Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just posted a bit about Skipp in his thread - he's showing as the 10th best U21 player for "distribution" in Europe's top 30 leagues.

Interesting that Noni Madueke is 1st for shooting and 7th for shot creation of U21's in Europe's top 30 leagues.

Best performing U21 players in 30 European leagues​

Data is more than ever a must when it comes to scouting. The CIES Football Observatory has developed a unique methodology to assess the performance of players on an objective basis. Using the data from InStat, issue number 317 of the Weekly Post presents the 10 best performing footballers born in the 2000s for each of the six areas of the game covered in our approach. Only players fielded for at least 450 domestic league minutes up until December 7th are included in the rankings.

Nathan Collins (Stoke City) stands out when it comes to rigour (duels). He should soon receive his first call for the Irish senior national team. At the top for recovery, Mohamed Camara (RB Salzburg) is following on the footsteps of other top footballers trained in the academies ran according to the precepts of the French maestro Jean-Marc Guillou. Born in 2002, Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax) heads the distribution table, while Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (Rubin Kazan) has the top score for take on.
Dominik Szoboszlai (RB Salzburg) and the 2002-born striker Noni Madueke (PSV Eindhoven) are at the top for chance creation and, respectively, shooting. The 60th edition of the CIES Football Observatory Monthly Report details the basic principles of the statistical approach developed and presents the top 10 overall rankings in the different areas of the game taken into account for each of the 35 leagues examined.

zs5hu2k.png

Uwisap8.png

Explanation of methodology here:

I just posted a bit about Skipp in his thread - he's showing as the 10th best U21 player for "distribution" in Europe's top 30 leagues.

Interesting that Noni Madueke is 1st for shooting and 7th for shot creation of U21's in Europe's top 30 leagues.

Best performing U21 players in 30 European leagues​

Data is more than ever a must when it comes to scouting. The CIES Football Observatory has developed a unique methodology to assess the performance of players on an objective basis. Using the data from InStat, issue number 317 of the Weekly Post presents the 10 best performing footballers born in the 2000s for each of the six areas of the game covered in our approach. Only players fielded for at least 450 domestic league minutes up until December 7th are included in the rankings.

Nathan Collins (Stoke City) stands out when it comes to rigour (duels). He should soon receive his first call for the Irish senior national team. At the top for recovery, Mohamed Camara (RB Salzburg) is following on the footsteps of other top footballers trained in the academies ran according to the precepts of the French maestro Jean-Marc Guillou. Born in 2002, Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax) heads the distribution table, while Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (Rubin Kazan) has the top score for take on.
Dominik Szoboszlai (RB Salzburg) and the 2002-born striker Noni Madueke (PSV Eindhoven) are at the top for chance creation and, respectively, shooting. The 60th edition of the CIES Football Observatory Monthly Report details the basic principles of the statistical approach developed and presents the top 10 overall rankings in the different areas of the game taken into account for each of the 35 leagues examined.

zs5hu2k.png

Uwisap8.png

Explanation of methodology here:

I feel like we have enough no 8s and no 10s in our youth squads, we have produced a quality winger in a long long time. No Grealish, Sancho, Hudson Odoi, Lookman type attacking wingers.

Which of these lot should we keep an eye on a potential Son successor.

I feel like we have enough no 8s and no 10s in our youth squads, we have produced a quality winger in a long long time. No Grealish, Sancho, Hudson Odoi, Lookman type attacking wingers.

There are a number in the u21's or u18's who are decent, but possibly not undoubted of the same class as Skipp, White, Cirkin or great potential as Scarlett or Devine.

Our best hopes would be :

Roles - 21 year old had outstanding goals/assists at Cambridge last season.

Richards - Fairly prolific winger/striker aged 20.
Markanday - smaller tricky winger/no 10. The 19 year old looks good at u23's
J'Neill Bennett - Outstanding in Year 1 academy as winger/striker, but hasn't been seen for many months. Injured ? 19 in December

Whittaker - 18 year old winger striker who is decent, but others are potentially better as striker and others as winger.

Mathurin - same age as Scarlett and Devine, he and Hackettt (CB/LB) would probably vie as 3rd best player in that year group. Limited viewing due to covid.

Would I bet on any of them making it into the first team ? No but possibilities

Definitely a huge loss for Mandueke to leave and join PSV as he may well prove to be in the Sancho class (scoring for fun in PV's first team just aged 18). We may need to buy long term.

