Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Missed all the goals last night so just watching them again. Just realised that they must be using the fixed camera that is used on ifollow for the efl clubs. It just focuses on the ball. Consequently when the ball goes out of sight as in high upin the air it suddenly sweeps round and looks at a ball on the sidelines. Never showed our celebrations because the ball was back on the centre spot.
There was a story that during an efl game the ball went out of sight and the camera started following the linesman who had a bald head
Begs the question..why can we not use this system if little Wimbledon can. If the game is at White Hart Lane cannot see why not.

Kion Etete in 3rd= place in u21's

Dane Scarlett in 2nd place in u18's

I remember feeling a bit despondent about 3 seasons ago when striker Reo Griffiths (Eu17) and a high scorer at youth levels decided to move to Lyon at aged about 17 or 18, given we've had very few decent striking prospects in recent years - probably Jon Obika or Shaq Coulthirst being the best of them.

But we now seem to have 4 decent prospects in Kion Etete (the oldest at age 19) who's got a decent goal and assist record in u23's this season, Troy Parrott (just 19) who has struggled to score on loans this season but a full Republic of Ireland international, whilst E u17 Dane Scarlett has been knocking them in for Spurs u18's after a decent pre-season with first team and 3 first team appearances (one goal), this season, whilst E u16 Jamie Donley had a good pre-season with u18's in Scarlett's absence, has had a few appearances and goals for u18's but seemed to step up a notch with 2 goals and an assist in his 45 minutes in the FA Youth Cup match v Wimbledon.

Might we get Harry Kane's successor (or even more than one) from the Spurs youth ranks ? We can but wait and hope !

Kind of.

In fairness Everton have a good youth setup.
Man City can't use their financial clout in youth football so they aren't as good as you expect.

Everton will be a tough game for us if we get through.

Not quite true, after mopping up in Manchester, London's a clear favourite hunting ground for ManCity too - best illustrated by them taking Jadon Sancho off Watford aged 15 for £500k.

Man City and Chelsea both pay far higher salaries than any other academy and generally have the better youngsters although until Lampard started to play Chelsea's youngsters they tended to waste them, and equally only Sancho realising the future was far better for him outside ManCity allowed him to get the level he now is - although ManCity made it hard for him by refusing to sell him to any other English club, hence him going to Dortmund.

I remember feeling a bit despondent about 3 seasons ago when striker Reo Griffiths (Eu17) and a high scorer at youth levels decided to move to Lyon at aged about 17 or 18,
He's scored 6 in 16 this season for Lyon B team, according to wiki, have no idea whether that's a good performance or not. One goal every just better than 3 games, could be good? Then again he might have scored 2 hat tricks against appalling teams down to 10 men.

Have to say I'm a lot less bothered about Reo G than, for instance Noni M. As you state in that post, we seem to have the best clutch of young strikers coming through that I can ever remember. Might genuinely have been the best decision for him to move abroad, seeing the competition that he'd be facing at Spurs.

Wish him well, just don't start scoring hat tricks every time for the first team, there's a good lad

He's scored 6 in 16 this season for Lyon B team, according to wiki, have no idea whether that's a good performance or not. One goal every just better than 3 games, could be good? Then again he might have scored 2 hat tricks against appalling teams down to 10 men.

Have to say I'm a lot less bothered about Reo G than, for instance Noni M. As you state in that post, we seem to have the best clutch of young strikers coming through that I can ever remember. Might genuinely have been the best decision for him to move abroad, seeing the competition that he'd be facing at Spurs.

Wish him well, just don't start scoring hat tricks every time for the first team, there's a good lad
No worries about Reo G at all now, much better prospects at Spurs now.

Noni M is a huge loss - particularly as I don't think we have many other top class wide AM's coming through.

Our list of best AM prospects is probably Jack Roles (now 22 and probably never going to make it now), Dilan Markanday (possibly too short/lightweight ?), J'Neil Lloyd Bennett (seems to have struggled this year with injury and playing u23's), Romain Mundle, Tarrelle Whitaker, Roshaun Mathurin.

I had great hopes for J'Neil Lloyd Bennett, but worried after this season, so Roshaun Mathurin might be our best hope ?

Almost certainly our weakest position I think

Back
Top Bottom