Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brandon Austin is named for the bench for the Lask game tonight.
Slim chance we would sub a GK twice but Whiteman would have been more probable unless he is injured?

Brandon Austin is named for the bench for the Lask game tonight.
Slim chance we would sub a GK twice but Whiteman would have been more probable unless he is injured?
very happy for Austin to make the bench, and indeed Clarke - but would have liked to see White and Cirkin on as well, as with 12 subs plenty of space even with 5 subs allowed, and in preseason think White in particular showed he would be ready for EL where opposition no better than our preseason matches.

very happy for Austin to make the bench, and indeed Clarke - but would have liked to see White and Cirkin on as well, as with 12 subs plenty of space even with 5 subs allowed, and in preseason think White in particular showed he would be ready for EL where opposition no better than our preseason matches.
Yeah, I said in the match thread if we had not surrendered the 3 goal lead we would have had a kid or 2 on the bench. JM plays it safe tonight and he is fecking right to do so.

Cirkin recently had his arm in a cast but I’m not thrilled with the handling of White.

Cirkin recently had his arm in a cast but I’m not thrilled with the handling of White.

True but Cirkin played full 90 minutes in last u23 match. Of the two I thought White had a pretty much faultless pre-season in the 4 matches against Championship opposition (Watford just relegated from PL of course) - and the EL teams we are in the group with are of similar calibre - whilst Cirkin was caught out once and was subbed at HT in that one match (all part of a learning experience).

Worth commenting that White also appeared in pre-season 2019, at aged 17, and played a reasonable amount as both DM and LB, again looking very good (and fantastic given his age).

Both were promised to be part of the first team squad at end of last season, and whilst the squad is far better and larger than we probably thought likely, it's still reasonable to expect White (and Cirkin) to get minutes in the EL matches. I'm hopeful that JM will give minutes in 5 remaining EL Group matches and on the back of that White and Cirkin can go on a decent loan in January, as otherwise this season will be wasted in u23's.

Under Redknapp EL became a great opportunity for Spurs youth to get minutes - notably Kane, but also Mason, Townsend and a few others who played a bit at Spurs before departing for a joint £100m in fees to bolster transfer funds.......so a decent return on EL minutes to try them out in low risk matches.

Re Loans - Foyth made debut and scored for Vilareal in EL and Sessegnon made his 2nd appearance for Hoffenheim again in EL (v Red Star Belgrade) at LB and had a good 90 minutes.

Looks like both loans should give them the minutes they need to get more experience.

Unfortunately, we are over stacked in CM and need to give run outs to the squad players. On the Bench v LASK we had 4 players that can play CM as it is, we really need to trim the squad in that position.

Worst part is, IMO, we have quantity in CM but, outside the starting 3 (Lo Celso, PEH and Ndombele), I don't think the others are good enough and/or are the right type of players.

Unfortunately, we are over stacked in CM and need to give run outs to the squad players. On the Bench v LASK we had 4 players that can play CM as it is, we really need to trim the squad in that position.

Worst part is, IMO, we have quantity in CM but, outside the starting 3 (Lo Celso, PEH and Ndombele), I don't think the others are good enough and/or are the right type of players.

Precisely why we need to play youngsters who might be 'the right type of players' - one of whom might well be White - suggestion this side of Christmas might well be 'significant' appearances (ie not 5 minutes per match) in 5 remaining EL matches maybe one or two in PL so as to help get a decent loan in January.

Hopefully Skipp in the squad next season, but room for others - especially as Lo Celso best role may be further forward (which is where he played for Betis) rather than his time at PSG in CM.

Ringing the changes a bit with this squad, most noticeably with goalkeepers.

Think this is the first start for Solberg (Norwegian gk signed over a year ago had previously played in Norway 3rd tier league - aged 14/15 !), and first time n bench for Hayton.

Lineup looks like Lusala at LB rather than his favoured positions of RB/CB

Ringing the changes a bit with this squad, most noticeably with goalkeepers.

Think this is the first start for Solberg (Norwegian gk signed over a year ago had previously played in Norway 3rd tier league - aged 14/15 !), and first time n bench for Hayton.

Lineup looks like Lusala at LB rather than his favoured positions of RB/CB

So, 2 starts for Paskotsi but according to the OS he doesn't play for Spurs. o_O

U18s were 1-4 down to Reading.

It's now 4-4

Scarlett with 2. Devine and Whittaker with the other 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom