Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aggregate 13-0 for u23's this preseason from 3 wins out of 3 games.

Really means that the games have not been very testing for them - although good for preseason fitness. Real shame there were not a couple of League 1 or League 2 games included as the lads need loans to those kind of clubs (or higher) - so what better way to introduce the lads to a couple of clubs ?

Not going to do a match review as I don't know all the players by name but will give a few thoughts.

The evening was really good and had a really nice atmosphere. The locals were out in force (crowd 1421) and were in a party mood.

It was all very relaxed even the ball boys we're playing football on the side of the pitch as the game was in progress. At one point the ball went off and a Spurs player had to go and take a ball off a couple of kids having a kickabout on the sidelines. Mourinho would not have been impressed.

Never had to queue once for the toilet and we picked our match seats based on the gaps in the pigeon shit on the wooden benches. Very hard on the behind.

As for the match, as expected the Spurs lads were faster and quicker of thought than Hastings. It was very comfortable and should probably have been 5-0 to Spurs.

Hastings put in plenty of effort but we're never really at the races. As they tired there were some cynical fouls on the Spurs boys, probably through tiredness rather than malice I hope. Sure a couple would have been red carded in a normal game.

Cesay and Devine stood out. Etete is 8'7" tall (or looks it). Hard to make judgement on the overall performance based on the opposition but we were very professional and didn't react once to some industrial tackles.

All in all though, a really good night out. Good to see loads of kids, teenagers/young adults and families in attendance. Hastings fans made a good noise as well. Very enjoyable.

Not going to do a match review as I don't know all the players by name but will give a few thoughts.

The evening was really good and had a really nice atmosphere. The locals were out in force (crowd 1421) and were in a party mood.

It was all very relaxed even the ball boys we're playing football on the side of the pitch as the game was in progress. At one point the ball went off and a Spurs player had to go and take a ball off a couple of kids having a kickabout on the sidelines. Mourinho would not have been impressed.

Never had to queue once for the toilet and we picked our match seats based on the gaps in the pigeon shit on the wooden benches. Very hard on the behind.

As for the match, as expected the Spurs lads were faster and quicker of thought than Hastings. It was very comfortable and should probably have been 5-0 to Spurs.

Hastings put in plenty of effort but we're never really at the races. As they tired there were some cynical fouls on the Spurs boys, probably through tiredness rather than malice I hope. Sure a couple would have been red carded in a normal game.

Cesay and Devine stood out. Etete is 8'7" tall (or looks it). Hard to make judgement on the overall performance based on the opposition but we were very professional and didn't react once to some industrial tackles.

All in all though, a really good night out. Good to see loads of kids, teenagers/young adults and families in attendance. Hastings fans made a good noise as well. Very enjoyable.

I was in half a mind to go as the ground is 10mins from me, decided against it after a long day at work. Wish I'd gone now, would have said hello.

On a side note, Hastings Utd have led their division twice in a row before COVID ended the season, so certainly no slouches at their respective level, their star striker recently signed for league side Crawley too which is going to be a big loss for them. It just shows the vast gap between an academy team of the PL and mens football in the (almost) conference south level.

I was in half a mind to go as the ground is 10mins from me, decided against it after a long day at work. Wish I'd gone now, would have said hello.

On a side note, Hastings Utd have led their division twice in a row before COVID ended the season, so certainly no slouches at their respective level, their star striker recently signed for league side Crawley too which is going to be a big loss for them. It just shows the vast gap between an academy team of the PL and mens football in the (almost) conference south level.

Was a good night. Shame you couldn't make it.

Thanks for that entertaining report. I was pretty impressed with Cesay in the games v O and C but Devine not so much.
Probably a good idea to give Alfie 90 minutes and pleased he did well.

Thanks for that entertaining report. I was pretty impressed with Cesay in the games v O and C but Devine not so much.
Probably a good idea to give Alfie 90 minutes and pleased he did well.

I'm surprised we couldn't find a player on trial to play in the game called Harry - so as to get the title on the match report of 'Harold gets his revenge at Hastings'

I'll get my coat ........

Team v Hastings

Lo-Tutala (Oluwayemi 46), Cesay, Lavinier, Lyons-Foster (Kyezu 61), Muir (Michael Craig 46), Okedina (c) (Muir 78), Markanday (Mundle 46), Bowden, Robson (Etete 46), Devine, Pedder (Santiago 46).

Cesay, Lavinier Devine and Bowden playing the full 90 minutes, rest played less - perhaps first 4 named are more fit ?

Last edited:
Team v Hastings

Lo-Tutala (Oluwayemi 46), Cesay, Lavinier, Lyons-Foster (Kyezu 61), Muir (Michael Craig 46), Okedina (c) (Muir 78), Markanday (Mundle 46), Bowden, Robson (Etete 46), Devine, Pedder (Santiago 46).

Cesay, Lavinier Devine and Bowden playing the full 90 minutes, rest played less - perhaps first 4 named are more fit ?
Markanday off at HT...maybe he will feature tonight?

Markanday off at HT...maybe he will feature tonight?
I'd like to see Markanday get a chance with the 1st team.

Maybe he can play the "Bryan Gil impact sub running against tired defenders" role, since by all accounts Markanday is a tricky & clever player.

Whiteman great saves, Tanganga made some great clearances. CCV solid.
Skipp excellent. John was adequate but got a bit lost at times.
MFW a bit up and down the other guys not much but a great cross from Parrott.

First team squad numbers for Spurs youngsters seem to be same as last season, so may change, but numbers seen so far include ;

38 CCV
39 Parrott
41 Whiteman
42 Paskotsi
43 Fagan Walcott
44 Omole
47 Clarke
48 White
53 Scarlett
57 John

Contracts until 2022

Surprised Cesay hadn't had a pro contract before.

Pedder bad injury aged about 16, hardly played in academy and only started to play (mainly as a sub) 2nd half of last season, whilst Kurlowicz is a decent GK but has hardly played at Spurs due the number of other youngsters.

No news of Mukundi - wonder if he has left

Back
Top Bottom