Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player update | Tottenham Hotspur
We can confirm that defender Jan Vertonghen and goalkeeper Michel Vorm have agreed to extend their existing contracts with the Club until the end of the 2019/20 season.
www.tottenhamhotspur.com

We have also agreed to extend the loans of Danny Rose (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker-Peters (Southampton), Jack Clarke and Luke Amos (both QPR) Brandon Austin (Viborg) and Armando Shashoua (Atletico Baleares) until the end of their respective league seasons.

CCV not mentioned....I assume oversight ?

Player update | Tottenham Hotspur
We can confirm that defender Jan Vertonghen and goalkeeper Michel Vorm have agreed to extend their existing contracts with the Club until the end of the 2019/20 season.
www.tottenhamhotspur.com

We have also agreed to extend the loans of Danny Rose (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker-Peters (Southampton), Jack Clarke and Luke Amos (both QPR) Brandon Austin (Viborg) and Armando Shashoua (Atletico Baleares) until the end of their respective league seasons.

CCV not mentioned....I assume oversight ?
Curiouser and curiouser...

CCV getting rave reviews by Luton fans

Saying that signing him has completely transformed them and they are a better team since he arrived, feel more confident they can stay up with him in the team.

1 loss in 7 now for Luton, who are 3 points from safety.

One loss in about 8 matches for them - decent upturn in fortunes for a bottom of the table team probably in no small part to ccv playing in those matches.

Before he arrived they were on average conceding 2.15 goals a game.

Since he's arrived they're on average conceding 1.2 goals a game.

Huge difference, especially down the bottom.

CCV getting rave reviews by Luton fans

Saying that signing him has completely transformed them and they are a better team since he arrived, feel more confident they can stay up with him in the team.

1 loss in 7 now for Luton, who are 3 points from safety.
Yeah.

My mate has a season ticket there. He wants to sign him permanently.. I told him they could have CCV.

But he won't sign if they go down. I've seen CCV come through the ranks. Champo is about his level.

Yeah.

My mate has a season ticket there. He wants to sign him permanently.. I told him they could have CCV.

But he won't sign if they go down. I've seen CCV come through the ranks. Champo is about his level.
He's on 20k a week at spurs and Luton's highest earner is on 13k a week. I believe Luton have been paying 5k a week of the 20k for him this season.

He's on 20k a week at spurs and Luton's highest earner is on 13k a week. I believe Luton have been paying 5k a week of the 20k for him this season.

Not doubting your info on salary, which I assume started from a new contract in 2018, but on that salary I would have expected CCV to have been played as part of the first team squad, whereas his last games for Spurs were in 2017, and he started going out on loan in 2017.

Not doubting your info on salary, which I assume started from a new contract in 2018, but on that salary I would have expected CCV to have been played as part of the first team squad, whereas his last games for Spurs were in 2017, and he started going out on loan in 2017.
Source was spotrac who are pretty reliable but not always up to date. They have KWP also on 20k

Yeah.

The few times I've seen him I've thought the same. Hasn't he got a great attitude for self-improvement? It's amazing what you can achieve if you're outstanding at the mental stuff. They've all seen where an overweight and slowish striker can end up.

:kaneear:

The few times I've seen him I've thought the same. Hasn't he got a great attitude for self-improvement? It's amazing what you can achieve if you're outstanding at the mental stuff. They've all seen where an overweight and slowish striker can end up.

:kaneear:
It's funny cos he is full international for USA. You would have thought he would be pushing himself to get into the first team. Tanganga wasn't much better than CCV at youth level.
TJ Eyoma always stood out for me of the 3, but he is nowhere to be seen.

The good thing you can say is that CCV has wanted to play football by going on loan. I think the time has now come to sign permanently elsewhere for him.

Luton may not have the wages and I'm sure other Champo clubs will be happy to take him. If he wants to be in the USA team when they host the world cup, then he needs to think about his next move carefully. Granted that is 6 years away haha.

CCV had a similar loan success at Ipswich a few years back if memory serves me right. He had a bad fall half at another club but we brought him back and sent him to Ispwich who raved about him. Yet a full time move did not materialize.

Hopefully he earns one this time. For his career's sake more than anything.

It's funny cos he is full international for USA. You would have thought he would be pushing himself to get into the first team. Tanganga wasn't much better than CCV at youth level.
TJ Eyoma always stood out for me of the 3, but he is nowhere to be seen.

The good thing you can say is that CCV has wanted to play football by going on loan. I think the time has now come to sign permanently elsewhere for him.

Luton may not have the wages and I'm sure other Champo clubs will be happy to take him. If he wants to be in the USA team when they host the world cup, then he needs to think about his next move carefully. Granted that is 6 years away haha.

CCV had a similar loan success at Ipswich a few years back if memory serves me right. He had a bad fall half at another club but we brought him back and sent him to Ispwich who raved about him. Yet a full time move did not materialize.

Hopefully he earns one this time. For his career's sake more than anything.

Championship clubs not in the best way atm - Wigan went into administration today, Oldham just escaped recently by paying off largest creditor, but suspect they will be back unless they raise finance somehow, Huddersfield said to be considering options and they will not be the last. Think all bar only two or three made losses last year and covid will have screwed the cash flow of them all.

Think CCV is potentially still a good defender, still only 22, only played Championship football (other than 2 or 3 games for Spurs 2016/17) but probably borderline PL/championship.....and if he got to PL with a club, he'd probably have takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom