Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Twitter is a fucking cess pit. So called Spurs fans digging out our kids. I really really wish they would fuck off and support Liverpool or Man City.
Shit like that happens all the time, people just love to moan. He's 16 and put in a hard tackle. He'll learn and go from there.

Can't imagine getting on a 16 year old playing an U23 match.

Shit like that happens all the time, people just love to moan. He's 16 and put in a hard tackle. He'll learn and go from there.

Can't imagine getting on a 16 year old playing an U23 match.
That was our best moment in the second half, and never a red, got only the ball.

tackle aside, Devine's decision making in the final third needs some work. That great control and run should have at least ended with a shot on target.

Burnnett is a twat. So much fucking shouting. Yap yap yap. Let the boys think and read the game a little.

Burnnett is a twat. So much fucking shouting. Yap yap yap. Let the boys think and read the game a little.
My thoughts too - the worst was after Okedina gave away a pen, was head in hands, and Burnett was on and on at him about how to make a tackle, like the kid hadn't just learnt a hard lesson. I really hate this micro-management style.

My thoughts too - the worst was after Okedina gave away a pen, was head in hands, and Burnett was on and on at him about how to make a tackle, like the kid hadn't just learnt a hard lesson. I really hate this micro-management style.
Such a fucking sunday league attitude. If a manager is competent he'll largely have his style drilled into his players.

A few shouts is fine, but if you're constantly trying to manage every pass, you didn't train them well enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I could see older, stronger Chelsea players lasted the pace better over 90 minutes. In the first 45 minutes our boys more than held their own.
Nothing to be concerned about there, as our lads grow and mature they will get stronger.

Such a fucking sunday league attitude. If a manager is competent he'll largely have his style drilled into his players.

A few shouts is fine, but if you're constantly trying to manage every pass, you didn't train them well enough.
Antonio Conte does this all the time. Arteta never shuts up.
Unfortunately for the players, the lack of fans mean they cannot say they cannot hear.
It must wind players up, especially the best ones, with the coach constantly pointing and shouting where to pass the ball.
Surprised Burnett is still there after the reshuffle.
I remember that Clive Allen was very similar when he was here.

No shame in losing to Chelsea - have had the best academy for near enough a decade now. Especially considering we had a bunch of 16 year olds in our team.

Back
Top Bottom