Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First start for Omole who joined our u21's from Woolwich in summer. Still no sign of Ferguson which is a mystery. Good to see Bowden back from injury and making the bench.

Whiteman, Cirkin, White and Clarke start with Austin on the bench - not sure if that has implications for their involvement in EL on Thursday, you could argue playing today gives match fitness after a couple of weeks without playing

Otherwise the side much as expected

Match kicks off at 17.00 and on ManU TV, so its possible to watch.

I've heard good things about Etete

He was looking very good from about November (after joining last summer) through to March when lockdown happened, but u23 season didn't resume and Etete didn't play much in preseason or the start of this season (with Sterling who is about 3 years older preferred). Might have taken a bit of time to get back into the groove as this is I think his first goal of the season.

If he has got back to where he was between last November and March that would be great news as a tall (6 foot 4 ins ?) well built lad with good feet who could be a decent striker - originally when he arrived from Notts County I assumed he was just brought in to cover for Parrott but I think he's actually a genuine alternative. Which is potentially great news

Worth remembering how good Yedlin looked in that league in fairness.

True but Yedlin has held now played over 100 matches for Newcastle in PL.

Its all but impossible to know how good a young player can be as the margins between a championship player, a mid table Pl player and an elite PL player are not easy to see in youngsters.

Whilst I was always certain that Kane would be a PL player (versus one poster on SC who vowed he'd only be a decent Championship player) I never saw him becoming the elite player he now is, I was just hoping he'd be a good level PL player able to be at least a rotation player for us.

Whilst the numbers coming through the academy mean its unlikely that even one a year is good enough to stay at Spurs throughout their career, even the ones that don't stay in Spurs first team go on to have good careers elsewhere - as did Townsend, Mason, Bentaleb, Carroll, Veljkovic, and a number of others who were brought into first team contention pre-Poch but were sold after he joined netting circa £100m which was used to buy more established players - so they have certainly contributed to Spurs success both as acting as squad players for us and then with a very useful boost to transfer funds (even if those funds were not very well used),

And I suspect Binks could at least have made the squad player grade, but beyond that its impossible to know atm, But even a career as a squad player and a useful transfer fee helps rather than just leaving due to lack of a first team pathway.

True but Yedlin has held now played over 100 matches for Newcastle in PL.

Its all but impossible to know how good a young player can be as the margins between a championship player, a mid table Pl player and an elite PL player are not easy to see in youngsters.

Whilst I was always certain that Kane would be a PL player (versus one poster on SC who vowed he'd only be a decent Championship player) I never saw him becoming the elite player he now is, I was just hoping he'd be a good level PL player able to be at least a rotation player for us.

Whilst the numbers coming through the academy mean its unlikely that even one a year is good enough to stay at Spurs throughout their career, even the ones that don't stay in Spurs first team go on to have good careers elsewhere - as did Townsend, Mason, Bentaleb, Carroll, Veljkovic, and a number of others who were brought into first team contention pre-Poch but were sold after he joined netting circa £100m which was used to buy more established players - so they have certainly contributed to Spurs success both as acting as squad players for us and then with a very useful boost to transfer funds (even if those funds were not very well used),

And I suspect Binks could at least have made the squad player grade, but beyond that its impossible to know atm, But even a career as a squad player and a useful transfer fee helps rather than just leaving due to lack of a first team pathway.
We need a button on the site to register a strong "agree".

Oh well. Agree x 100 then

Back
Top Bottom