Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I rather think they were brought in to make sure we can field a decent U23 team while a few of our genuine prospects will be going out on loan.

Still a real mystery to me as to the exact reasons Spurs have held trials and offered a year contract to tyhe three of them, and its partly that there are 2 who seem to be RB/CB and one LB/CB/DM, so I think it could be a bit of all of these reasons :

- Cover for prospects out on loan (Eyoma RB/CB at Lincoln for last 2 monts and rest of season, Cirkin to go on loan ?, Marsh DM/RB to go out on loan/sold etc )
- Injury of Walcott (CB) who might be out for 6 months or so
- General shortage of defenders in u23's/2nd year Academy (see page 1 of the thread - and reason for the Estonian CB joining u18's I suspect)
- Potential need to get CB and RB cover for first team (eg Aurier has 2 years left on contract, Alderweireld age so likely either 20/21 or 21/22 will be his last, 24 year old Sanchez still seems to need a more experienced partner at CB to avoid errors which is worrying at his age). So all of them have a year to impress at u21's and maybe some first team training to see if JM is impressed with any of them enough to extend their contracts.......maybe ? And if they impress but not enough, do we offer an extended contract to send then out on loan for a year....

I think any and all of those - particularly the first 3, but the last would be a nice bonus even though we already have Cirkin (LB/CB), Eyoma (RB/CB) who might have a slight edge of experience on the three bought in plus Okedina (RB/CB) seems to be thrivining on u23 football.

I see The Grauniad has highlighted Alfie Devine as the one to watch from the Spurs yootdem in their yearly Next Generation article...

vvhjKbB.png

Next Generation 2020: 20 of the best talents at Premier League clubs

That said, he's not a TrueDefensiveMidfielder™ so he can do one as far as I'm concerned

I have to say, with the likes of Cirkin, Lusala, Devine, Clarke, Tanganga, Gedson potentially, Skipp, Sessegnon, Etete, Parrott we have plenty in our youth set up for the next gen and what seems the one after that to know the club are shaping up very well based on either what I’ve seen or read about.

Eyoma's Lincoln City drop to 2nd in League 1 after this loss.

He's now played 11 times in succession for Lincoln (6 league matches, 3 matches in EFL cup and 2 League Cup), proving to be a good loan for him. Played at both RB and CB for Lincoln

Ryan assist for goal 2 then Skipp gets done in midfield and from the turnover they score.
Poor from Guehi for the goal, though. 2-1 FT.

Not great from Skipp. Haven't seen the game but gave a poor pass back to Ramsdale which forced Turkey's penalty, then dispossessed in midfield late in the game with Turkey scoring on the counter. Hopefully cleans it up in his next few games for club, like him as a player.

Not great from Skipp. Haven't seen the game but gave a poor pass back to Ramsdale which forced Turkey's penalty, then dispossessed in midfield late in the game with Turkey scoring on the counter. Hopefully cleans it up in his next few games for club, like him as a player.
Watched a lot of the game and Skipp was bossing it until he got booked. Then he started wimping out of challenges. He should have been subbed.

Watched a lot of the game and Skipp was bossing it until he got booked. Then he started wimping out of challenges. He should have been subbed.
On the plus side it indicates he's a selfless and intelligent footballer. Nothing more stupid than people saying "oh he should never have a got a second yellow for that one". Well he knew he was on a booking so what did he expect?

I'm happy to ignore post-booking, we've seen enough of him to know that he should make it in the PL, hopefully with us.

Back
Top Bottom