Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Onomah isn't registered in their Premier League squad.

Though I do wonder now he's back from injury whether or not they register him. Parker loves him and he was getting games in the league before injury.
As I said, he will have to impress to get in it. They have too many players. 2 or 3 had to be left out of the squad. He was left out as he had an injury and was going to be out for a few weeks.
Watching him it just looks like he has so much more to give but he sometimes lets the game pass him by and wanders about at times.

As I said, he will have to impress to get in it. They have too many players. 2 or 3 had to be left out of the squad. He was left out as he had an injury and was going to be out for a few weeks.
Watching him it just looks like he has so much more to give but he sometimes lets the game pass him by and wanders about at times.

I reckon they'll put him back in and remove Le Marchand.

Really happy for Tsaroulla.

Was highly rated before his car crash. Nice to see him score and help Crawley through to the next round of the FA Cup.

Not so long ago Scarlett was our youngest ever player. Things are looking quite nice with Skipp, Tangana, Devine, Scarlett, White, and possibly still more to come from parrott and Clarke.

Really happy for Tsaroulla.

Was highly rated before his car crash. Nice to see him score and help Crawley through to the next round of the FA Cup.

Crawley's FA Cup hero Nick Tsaroulla's 'dark and difficult time'​

By Betty Glover and Tracy Ollerenshaw
Newsbeat reporters

"The darkest days of pain came out as it went in."
Footballer Nick Tsaroulla explains how he felt as he scored his first ever senior professional goal to help League Two side Crawley Town stun the Premier League's Leeds in the FA Cup third round.
A dream come true for any player - but especially for Nick, 21, after a car crash in 2017 left him badly injured with doctors saying he may never play again.
This was just his seventh match in professional football.
Following the FA Cup win he celebrated with his family: "Everyone was just crying, they'd all shared my pain. It was a special moment for us," he tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.
The winger shocked Marcelo Bielsa's side by opening the scoring after 50 minutes, spinning past Jamie Shackleton, bursting into the box and hitting a powerful shot low into the far corner.
He says his life and all the pain he'd suffered flashed before him in that goalscoring moment.

_116435246_getty_goal2.jpg

In July 2017 he'd been due to play his first pre-season friendly after being signed by Tottenham Hotspur, but a car crash left him in excruciating pain.
For months doctors tried to work out what it was: "It was like neuropathic pain in my abdominal area. And it was very difficult to figure out."
"And then after that, it just sort of affected the whole nervous system."
He was then let go by Spurs whose academy he'd been with since he was a boy.

_116435244_nick_boy.jpg

"I went in for a meeting - I've never felt something like that.
"[It was] such a horrible day. I remember lying down crying my eyes out and thinking, 'One day I want to prove everyone wrong.'"
What followed were sleepless nights because of the pain. Running for even just a few minutes left Nick in agony.
He remembers it as a "dark and difficult time."
"I felt like I had a superpower that had got taken away from me."

_116435243_instagram_physio_ash.jpg

Doctors didn't know if the pain would ever go away and 10 months after the crash he spent a year with a sports injury rehabilitation clinic.
Nick tells us it was about finding that "inner strength".
"I thought, 'These are the cards I've been dealt with, how am I going to react to it? Am I just going to give up? Let the car crash define me and be the boy that could've made it?'"
That's what motivated him: "I want to walk away from the game when I say so, not when something like this happens.
"I'd been playing football from being six years old - it was all I ever wanted to do - so having it taken away from me was very, very hard to deal with.
"That's why I just feel very blessed to be able to be on the football pitch and doing what I love doing."
In his post-match BBC Sport interview, Nick was almost in tears.
That moment got a huge reaction online.

"I thought I was going to get bantered for it," he admits.
"It's nice I can show emotion in football and people can react to it positively and if it inspires one person I'm more than happy with that."
He says he can now look back and gain strength from what happened.
"If there's just one kid out there who's going through something similar - please don't give up.
"You don't know what's in store keep going, keep plugging away, keep trying."

Funny how he Lennon skipped over mentioning that eyoma scored an og. I appreciate the effort he puts into following the youth. But I don't value his opinion as much as I should.

Lennon is very positive about most of the youth players which means its difficult sometimes to know which of the players have serious potential, and those who are likely to b released. Sadly,

Lincoln City 1-1 Peterborough United report and reaction: Imps held by 10-man Posh after Grant penalty miss - Lincolnshire Live

In this case the own goal seems to be the Lincoln keeper cleared a shot by bouncing the ball off Eyoma's back and thence into the net. So not Eyoma's fault at all.

