Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's nice to see that even though they do train with the first team, the likes of Cirkin and Clarke are still getting valuable time actually playing football - this was one of my gripes with Pochettino and stopping talented youngsters from actually playing football.

It's nice to see that even though they do train with the first team, the likes of Cirkin and Clarke are still getting valuable time actually playing football - this was one of my gripes with Pochettino and stopping talented youngsters from actually playing football.

Not sure about this logic personally I was a decent road cyclist back in my early teens and certainly a level above anybody in my age group at my club , competing in my own age group was a waste of time and was always beneficial to compete at a higher level even when getting hammered regularly.

Not sure about this logic personally I was a decent road cyclist back in my early teens and certainly a level above anybody in my age group at my club , competing in my own age group was a waste of time and was always beneficial to compete at a higher level even when getting hammered regularly.

But they weren't and aren't competing at a higher level.

There's a difference between taking you out of your age group, putting you amongst a higher level and playing at that level consistently for a year and taking you out of that age group to do some training on a weekly basis with older and more experienced players but not actually playing competitively.

My point being - Pochettino stopped Skipp, Parrott, KWP, Onomah etc. at some point from playing football weekly and refused to send them out on loan because he thought their development was best treated training with the first team.

Mourinho on the other hand clearly believes his best youth talents should either be loaned out (Skipp, Parrott) to play football or at least playing some kind of football to continue their development instead of just training with the first team (Cirkin, White, Clarke).

I prefer Mourinhos line of thinking.

18 year olds can absolutely benefit from playing U23s football.

But they weren't and aren't competing at a higher level.

There's a difference between taking you out of your age group, putting you amongst a higher level and playing at that level consistently for a year and taking you out of that age group to do some training on a weekly basis with older and more experienced players but not actually playing competitively.

My point being - Pochettino stopped Skipp, Parrott, KWP, Onomah etc. at some point from playing football weekly and refused to send them out on loan because he thought their development was best treated training with the first team.

Mourinho on the other hand clearly believes his best youth talents should either be loaned out (Skipp, Parrott) to play football or at least playing some kind of football to continue their development instead of just training with the first team (Cirkin, White, Clarke).

I prefer Mourinhos line of thinking.

18 year olds can absolutely benefit from playing U23s football.

I don't agree that reserve football is beneficial to anyone who's likely to make it personally beyond a certain amount of games and would have liked KWP to be loaned sooner maybe but then again it's not really a one sized fits all situation.

I think Bayern Munich/ Real Madrid 2 situations are probably best overall but English football See's itself as too pure to implement such a idea in the football League.

Looks like we have signed Keenan Ferguson - described as 'Trialist' in pre-season matches and identified from pictures by Spurs youth enthusuasts. Plays RB/CB ex Sheffield United, fast, powerful and athletic with a decent amount of skill.

I blame WindyCOYS WindyCOYS for missing him out from tyhe squad list yesterday :D :D

Looks like we have signed Keenan Ferguson - described as 'Trialist' in pre-season matches and identified from pictures by Spurs youth enthusuasts. Plays RB/CB ex Sheffield United, fast, powerful and athletic with a decent amount of skill.

I blame WindyCOYS WindyCOYS for missing him out from tyhe squad list yesterday :D :D

So Ferguson starts at RB.

I see Cirkin and White are lining up for the U23s, so presumably neither will be on the bench tomorrow.

Also, under Poch, our first team squad youngsters, like KWP and Skipp, hardly ever played for the U23s, so that may be a change of philosophy under Mourinho.

EDIT: I see Jack Clarke is in that U23 side too.

Last edited:
Do any of our youth watchers know how Tracey gets picked ahead of Markanday, J'Neil Bennett and Rodel Richards?

I am guessing that both Tracey and Sterling were allowed to stay at Spurs (alll youth semed to have been given that option as covid stopped young players rom going on trial at other clubs) and they may be being games now to help them get loans or perm conbtracts at EFL clubs as although games not open to general public I'd guess scouts are in attendence.

Otherwise it makes no sense as Spurs must already know neither will make it at Spurs, and they are taking minutes away from youngsters that might, such as the 3 you mention.

Surprised Etete not involved - I assume injured ?

How many of these youngsters will have signed professional contracts?

Losing Noni Madueke before he signed a deal was a shocker, so I hope we've signed these players up before we start telling everyone about a potential golden generation.

Good question.

Most first year academy players will sign scholarship deals for 2 years, rather than pro contracts, usually pro contracts are signed either during 2nd year (for the best of the year group) with others at the end of the year.

Its usually only those players brought into the academy from other clubs (ie excluding those who might have joined Spurs as early as 6 - 10) who are given pro contracts when they legally can.......but Devine at just 16 is too young to have signed a pro contract, will be able to sign a pro contract at age 17 for a maximum of 2 years length and aged 18 for a longer term.

As an example Troy Parrott probably signed a scholarship deal with an agreeement he would sign a pro contract at aged 17 (which he did) and another at aged 18 (which he did).

So the short answer to your question is.....probably none !

How many of these youngsters will have signed professional contracts?
AFAIK all youths are contracted to 2021.
These are the exceptions based on the OS and the player's own twitter accounts.

Austin, Brandon2022
Bowden, Jamie Patrick2023
Cirkin, Dennis2022
Eyoma, Timothy Joel2023
Fagan-Walcott, Malachi2022
Parrott, Troy Daniel2023
Skinner, Aaron 2022
White, Harvey2023

Last edited:
Eyoma getting his 3rd successive start for Lincoln City today - he played a full 90 minutes in his first two. Probably playing RB.

Skipp gets his Norwich full debut in their first competitive match of the season.

Parrott still out injured so not in Millwall squad

Back
Top Bottom