Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can anyone put Scarlett’s scoring at the u18 level this season into context of past prospects? Seems to be among the most prolific I can remember.

Can anyone put Scarlett’s scoring at the u18 level this season into context of past prospects? Seems to be among the most prolific I can remember.

This is Scarlett's first year in the academy and playing u18's, injured for quite a lot of last season. So he's making a very big impression in a relatively small number of games.

But already possibly the most prolific since Kane coming through Spurs youth, or going to be when judged by end of this season or next when he comes to end of his 2 year scholarship !

Last edited:

Troy Parrott scored 17 goals in 15 games for us across 2 seasons.
Reo Griffiths scored 27 goals in 20 games for us in 2017/2018
Harry Kane scored 18 goals in 22 games back in 2009/2010

I don't think anyone has really ever came close to those three.

Scarlett currently has 13 goals in 10 games for the U18s. It's far too easy for him. He'll be moved up to the U23s with Devine.

Griffiths left us in 2018. He hasn't got a wiki page. Turned 20 yo in June.
Says he is contracted to Lyon until 2022.
Says no club and shows no 1st team apps since 2017.

Griffiths left us in 2018. He hasn't got a wiki page. Turned 20 yo in June.
Says he is contracted to Lyon until 2022.
Says no club and shows no 1st team apps since 2017.

Has had injury problems and been very stop start for him.

Scored 6 in 8 starts this season though.

Scored 6 in 12 starts last season.

and 3 goals in 3 starts the previous year.

I always put his unbelievable 30 goal season for our youth team down to him just being physically stronger and bigger than everyone else though. As I believe when he stepped up to U23 level etc where players were bigger and stronger, he wasn't AS clinical.

I think the same of the likes of Dominic Solanke, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas etc who were all pretty great at youth level but also physically stronger than most.

Troy Parrott scored 17 goals in 15 games for us across 2 seasons.
Reo Griffiths scored 27 goals in 20 games for us in 2017/2018
Harry Kane scored 18 goals in 22 games back in 2009/2010

I don't think anyone has really ever came close to those three.

Scarlett currently has 13 goals in 10 games for the U18s. It's far too easy for him. He'll be moved up to the U23s with Devine.

Cheers mate, that’s exactly what I was looking for and is in line with my memory.

We all know how it is with youth players, even the most promising ones only make it to the first team a fraction of the time. So it’s really nice to have both Parrott and Scarlett as proverbial lottery tickets to potentially back up and then replace Kane in the long term.

After 16 consecutive starts playing all 90 minutes, TJ Eyoma didn't start for a couple of games staying on bench which worried me. Started again today with this assessment :

TJ Eyoma: Returned to the starting line-up and didn’t put a foot wrong. So composed for such a young player. 8/10

Rochdale 0-2 Lincoln City recap and reaction: Jones and Montsma fire Imps to win - Lincolnshire Live

Whatever caused him to miss games, normal service resumed hopefully with a 2-0 win today moving Lincoln to 2 points behind league 1 leaders. Haven't given up hope the CB/RB will get back to his form before he got the 'train but don't play' treatment which lost him almost 2 seasons, but it will be tough to get his place back on fringes of first team. Still only aged 20 though.

Parrott on 58 mins.

He ain't getting any service, Millwall play one of the worst football i've ever seen and he's not even starting for them. We should terminate his loan and found a better club or let him play for the u-23.
Actually think it'll end up being a decent loan for him. They're clearly managing his minutes after the injury but given what I've seen from their attacking players he'll feature heavily for them this season. If he can score 6/7 goals in a Burnley-lite side it'll be a great step for him to a better loan next year.

Our former youth goalie Oscar Jansson (2007-2012 in our youth ranks and out on loan). Is nominated for goalkeeper of the season in the Swedish top flight. Having had a career high season between the sticks for Örebro.

Not so much a youth anymore at 29 but I found no better thread for this.

Our former youth goalie Oscar Jansson (2007-2012 in our youth ranks and out on loan). Is nominated for goalkeeper of the season in the Swedish top flight. Having had a career high season between the sticks for Örebro.

Not so much a youth anymore at 29 but I found no better thread for this.

Strange career at Spurs - was the main goalkeeper in pre-season one season playing about 6 matches (including about half being 'top' european teams) letting in only a couple of goals, but never played in the Spurs first team in a competitive match nor had any long term loans (longest I think circa 3 months) in lower leagues.

Signing up our star youngsters early this year !

Jamie Donley - prolific striker scored for fun in u18 pre-season whilst Dane Scarlett played for first team. Has since made several u18 appearances and scored. E u16 and before that NI u15

Alfie Dorrington - E u15 regular captain, Centre Back.

Luka Gunter - E u15 goalkeeper

There's a few others who could be offered a contract if we are signing up youngsters early to avoid them being 'pinched' - players such as McKnight, Bryan-Waugh, Priesold, Bloxham, Riley

Back
Top Bottom