one or two of the first 3 also making an appearance on Spurs first team bench later ?

Hope his guts are better!
Whiteman signed a new contract last year until 2020. Maybe that's an indication of how the club sees the pair?

I think one will go on loan in January - I'd like both too but with Vorm out atm and uncertainty over Lloris return I suspect we need to keep one in house fir the 2nd half of the season

I think one will go on loan in January - I'd like both too but with Vorm out atm and uncertainty over Lloris return I suspect we need to keep one in house fir the 2nd half of the season
Getting Vorm back was a slap in the face to those 2 lads.
Agree about a loan, obv with a proviso of a recall.

Getting Vorm back was a slap in the face to those 2 lads.
Agree about a loan, obv with a proviso of a recall.

Not really in my opinion. We had a major injury to the only GK in our squad to have had more than 5-10 starts in the PL. it isn't impossible to know how a GK will do until he's thrown into the limelight. For a free transfer and for the greater good of the club it just made sense to get Vorm in.

FWIW watching him tonight and agree. So sad to watch.

Shame about Josh. Let's hope that KWP wipes the smile off his face and gets nasty.
OK we haven't got Chelsea style success rate but if KWP, Tanganga and Skipp make it then we are still doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom