Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Parrott and Tracey also starting.

Eyoma and Okedina on the bench for their clubs. Roles not even in the Stevenage squad.
Was really hoping Roles would continue his performances no matter where he went. Clearly has that sense on how to be where you need to be in order to score and get involved, but other physical aspects do seem to be lacking.

Cor Harvey, that's (a) really (good) free (kick).

White has always had that in him, just a question of him producing that on a regular basis - he was an AM in u16's and moved back to CM and last season got 3 goals and 3 assists in 13 u23 matches (ie goal or assist every other match) a number from free kicks, and this season 3 goals and 7 assists in 11 matches for u23's.

Useful if we could get that goal scoring form in first team central midfield player

Last edited:
Sorry lads, this might be an unpopular thing to say, but:

I really do respect Sherwood. He seems far more intelligent and more sensible than most top coaches, managers and pundits out there. I would love to have him back at Spurs.
Well I'm unpopular then too.

Thought he did a v good job rescuing the season after the disaster of AVB and let's buy a whole team of bods who've only seen the PL on telly so that'll work well won't it.

I don't care that he's a twat. He got a tune out of players who were completely out of sorts or not even in the squad. No mug tactically either. First guy at Spurs to play Walker as a RWB when he subbed on Naughton v Swans I think and pushed KW further up the pitch. Smart, worked well.

Madueke has been informed that he can apparently apply for Dutch citizenship and represent the Netherlands at international level.

Interesting to see if he goes through with it.

Well I'm unpopular then too.

Thought he did a v good job rescuing the season after the disaster of AVB and let's buy a whole team of bods who've only seen the PL on telly so that'll work well won't it.

I don't care that he's a twat. He got a tune out of players who were completely out of sorts or not even in the squad. No mug tactically either. First guy at Spurs to play Walker as a RWB when he subbed on Naughton v Swans I think and pushed KW further up the pitch. Smart, worked well.
His strength was always in player development and coaching. Which was why he was so well liked as a youth coach and technical director if memory serves me right.

As you said, he wasn't a tactical imbecile but it was his weak point. Maybe combined with a bit of his ego getting ahead of him once he was head coach. If he is able to grow around/above that there is no reason that he cannot become a decent manager. And even if he can't he could still carve out a good career as an assistant/coach.

If he wanted to come back and work with our kids again to create a new Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Andros generation then why not?

Back
Top Bottom