Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

I understand Spurs offered pro contracts or contract extensions to all youngsters coming out of contraxt - all bar about 4 or 5 accepted them (as reported around 30 June when the Retained and Released lists were released).

I am expecting a few to join lower league clubs shortly or in January - but many of the lower league clubs don't have much cash to take on new players.

Former Spurs u16 captain, left before signing Spurs Academy Scholarship due to concerns over lack of pathway to first team......now looks like he's playing as Bergwijn's replacement.

Shows up the cost of Poch's 'train with me, but you are only likely to get a few minutes playing for the first team' policy.

Former Spurs u16 captain, left before signing Spurs Academy Scholarship due to concerns over lack of pathway to first team......now looks like he's playing as Bergwijn's replacement.

Shows up the cost of Poch's 'train with me, but you are only likely to get a few minutes playing for the first team' policy.

Thanks for the update but god it makes me sick to read it

k4I9k5.gif

Poch fanboy here.

Absolutely nailed on. Edwards, Bennet and Madueke - No excuse whatsoever to not involve them more.

In particular when you consider the sheer state of the first team squad over the last 24 months, looking at the "last" 8-10 players of the 25 man squad.

Went there, injured, for 2nd half of the season and of course League 1 and 2 terminated their leagues at the start of covid, so he never got to make an appearance. Hopefully Eyoma (CB/RB) will make a number of appearances this season.

Hopefully means Lincoln saw enough in training to want him back. Now aged 20 (abiut 10 months younger than Tanganga) getting a 3 year contract so Spurs clearly believe there is still a chance for him at professional football - made a great impression in pre-season 2018 (and part of the WC u17 winning squad) but then confined to Poch's train' dont play' regime for a year and took a few months at the start of last season to get going before going on loan to Lincoln.

Went there, injured, for 2nd half of the season and of course League 1 and 2 terminated their leagues at the start of covid, so he never got to make an appearance. Hopefully Eyoma (CB/RB) will make a number of appearances this season.

Hopefully means Lincoln saw enough in training to want him back. Now aged 20 (abiut 10 months younger than Tanganga) getting a 3 year contract so Spurs clearly believe there is still a chance for him at professional football - made a great impression in pre-season 2018 (and part of the WC u17 winning squad) but then confined to Poch's train' dont play' regime for a year and took a few months at the start of last season to get going before going on loan to Lincoln.
time to be sick again

KWP's sale for £12m means approx £114 mill profit loans and sales 2012-2020 from the academy.

Really should be a lot higher, but under Poch virtually no youth xame through and therefore almost no fees were earned - examples being Onomah (wrapped into the Sessegnon deal for mpt a lot) who will be playing premier league next season, Edwards (given away) will be playing top tier somewhere in europe and even not forgetting CCV who was looking very good pre-Poch and then at least went on loan and has circa 90 Championship matches under his belt age 22 but think he could have done better and moight yet return to PL

CCV who was looking very good pre-Poch and has circa 90 Championship matches under his belt age 22 but think he could have done better and might yet return to PL.
With the amount of games we will potentially be playing this season CCV with his experience of "real" games may be worth keeping on. He is not a "clogger."

With the amount of games we will potentially be playing this season CCV with his experience of "real" games may be worth keeping on. He is not a "clogger."

have always thought he has the raw ingredients to be a DM. Can’t see it happening at this stage of his career tho

Biggest issue is his contract runs only for another 12 months to 2021.

Given he's had about 5 Championship loans to get to about 90 odd Championship matches, not sure he's going to be that thrilled to sign another contract to go out on loan again (but that's just my supposition - it maybe many Championship clubs cannot afford to buy new players due to covid but can only loan in which case anotyher loan shouldnt be ruled out if he signs at least a one year contract extension).

I could certainly think he'd be interesting to the likes of QPR or Bournemouth if we wanted to buy Eze or Brooks from them - so that might be a route for him, and otherwise it depends if there is room for him in Spurs squad as we already have Alderweireld, Sanchez, Dier and Tanganga (4 of them), so much playing time at Spurs might be hard to come by even if we are playing maybe 60 games this season with a lot being weekend/week day in succession - think that's a fall back plan for JM as we get more into the Transfer Window as 5 CB's might be sensible if Tanganga is also covering RB and maybe LB as well.

Worth mentioning that although he's mainly a CB I think he has played LB on loan at Swansea and RB at either Stoke or Luton - so he's vesatile

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom