Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest issue is his contract runs only for another 12 months to 2021.
Worth mentioning that although he's mainly a CB I think he has played LB on loan at Swansea and RB at either Stoke or Luton - so he's versatile
I haven't seen him play this season. But reports about him at Luton are good.
I hope Jose gives him a look over. Who knows?

Carrick like DM, who could certainly do with a loan to continue his development as u23's already too easy for the 19 year old. Right footer who can also play RB if required. He and Harvey White are excellent prospects

Lots of pics of our u18's and u23's in training over the last couple of days - this is one from our new striker in Academy Year 1.

Saw that.

Crazy that Anthony Georgiou, 2 months younger than Ndombele and 4 months older than Bergwijn, is still a Spurs player and still training with our academy sides.

Saw that.

Crazy that Anthony Georgiou, 2 months younger than Ndombele and 4 months older than Bergwijn, is still a Spurs player and still training with our academy sides.

Only due to covid.

All Spurs yongsters whose contracts were due to end in June 2020 were offered some form of extension (probably one year), although I expect a few may move before end of TW, but really depends on financial state of League 1 and League 2 (or non league) to offer them contracts.

List of all players no longer U21 in the development squad: CCV included.
Amos, Luke23/02/199723
Georgiou, Anthony24/02/199723
CCV31/12/199722
Marsh, George05/11/199821
Sterling, Kazaiah09/11/199821
Tracey, Shilow29/04/199822
Whiteman, Alfie02/10/199821

Josh Onomah scores a worldie for Fulham in the EFL play offs.
And to think we've had to put up with Sissoko for all these seasons when we could have been watching a player of similar size and strength who can actually control the ball and beat a man.
But it's he apt at pointing?

Amos, Luke23/02/199723
CCV31/12/199722

I know someone who works with George Marsh's uncle and they were convinced the boy was going to be come a Spurs player. This was just before his loan out to Orient, I was sceptical then but even more now, I didn't realise he was as 'old' as he is.

I know someone who works with George Marsh's uncle and they were convinced the boy was going to be come a Spurs player. This was just before his loan out to Orient, I was sceptical then but even more now, I didn't realise he was as 'old' as he is.
Not too late yet for him. A contract extension and one or two more loans that go well and he could become a decent squad player. Vardy may be a bit of an extreme case but he became a prem player in his late 20s so it is certainly doable.

Not too late yet for him. A contract extension and one or two more loans that go well and he could become a decent squad player. Vardy may be a bit of an extreme case but he became a prem player in his late 20s so it is certainly doable.

Oh definitely, I think he'll have a solid career still but this season could be a make or break one for him in regards to Tottenham, but also the fact that Skipp is seen as the future defensive midfielder will have an impact on Marsh.

Oh definitely, I think he'll have a solid career still but this season could be a make or break one for him in regards to Tottenham, but also the fact that Skipp is seen as the future defensive midfielder will have an impact on Marsh.
If Skipp and Bowden head out on loan maybe it will be Marsh that stays behind and plays backup to Pierre and Winks.

Who knows at this stage.

I think Poch was a bit of a fan of Marsh - not very good technically but a hard worker who can tackle etc and on pre-season 2018 did pretty well. DM has been his main position but can play as a CB and RB - JM played him in a couple of the freindly matches after lockdown and before the final 6 games or so of the end of season playing him at RB.

In the longer term Skipp, White and Bowden are technically better suited to being the type of DM Spurs will use, but in the coming season Marsh has age and his physical development (plus experience of a seasons professional football) on his side so its just possible JM will keep him on if he needs to bolster squad numbers (its going to be an intensive season, a month shorter than usual plus EL qualifying games) to maybe in the squad for the EL qualifying games and League cup against less fancied sides but more likely I think he will be on his way either on loan or permananly.

Amos, Luke23/02/199723
CCV31/12/199722

Be interesting to see who of these are at Spurs at the end of TW in early October - cant see any of them playing in Spurs u23's this coming season, particulaly with about 30 players being in the development squad (including the above).

Dean Rastrick confirmed as new academy head. Been with the club for over a decade.

Chris Powell joins as head of coaching for U17 through U23.

Ryan Mason is now the head of player development for the same age group.

Dean Rastrick confirmed as new academy head. Been with the club for over a decade.

Chris Powell joins as head of coaching for U17 through U23.

Ryan Mason is now the head of player development for the same age group.

Big step up for Ryan.

Really pleased to see Chris Powell, who having managed at various clubs (as well as playing in PL and England) will be looked up by the youngsters and be a bt of a father figure to them - something I think we have been missing since Alex Inglethorpe left.

Surprised we havent found a new u23 coach, dont think Burnett has done very well for u23's since he's been there.

Also we need someone to not only keep in touch with other clubs to lloan players to but also arrange loans for youngsters and to monitor their development wilst on loan. Not sure that area has been properly thought through and resourced - but we will see !

Great to see Chris Powell.

He is an absolute gentleman! Met him a few times when I was involved with Charlton. Might see more players from our youth setup being involved with England now as he is part of Southgates team.

Big opportunity now for players like Skipp, Bowden, Cirkin, White, Markanday and Eyoma to push for regular places in the England youth teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom