Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also interesting, especially given the age of some of those playing tonight for the U23s:

------------------------------------------

@Lilywhite_Rose

·
6m

#thfc I’m told 16 year old summer signing Alfie Devine is already training with the first team at Hotspur Way.

Wasn't great tonight. Without Bowden or White we couldn't progress the ball through midfield so Roles didn't get much of a look-in. We ended up moving Marsh to RB and Lyons-Foster into the deepest midfield role which helped a bit but we kept making poor defensive choices.

I liked the trialist. Got some screenshots in case anyone can identify him. He started at RB and moved to LCB, was absolutely rapid and was the only one of our defenders who consistently got tight to their players.

"I’ve been impressed with the way he’s settled in. He’s got on with his work, he’s shown an incredible attitude and desire to want to work hard. That’s the first thing."
"We know he’s got ability, we know he’s got really good technical attributes including being a very composed finisher. But sometimes when you look at a player coming into a group you say, ‘okay, how hard are you going to work to be part of the group and to show everyone you really mean business?’ "
"He’s done that so far, so I’m really pleased with him.”

Wasn't great tonight. Without Bowden or White we couldn't progress the ball through midfield so Roles didn't get much of a look-in. We ended up moving Marsh to RB and Lyons-Foster into the deepest midfield role which helped a bit but we kept making poor defensive choices.

I liked the trialist. Got some screenshots in case anyone can identify him. He started at RB and moved to LCB, was absolutely rapid and was the only one of our defenders who consistently got tight to their players.

Just been ruminating on last night's result - clearly very very disappointing.

Like your point about there being no good CM's in the side to get the ball forward efficiently.

Other general point is that I've seen many League 1 and League 2 sides have been back in pre-season training for a month (as their leagues didnt re-start) whereas Spurs u23's I think started pre-season training last monday (10 days ago) so there will probably have been issues for Spurs of match fitness and familarity with team mates in the side (especially given the number in the development side I'd guess Spurs only selected the side on say Monday).

So maybe the match was always going to be very tough for us.

Any luck in IDing either of the triallists (especially the defender who started) ? Superficial likeness to 23 year old Zeki Celik ?

Last edited:
Just been ruminating on last night's result - clearly very very disappointing.

Like your point about there being no good CM's in the side to get the ball forward efficiently.

Other general point is that I've seen many League 1 and League 2 sides have been back in pre-season training for a month (as their leagues didnt re-start) whereas Spurs u23's I think started pre-season training last monday (10 days ago) so there will probably have been issues for Spurs of match fitness and familarity with team mates in the side (especially given the number in the development side I'd guess Spurs only selected the side on say Monday).

So maybe the match was always going to be very tough for us.

Any luck in IDing either of the triallists (especially the defender who started) ? Superficial likeness to Zeki Celik ?

Trial Walker, apparently.

Trial Walker-Peters was the sub trialist.

Not sure lack of match fitness played too much of an impact yesterday. The state of that squad is the result of the poor strategy we've had in place for the last 4 years or so.

That certainly doesnt help.

The loss of the likes of Noni Mandueke is absolutely crazy. and will cost us in the first team (ie need to buy squad players, possibly miss out on the next generational talent such as Kane).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom