Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs won 3-0

Such a tinpot club that one poor lad had to double up and play in two positions

MvZsnW0.png

Incidentally worth noting that Spurs seem to be getting a stream of good young goalscoring strikers - Parrott, Scarlett, Donley, and have would like to add Etete to that list between Parrott and Scarlett but he seems to have gone off the boil after a good 2nd half of last season after joining last sumer

Last edited:

After a self imposed twitter blackout, a match report coming out fairly quickly.

Line up possibly :

Lo-Tutala (c),
Cesay, Lusala, Muir, Hackett,
Matthew Craig, Devine (Cassanova 86)
Mundle (Mathurin 68), John (Michael Craig 88), Santiago.
Scarlett​

Substitutes (not used): Solberg, Kyezu.

Loan Update

Skipp and Eyoma complete 90 minutes each as Norwich draw and Lincoln win. Roles is an unused sub for Burton Albion. Parrott still injured at Millwall.

He's getting to be rather good.

Cost of not allowing any players to develop out of the academy (other than Winks) in 6 years and wondering why the top talents like Spurs u16 captain choose to go to a different club rather than join Spurs u18's

I’m expecting "The-Sancho-Story" to have something to do with it. It’s not just us losing our youngsters to foreign clubs.

TBH I haven’t really been too bothered about this in the past, but 2 of the recent departures are a little more disturbing; Luis Binks and Noni Madueke

Even though Binks have been a bit too aggressive at times and picked up some red cards he’s still a good defender. Good on him realizing that he’s already too good to be playing in the MLS and joining Bologna in the winter window.

Madueke wasn’t as gifted a footballer as Marcus Edwards was here, but I think he’s got a better chance of making it, solely because of a better physique

I’m expecting "The-Sancho-Story" to have something to do with it. It’s not just us losing our youngsters to foreign clubs.

TBH I haven’t really been too bothered about this in the past, but 2 of the recent departures are a little more disturbing; Luis Binks and Noni Madueke

Even though Binks have been a bit too aggressive at times and picked up some red cards he’s still a good defender. Good on him realizing that he’s already too good to be playing in the MLS and joining Bologna in the winter window.

Madueke wasn’t as gifted a footballer as Marcus Edwards was here, but I think he’s got a better chance of making it, solely because of a better physique

I think Boogna and Montreal owners are the same - so he may have gone to Montreal first partly to play mens football for 6 months (albeit not at a high standard) to avoid a high fee being asked off Bologna.

Binks would have been in contention for next CB after Tanganga to join first team squad I think - decent defender with Alderweireld like long balls from the back.

Mandueke might not be as gifted as Edwards, but he's not far short, and I think a more rounded player and person from the couple of videos I've seen of him, and so think he will go all the way with the right amount of luck which all players need - seems to be transferimg his knack of scoring goals and getting assists from youth football to first team which is always welcomed by coaches, and seems to have succeeded Bergwijn at PSV

Back
Top Bottom