Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ridiculous talent.

Will be interesting to see if he goes down the loan route or the Greenwood route.

At current rate I suspect he'll get time at Spurs, certainly next season, as he'll be too young to loan out then. If he shows enough to play in say ten games next I think he stays and is not loaned out as he's getting enough games in house.

Only issue I think is that he will need to play as a winger/2nd striker (no bad thing) in house, but that's possibly true on loan as nobody wants to rely on a 17 year old centre forward

At current rate I suspect he'll get time at Spurs, certainly next season, as he'll be too young to loan out then. If he shows enough to play in say ten games next I think he stays and is not loaned out as he's getting enough games in house.

Only issue I think is that he will need to play as a winger/2nd striker (no bad thing) in house, but that's possibly true on loan as nobody wants to rely on a 17 year old centre forward

Due you think Scarlett is good enough to make the jump already?

Due you think Scarlett is good enough to make the jump already?

Tough call. Due to lock down and youth games generally not streamed nobody's seen anything other than his performances on tv.

But looking forward to see another cameo in EL on Wednesday. And hopefully a few more in the rest of the season.

I think his physique is much more robust than most youngsters so that's a big positive, and his technique is very good. But we saw against Ludogrets when he came on for about 8 minutes that he had a golden opportunity but he didn't quite control the ball which came at a difficult angle and hence did not score.

So I think he's good for short cameos this season, but the problem for Mourhino is being comfortable that Spurs are a goal or so ahead before Scarlett comes on. But if he's subbed for the right winger, its less of an issue for me.

Scarlett back in line up, otherwise nobody unusual. Talking of Scarlett.....he missed an 11 minute penalty, usually scores !

No Devine. Do the U23s have a game or is there an outside chance he makes the WHU game bench? :rolleyes:
Should be on the Wolf game bench after missing out on the away game.

THFC loan reports and latest stats for fixtures played on the 12th, 13th and 14th February 2021:

Brandon AustinOrlando City

The 2021 MLS season is set to begin on the 3rd April.

Cameron Carter-VickersBournemouth

CCV played the full 90 and helped Bournemouth keep a clean sheet as they beat Rotherham 1-0.

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 7 games (5 in the Championship), 0 goals

Jack Clarke Stoke City

Jack Clarke came on for the last quarter of an hour in Stoke’s 1-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday.

Stoke 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 7 games (7 in the Championship), 0 goals, 1 assist

Overall 2020/21
stats (all competitions): 10 games (7 in the Championship), 0 goals, 1 assist

Timothy EyomaLincoln City

Eyoma played the whole match, but suffered heartbreak as Sunderland beat Lincoln on penalties to go through to the Football League Trophy final.

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 36 games (25 in League One), 0 goals

Malachi Fagan-WalcottDundee FC

Dundee’s next game is against Queen of the South on Saturday.

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 1 game (1 in the Scottish Championship), 0 goals

Juan FoythVillarreal

Foyth came on at half-time and helped Villarreal to a 2-0 Europa League win over RB Salzburg.

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 17 games (8 in La Liga), 1 goal (0 in La Liga), 2 assists (0 in La Liga)

Paulo GazzanigaElche

Elche’s next game is against Eibar on Saturday.

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 0 games (0 in La Liga), 0 clean sheets

Jubril OkedinaCambridge United

Cambridge’s next game is against Mansfield on Saturday.

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 5 games (4 in League Two), 0 goals

Troy ParrottIpswich Town

Parrott played the full 90 in Ipswich’s 0-0 draw against Northampton.

Ipswich 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 3 games (3 in League One), 0 goals

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 17 games (14 in the Championship/League One), 0 goals, 1 assist (1 in the Championship)

Jack RolesStevenage

Roles made his first start in Stevenage’s 1-0 win over Crawley. He was subbed off after 54 minutes.

