Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

McNeill on for Sess 54 min.
Only watched a few mins but Mad seems a very stylish player who works hard as well.
Guehi impressing again.
Skipp loses the ball in midfield and Port score from the break.

Last edited:
Naughty from Godfrey. Kick in the face looked deliberate but only yellow.
Don't like the continental style numbers on England strips today. 4 looks like a 9 and other numbers are confusing to me as well.
Port have a pen. 2-0.
Think I'll abandon this game. None of our guys are looking good.

Last edited:
Naughty from Godfrey. Kick in the face looked deliberate but only yellow.
Don't like the continental style numbers on England strips today. 4 looks like a 9 and other numbers are confusing to me as well.
Port have a pen. 2-0.
Think I'll abandon this game. None of our guys are looking good.

Given that its now well over 3 hours since E u21's scored from open play, despite a great set of players, I'd put this on the coach

People were calling for his head 3 years ago due to poor performances, really do not understand why he's not been moved on

Sessegnon played as LW at Fulham but if you look at that period the only reason he scored was being in right place at right time - too many were tap ins.

Much more effective at LB/LWB, which is where Hoffenheim have played him mostly this season - and where he will play for Spurs.

Spurs (and England) have far better options as LW or left sided forward. Just another sign that Boothroyd is out of his depth

Last edited:
Be honest chaps. Nothing against Sessegnon but he looks so timid when playing. Doesn’t seem to believe in himself . Mourinho won’t want him if he doesn’t improve a lot. I know he has been injured and Boothroyd is out if his depth, but he hasn’t really been first choice in the Bundesliga either.
Another loan next season I would imagine.

FA Youth Cup (Spurs u18's) being streamed !

Wednesday evening - FA Youth Cup Wimbledon v Spurs being streamed !

31 March (6.00 pm kick-off). Wimbledon streaming the Spurs match live on their You Tube channel. @AFCWAcademy

No surprises - other than same thing has been said before.

Just an awful track record as E u21 manager
There has never been more young talent being produced in the English League as in the past few years. For obvious reasons - clubs can make and save fortunes on selling and not having to buy.

And all this coincides with an absolutely shocking record under Hoofroyd. There are probably people on this board who could do a better job.

How did Noni play btw?

Well if you find it impossible maybe it's time for you and the FA to come to "a mutual decision".

What a great motivational speech for the lads, eh? "This job's impossible. Utterly."

Give Hoddle 3 days with those guys and he'd get them to semis at least. Not that he'd be interested.

Hoofroyd in charge of the U21's:

Managed Watford, Northampton, Colchester, Coventry - Oooohh!!!!!

Gareth the Plank in charge of the National Team:

Managed - gasp - 'Boro.

And got them relegated.

Missed that penalty. Never practised them.

Career high point - Pizza Advert.

Well done the fucking Blue Blazers

There has never been more young talent being produced in the English League as in the past few years. For obvious reasons - clubs can make and save fortunes on selling and not having to buy.

And all this coincides with an absolutely shocking record under Hoofroyd. There are probably people on this board who could do a better job.

How did Noni play btw?

Think its difficult to give the attacking players a realistic review when E u21's have not had a shot on target in over 3 hours of playing time (''cough'' manager).

But if you compared him to his far more experienced E u21 starting forward team mates 21 year old Nkeitah and 20 year old Smith - Rowe who have both made double digit appearances for Woolwich first team (Nkeitah 38 appearances) as well as on loans (eg Championship Huddersfield, Leeds), I' d suggest Madueke has done at least as well.

And Madueke is aged 18 (2 or 3 years youngser than most) making his debut. So if he continues to develop as he has (and at PSV he is still mainly a sub this season) then every chance he'll end up as a very good player - Dortmund rumoured to be lining him up if anyone buys Sancho off them which gives an indication that he looks an excellent prospect

Ex-prospect Thomas Pekhart (who I thought was unlucky with injuries) has been doing a Harry impression in the
Polish Ekstraklasa. 19 in 19. Including 4 quite recently there.

One of those players who I thought might just develop into a good player for us - but was injured with us and many of clubs he's played with since, but has scored goals in varying numbers wherever he's been (except Spurs first team - mainly as he never played !)

Aged 31 now, so too late to return ?

Back
Top Bottom