Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oluwayemi, Paskotsi, Cesay (Cirkin 65), Michael Craig (Matthew Craig 65), Muir (Lavinier 65), Okedina (c), Mundle (Pedder 75), Bowden (Robson 65), Devine, Markanday, Santiago (Bennett 65).
Substitutes (not used): Lo-Tutala, Kyezu.

Good to see Dennis Cirkin get his first minutes of pre-season, albeit off bench.

I'm really surprised that Etete was in Open Training rather than leading the line for u21's as I'm sure not having a focal point for u21's attack wil have affected them.

Small consolation is that Wham u21's had same scoreline last week too

Oluwayemi, Paskotsi, Cesay (Cirkin 65), Michael Craig (Matthew Craig 65), Muir (Lavinier 65), Okedina (c), Mundle (Pedder 75), Bowden (Robson 65), Devine, Markanday, Santiago (Bennett 65).
Substitutes (not used): Lo-Tutala, Kyezu.

Good to see Dennis Cirkin get his first minutes of pre-season, albeit off bench.

I'm really surprised that Etete was in Open Training rather than leading the line for u21's as I'm sure not having a focal point for u21's attack will have affected them.

Small consolation is that Wham u21's had same scoreline last week too
Yes.
I went to the game and Devine played as a 9 and did not enjoy it. Despite not having much poss CTFC were in total control of the game.
They could have scored a hatful. Cross after cross came in and their guy got to it.
Our goal came because their GK bottled a challenge with Alf who did well to cross the ball to Johny on the spot to score. Our sparse chances all came from defensive errors. We did not create much all game.
I lost count of the backwards passes by Pask who was done a good few times by their winger. Mundle was visibly frustrated that Pask did not pass to him as he had the beating of their FB.
Perversely the only exciting bits in the game came from Pask bombing down the wing in their half. Nothing came of the moves but he is swift.
No player had a good game IMO.
But to be positive a couple of great long balls by Bowden (who was great for 20 mins then faded) to Santiago who is very skilful on the ball. Mick Craig decent. Markanday nothing special today
Muir was not good, Cesay looked nervous, Okedina was a curate's egg, Mundle was a poser, Devine looked a bit better when he dropped back to midfield but he wasn't much cop either.
Bennett looked OK but our coach was screaming at him for fannying about.
Pedder had a good run. Didn't notice Robson.
Cirkin has a man's body rather than Cesay who is a beanpole. He was better then Cesay but he wasn't great either.
Very disappointing. The result I don't care about but I was expecting at least one of our guys to be stand out and the truth is none of them were.

Funny points from the game:
Alfie's barnet and that bit of knicker elastic he has tied round his dome. It started raining in the second half and he pulled his hair backwards to reveal an oblong bit of white on his forehead that has not seen the sun since forever.
And the CTFC ball boys are all about 3 years old. Hilarious to see one of them wearing a shirt 3 sizes too big for him pass the ball better than our players.

Yes.
I went to the game and Devine played as a 9 and did not enjoy it. Despite not having much poss CTFC were in total control of the game.
They could have scored a hatful. Cross after cross came in and their guy got to it.
Our goal came because their GK bottled a challenge with Alf who did well to cross the ball to Johny on the spot to score. Our sparse chances all came from defensive errors. We did not create much all game.
I lost count of the backwards passes by Pask who was done a good few times by their winger. Mundle was visibly frustrated that Pask did not pass to him as he had the beating of their FB.
Perversely the only exciting bits in the game came from Pask bombing down the wing in their half. Nothing came of the moves but he is swift.
No player had a good game IMO.
But to be positive a couple of great long balls by Bowden (who was great for 20 mins then faded) to Santiago who is very skilful on the ball. Mick Craig decent. Markanday nothing special today
Muir was not good, Cesay looked nervous, Okedina was a curate's egg, Mundle was a poser, Devine looked a bit better when he dropped back to midfield but he wasn't much cop either.
Bennett looked OK but our coach was screaming at him for fannying about.
Pedder had a good run. Didn't notice Robson.
Cirkin has a man's body rather than Cesay who is a beanpole. He was better then Cesay but he wasn't great either.
Very disappointing. The result I don't care about but I was expecting at least one of our guys to be stand out and the truth is none of them were.

Would you say Devine looked heavy in his frame? Think he should be moulded more towards DM rather than up top.

I forgot to mention their coach/manager. He was your typical angry/aggressive middle aged stocky guy with the whistling and the shouting. He also had a pop at the linesman.
LOL.

Funny points from the game:
Alfie's barnet and that bit of knicker elastic he has tied round his dome. It started raining in the second half and he pulled his hair backwards to reveal an oblong bit of white on his forehead that has not seen the sun since forever.
And the CTFC ball boys are all about 3 years old. Hilarious to see one of them wearing a shirt 3 sizes too big for him pass the ball better than our players.

Apparently Alfie had an accident as a kid and has a bald patch from it, hence why his hairstyles sometimes look a bit odd, as he attempts to cover it up.

Classy tweet, and confirmation he's on his way back to Spurs

Made 5 appearances for Orlando City to add to the 14 appearances he made for Viborg last season.

Last edited:

Classy tweet, and confirmation he's on his way back to Spurs

Made 5 appearances for Orlando City to add to the 14 appearances he made for Viborg last season.

I expect Nuno will have a look at him. Of course he is an ex-GK himself.
All of our GK's contracts expire next year so likely Whiteman and Austin will be offered new contracts and at least one will get an English (?) loan.

Last edited:
Wonder if we should get in touch with Derby and help them out by sending some lads up there seeing they need players.

They need players for the season, not made any transfers
What's the rule about how many players can be loaned to one club from another?

Not sure tbh, just seen the MK Don's manger has left and gone to Swansea so another great move for parrot :nunofacepalm:

Wonder if we should get in touch with Derby and help them out by sending some lads up there seeing they need players.

If Derby need players I would hope that they have approached Spurs to ask who might be available to fill the positions where they have vacancies - and watched some of the first team preseason games (which have involved a lot of our youngsters) and u21 games.

I would think Spurs want to send about a dozen youngsters out on loan - some will not be at Championship level yet, but for example TJ Eyoma (CB/RB) and Harvey White (DM/CM) have both played at League 1 level and look to have the ability to step up to the Championship next season, and there will be others who might appeal to a watching Derby coach. .

54.4.1 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan;

54.4.2 No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30 June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season; and

Back
Top Bottom