Stevenage 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 2 games (2 in League Two), 0 goals

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 5 games (4 in League One/League Two), 0 goals

Ryan SessegnonHoffenheim

Sessegnon remains out injured, but is nearing a return.

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 16 games (11 in the Bundesliga), 2 goals (2 in the Bundesliga), 2 assists (2 in the Bundesliga)

Oliver SkippNorwich City

Subbed off with a minute to go, but another solid outing for Skippy.

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 32 games (30 in the Championship), 0 goals

Kazaiah SterlingGreenock Morton

Greenock Morton play Hearts on Saturday.

Greenock Morton 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 1 game (1 in the Scottish Championship), 0 goals

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 13 games (11 in League One/the Scottish Championship), 1 goal
(0 in League One/the Scottish Championship)

Shilow TraceyCambridge United

Cambridge’s next game is against Mansfield on Saturday.

Cambridge United 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 4 games (4 in League Two), 0 goals, 1 assist (1 in League Two)

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 16 games (12 in League One/League Two), 4 goals
(0 in League One/League Two), 1 assist (1 in League One/League Two)

Harvey WhitePortsmouth

Harvey White came on for another late substitute appearance in Portsmouth’s 3-1 loss to Bristol Rovers.

Portsmouth 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 6 games (6 in League One), 0 goals

Overall 2020/21 stats (all competitions): 8 games (6 in League One), 0 goals

Norwich beating Rotherham, some good play but no mentions from Skipp. Should be 5-0 their fans are saying

Ipswich 0-0 Oxford Utd

Is Parrot being played out of position? Sounds mediocre at best today according to Tractor Boys Forum

Last edited:
Seems a hell of a lot of potential in the youth teams of the top PL clubs. Wonder boys all over the place. I read somewhere that the England youth set up believe that the current 16-17 yr olds are as good if not better than the group who won the under 17 World Cup .
Foden. Sancho and Hudson Odoi werein that group.
Let’s hope Devine and Scarlett turn out like those.
Apparently Devine’s dad was a rugby league player. He’s a fair size already , when he fills out he will take some stopping.

No Devine. Do the U23s have a game or is there an outside chance he makes the WHU game bench? :rolleyes:
Should be on the Wolf game bench after missing out on the away game.

Next u23 game is on Friday 26th so the u23's are not the reason for not appearing in u18's - might be a minor injury :

No chance of Wolf as Devine does not fit the criteria for a List A or List B player as defined by uefa.

WHU bench warmer might be possible if not injured ? ?

Seems a hell of a lot of potential in the youth teams of the top PL clubs. Wonder boys all over the place. I read somewhere that the England youth set up believe that the current 16-17 yr olds are as good if not better than the group who won the under 17 World Cup .
Foden. Sancho and Hudson Odoi werein that group.
Let’s hope Devine and Scarlett turn out like those.
Apparently Devine’s dad was a rugby league player. He’s a fair size already , when he fills out he will take some stopping.

The footballers coming out from the top academies now are technically a huge step up from those coming out maybe 10 years ago, who in turn were a big step up from a decade before - seems to be the effect of better coaching all the way up from schools through to the academies - and given the u17's wining the u17 WC and runners up in u17 euros were about 4 years ago now, no complete surprise. But lets see how the current u16's do over the next year or two.

Devine's dad played for St Helens one of the top rugby league clubs,

Lets hope Devine and Scarlett continue their development and turn out as top players - one or two in that Spurs year group who probably are not too far off being regarded the same way by England youth coaches such as Jordan Hackett (LB/CB{) who often captains that E youth year group.

What a calamity the White loan has turned out to be.

Did well in preseason imo - admittedly against Championship sides, but he didn't look out of place with other Spurs players.

Given Lo Celso ongoing injury and lack of cover for Hobjerg, I'm a bit disappointed Mourhino didn't play him more in EL qualifying and group stages as I think he would have been an option, and then a loan next season with maybe 10 appearances under his belt this season.

And then no excuse for a Championship side not to play him

Back
Top Bottom