I don't much about many of them on those two lists to be honest. You have to qualify those players by the leagues some are playing in obviously. Unfortunately it doesn't let you filter for just top 5 leagues like it sometimes does on these CIES studies.

I like Calvin Stengs (AZ) he's a bit like a Sane/Mahrez type.

There aren't a plethora of players like Son and Werner about that I'm aware of - wide, pacy, direct forwards - that aren't already at top clubs or on big radars. There are players like Diaby and Bailey at Leverkusen, both are lively but I don't think either are top drawer or likely to be - they are more like bargain basement Mane's.

Players like Leao and Rebic at Milan who can do that wide forward, goals from the side thing but neither are "wingers". Dybala at Juve of course. Thauvin at Marseille is very productive but just back from a big injury.

Was just thinking, we should see if we can get Parrott at Brighton. They play a great game and need some reinforcements in attack.
That's a good shout, they create loads of chances but just can't finish.

Plus I quite like Brighton and Potter. I'd like to send a lot of our youth to them and Fulham tbh, reinforce them to put more pressure on Woolwich :sneaky:

Was just thinking, we should see if we can get Parrott at Brighton. They play a great game and need some reinforcements in attack.
Troy was an unused sub when Millwall played on Tuesday. 2-0 result ended a 10 match winless run.

Millwall boss Gary Rowett:

"We went for the simplest game plan I have used in ages and I picked a team to implement it. Bristol City have struggled against physical sides and our aim was to get the ball forward early and win the second balls."

didnt know we had twins in the U18s , the Craig twins !! Hopefully they become as lethal as the Krays :mourlmao:

didnt know we had twins in the U18s , the Craig twins !! Hopefully they become as lethal as the Krays :mourlmao:

First time I've seen both the Craig twins in a side for many months - I think its Michael who has been out injured but with identical twins it's not always clear !

Think its 2nd time that Jamie Donley has stepped up from u16's to start an u18 match this season.

Game ended 0-0 though. Think that will mean Spurs retain 2nd place in u18 league

Newport County beating Brockenhurst in the 2nd round of the FA Youth Cup earlier today means that Spurs u18's will face Newport County away in Wales, in the 3rd round of the FA Youth Cup.

Spurs u23 line up shows no Scarlett (as Totti Totti mentioned earlier), couple of changes from last match with Chelsea with midfielder Markanday starting in place of Scarlett and Thorpe also coming in for the now suspended Devine. Etete reverts to being the sole striker

White starts as Captain with Clarke also starting.

Okedina first goal, assist by White, before Liverpool level and Lyons-Foster scores Spurs second to make it 2-1 to Spurs so far

There are a number in the u21's or u18's who are decent, but possibly not undoubted of the same class as Skipp, White, Cirkin or great potential as Scarlett or Devine.

Our best hopes would be :

Roles - 21 year old had outstanding goals/assists at Cambridge last season.

Richards - Fairly prolific winger/striker aged 20.
Markanday - smaller tricky winger/no 10. The 19 year old looks good at u23's
J'Neill Bennett - Outstanding in Year 1 academy as winger/striker, but hasn't been seen for many months. Injured ? 19 in December

Whittaker - 18 year old winger striker who is decent, but others are potentially better as striker and others as winger.

Mathurin - same age as Scarlett and Devine, he and Hackettt (CB/LB) would probably vie as 3rd best player in that year group. Limited viewing due to covid.

Would I bet on any of them making it into the first team ? No but possibilities

Definitely a huge loss for Mandueke to leave and join PSV as he may well prove to be in the Sancho class (scoring for fun in PV's first team just aged 18). We may need to buy long term.
If 2 make our first team from each intake and we get a good fee for another 5 that is a fantastic return.

If 2 make our first team from each intake and we get a good fee for another 5 that is a fantastic return.

Absolutely true but unlikely

I think if we get 1 make it into our first team, with the majority being good quality squad players and one in 5 or 10 of these being 'once a generation' type players it will be pretty excellent, Some of the squad players will move on after a few years for good fees (maybe £15m each) as well as a few who don't quite make the first team who might get fees of up to £1m each or up to £10m for one or two a year.

But even that will essentially pay the say £15m pa it costs to keep the youth system going whilst the players staying in the first team are essentially free.

Just look at Kane valued at say £100m, Winks at say £25m, Tanganga at £15m (increasing with experience) and what price the likes of Skipp or potential of Parrott, White, Cirkin et al, Makes a huge difference to our squad finances if we can get 4 or 5 players out of our youth set up and focus other cash on positions where we have not developed those players internally

Back
Top Bottom