Newsbeat reporters

Footballer Nick Tsaroulla explains how he felt as he scored his first ever senior professional goal to help League Two side Crawley Town stun the Premier League's Leeds in the FA Cup third round.
A dream come true for any player - but especially for Nick, 21, after a car crash in 2017 left him badly injured with doctors saying he may never play again.
Following the FA Cup win he celebrated with his family: "Everyone was just crying, they'd all shared my pain. It was a special moment for us," he tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.
The winger shocked Marcelo Bielsa's side by opening the scoring after 50 minutes, spinning past Jamie Shackleton, bursting into the box and hitting a powerful shot low into the far corner.
He says his life and all the pain he'd suffered flashed before him in that goalscoring moment.

In July 2017 he'd been due to play his first pre-season friendly after being signed by Tottenham Hotspur, but a car crash left him in excruciating pain.
For months doctors tried to work out what it was: "It was like neuropathic pain in my abdominal area. And it was very difficult to figure out."

_116435244_nick_boy.jpg

"[It was] such a horrible day. I remember lying down crying my eyes out and thinking, 'One day I want to prove everyone wrong.'"
What followed were sleepless nights because of the pain. Running for even just a few minutes left Nick in agony.

Doctors didn't know if the pain would ever go away and 10 months after the crash he spent a year with a sports injury rehabilitation clinic.
"I thought, 'These are the cards I've been dealt with, how am I going to react to it? Am I just going to give up? Let the car crash define me and be the boy that could've made it?'"
That's what motivated him: "I want to walk away from the game when I say so, not when something like this happens.
"I'd been playing football from being six years old - it was all I ever wanted to do - so having it taken away from me was very, very hard to deal with.
"That's why I just feel very blessed to be able to be on the football pitch and doing what I love doing."

"It's nice I can show emotion in football and people can react to it positively and if it inspires one person I'm more than happy with that."
"If there's just one kid out there who's going through something similar - please don't give up.

Really pleased for him.

Was a very skillful and talented full back who looked as if he had the potential to catch the first team managers eye with that 1 in 3 or 4 chance of going further before the car crash.

A long route back from the crash, and delighted to see him playing football at a professional standard ........and what a goal !

Worth a recap on the 8 loanees, now that Jack Roles, Kaziah Sterling and Joshua Oluwayemi have returned to Spurs :

Troy Parrott (Striker) - Millwall
Oliver Skipp (DM) - Norwich City
Ryan Sessegnon (LB/LW) - Hoffenheim
Juan Foyth (CB.RB/DM ?) - Villareal
Cameron Carter-Vickers (CB) - Bournemouth
Timothy (TJ) Eyoma (RB/CB) - Lincoln City
Jubril Okedina (RB/CB) - Cambridge City
Shilow Tracey ( fwd?) - Shrewsbury Town

Newsbeat reporters

_116435244_nick_boy.jpg

And the Guardian article:

Not so long ago Scarlett was our youngest ever player. Things are looking quite nice with Skipp, Tangana, Devine, Scarlett, White, and possibly still more to come from parrott and Clarke.

Currently have the following all under 21 in our ranks:

Austin, Sessegnon, Cirkin, Tanganga, Malachi-Walcott, White, Skipp, Devine, Clarke, Scarlett, Parrott

All either played for the first team or made the bench.. plenty of quality there to help us with our HG quotas and hopefully more in the future.

Currently have the following all under 21 in our ranks:

Austin, Sessegnon, Cirkin, Tanganga, Malachi-Walcott, White, Skipp, Devine, Clarke, Scarlett, Parrott

All either played for the first team or made the bench.. plenty of quality there to help us with our HG quotas and hopefully more in the future.

And the list (adding a couple missed) shows many positions in a team have a youngster potentially ready to step up on a more regular basis:

GK Austin, Whiteman
RB/CB Eyoma (on loan at Lincoln City) (& Okedina made pre-season bench - now loan at Cambridge)
CB - Fagan Walcott
LB - Cirkin
CM - White
CM - Devine
DM - Skipp (loan at Norwich)
AM - Clarke
Striker 1 - Parrott loan at Millwall
Striker 2 - Scarlett

And add Sessegnon (LB/LW) to the list who is doing well on loan at Hoffenheim.

Back
Top Bottom