Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the plus side it indicates he's a selfless and intelligent footballer. Nothing more stupid than people saying "oh he should never have a got a second yellow for that one". Well he knew he was on a booking so what did he expect?

I'm happy to ignore post-booking, we've seen enough of him to know that he should make it in the PL, hopefully with us.

He absolutely will, I'm sure of it. He looks very powerful these days and this loan will do him the power of good. I think Mourinho has him pencilled in as rotation player next season.

Skipp was superb up until the booking. Unfortunately he as well as England had a very poor second half.
I was very impressed with the Leicester left back.

James Justin ? He's 22 and I'm sure the reason why Leicester sold Chilwell for £45m to Chelsea as they had a ready made replacement.

18 year old Dennis Cirkin is our big hope in that position, did ok in the 4 pre-season games except got caught out v Watford. Dilemma as to how to develop him - loan or in house. I'm hoping Mourhino keeps him in house and gives him chances in the 6 EL group games (12 on bench this season so easy to do) and probably then a loan in January with his EL performances giving EFL the confidence to take him on loan. Same with Harvey White who probably had a better preseason than Cirkin. Both can still learn a bit from u23 games until January as well.

Spurs were rumored to be keeping an eye on him at Southend (where Sterling on loan is replacing him), I guess we'll still be doing that with Kelman now playing at Championship level

Not great from Skipp. Haven't seen the game but gave a poor pass back to Ramsdale which forced Turkey's penalty, then dispossessed in midfield late in the game with Turkey scoring on the counter. Hopefully cleans it up in his next few games for club, like him as a player.

Skipp was fine in first half, in 2nd half Boothroyd seemed to change tactics by pushing Bellingham further forward leaving Skipp as the 'one' CM and isolated on the counter attack, so nobody near him to pass it to and gave it away a few times.

As others have said, England played poorly in 2nd half, and I suspect that's at least partly down to Boothroyd's tactics

Wanky article in the Grauniad about how wonderful manure's youth system is.

All I took from it is that they are constantly poaching other clubs' academies for high potential players who then rarely get a first team chance. The latest is the two 18-year-olds they've just bought for £30 million combined plus huge add on clauses.

That's not a wonderful youth policy. Rather it represents desperate cheque book thieving revealing a near total failure to develop either their own youngsters or those they've stolen.

The article include the following:

Omari Forson was a 15-year-old signed from Tottenham in July 2019 for a compensation fee of about £80,000.

Teenage kicks: how youth is driving Manchester United's transfer policy

Loan Round up :

Skipp plays 80 minutes in Norwich win (lucky to escape serious injury from an awful studs-up tackle on 70 mins, hope not injured )

Eyoma played 90 mins in a 0-0 draw.

Sterling played 90 minutes in a 2-0 loss

Roles, Tracey and Oluwayemi stayed on bench

Edit :
Ryan Sessegnon comes off bench after 79 mins for his Hoffenheim debut - lost 1-0 to Dortmund

Last edited:
Spurs u23's away to Everton u23's tonight @ 7pm - Everton usually have a strong u23 side out including 2 or 3 overage players.

Picking an u23 team is not easy atm
- goalkeeper could be any one of Whiteman, Austin or De Bie
- defenders probably 4 from Ferguson, Lavinier, Okedina (c), Lyons-Foster, Cirkin, Omole with possibly over age Georgiou as over age LB
- central midfield probably from White and either Thorpe or Pedder or Skinner (assuming Bowden still injured)
- attacking midfield probably 3 from Clarke, Markanday, Georgiou, Richards, Pochettino, Bennett, or Cooper
- Striker will be either Richards or Etete.

Assuming none of the academy players are selected to add to an over large development squad.

COYS

EktCzy1X0AU3y8P

Finished 0-0. Austin made a couple of good saves according to twitter.

Spurs: Austin, Lavinier, Cirkin, White, Okedina (c), Lyons-Foster, Markanday, Thorpe (Omole 74), Etete, Richards (Bennett 80), Georgiou.

Substitutes (not used): Kurylowicz, Pochettino, Mukendi.

And this is probably the line up :
Austin,
Lavinier, Okedina (c), Lyons-Foster, Cirkin,
White, Thorpe (Omole 74),
Richards (Bennett 80), Markanday Georgiou.
Etete
This probably rules out either White or Cirkin being on the 12 man bench on Thursday v LASK in EL

Back
Top Bottom