Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His strength was always in player development and coaching. Which was why he was so well liked as a youth coach and technical director if memory serves me right.

As you said, he wasn't a tactical imbecile but it was his weak point. Maybe combined with a bit of his ego getting ahead of him once he was head coach. If he is able to grow around/above that there is no reason that he cannot become a decent manager. And even if he can't he could still carve out a good career as an assistant/coach.

If he wanted to come back and work with our kids again to create a new Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Andros generation then why not?

I think he and Chris Ramsey made an excellent pairing - Ramsey I think was the football/coaching brains whilst Sherwood was very good at dealing with both kids (as a PL footballer who had played fir England an excellent role model) and parents and other coaches to arrange loans at the clubs.

All 19:00 kick offs.

ParrottIpswichStarts1
EyomaLincolnSub1
WhitePortsmouthStarts1
OkedinaCambridgeSub2
TraceyCambridgeStarts2
RolesStevenageNot in squad2
Fagan-WalcottDundee FCSubSC

Last edited:
Accrington are down to 10 men after captain Seamus Conneely brought down Ipswich’s Troy Parrott in the box in the 16th minute. Luckily for John Coleman’s side, James Norwood’s resulting penalty was saved.

Accrington are down to 10 men after captain Seamus Conneely brought down Ipswich’s Troy Parrott in the box in the 16th minute. Luckily for John Coleman’s side, James Norwood’s resulting penalty was saved.

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:09 pm

rossi wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:05 pm
Andym wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:02 pm
rossi wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:57 pm
well at least we're going in leading. Should be, too, against 10 men and a sub goalkeeper.

For me Toto, Wilson, Parrot, and Kenlock all did ok - the others need to ask serious questions of themselves
Until the sending off we just pumped long balls at a tall defence. Midfield bypassed and we aren't going to win high balls.

Against 10 men we seem to have more space and time to get the ball down.
I still think Parrott flatters to deceive, there never seems to be an end product.
wasnt it he who was hacked down for the penalty?
Yes it was Parrott who would almost definitely have scored. I think he's played well and made things happen

Parrott played 87 minutes
White played 90 minutes
Eyoma came on after 63 minutes, played 27 minutes
Tracey played 90 mins
Okedina unused sub
Walcott unused sub

I feel sorry for Eyoma, Lincoln brought in a former ManU youngster to train u as their permanent RB, relegating Eyoma to bench after being a mainstay of the side - but Lincoln now no longer winning and dropped to 3rd. Not sure of connection

Another game without a goal for Troy :(
It's odd because I've been quite impressed with his general play, and at L1 he normally looks one of the better athletes on the field. Wouldn't be losing all hope in him yet, though obviously the lack of goals would dent what I consider his peak potential to be.

Back
Top Bottom