Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dante Casanova on trial at Derby County u18's, played as a triallist yesterday.

No great surprise, as although he played for E u15's he's not continued to develop and is behind our other CM options. I'd expect Khalon Haysman, another CM who played E u15 and Oliver Turner a defender to also leave during the remainder of this season or be released at 30 June 2022 from our Academy Year 2 year group.

Dante Casanova on trial at Derby County u18's, played as a triallist yesterday.

No great surprise, as although he played for E u15's he's not continued to develop and is behind our other CM options. I'd expect Khalon Haysman, another CM who played E u15 and Oliver Turner a defender to also leave during the remainder of this season or be released at 30 June 2022 from our Academy Year 2 year group.
Always a shame when a yoot flops but even more so with that name.
All the fun the fans and the media could have had with it.

Always a shame when a yoot flops but even more so with that name.
All the fun the fans and the media could have had with it.

True, but 99% of kids joining an academy will not play professional football (or some % like that) and we like most other clubs will shed half a years intake by not awarding them a pro contract and we (like most PL clubs) will struggle to get one or (at most) two players from a year group into first team squad.

All the kids in the academy have done better than over 95% of kids starting off pre puberty just getting to this stage, but still a way to go for all the year group

Last youth match until February, similar to first team with Spurs u23's away at Everton at 19.00 on Monday in PL 2.

Wonder if we'll see either triallist who is training with u21's.

Last youth match until February, similar to first team with Spurs u23's away at Everton at 19.00 on Monday in PL 2.

Wonder if we'll see either triallist who is training with u21's.

With Omole and Cesay receiving red cards in the fracas at the end, we will see 2 different defenders this evening to last time out

First start of the season for Lusala at RB after missing first half through injury. Also good to see Robson on bench again out injured for first half of season.

Lavinier plays LB who got red card last match, with Muir also coming in at CB - still no start for Paskotsi who has been on bench for both u23's and first team in previous matches but not played, so really don't understand his position.

Bowden plays for u23's for first time after his loan to Oldham ended, Scarlett with another start for u23's which is good as he's not getting first team minutes on the pitch.

U18's Sayers and Williams on the bench.

A number of the team should be looking at loans for 2nd half of the season. No Nile John tonight, maybe he's on trial before a loan ?

First start of the season for Lusala at RB after missing first half through injury. Also good to see Robson on bench again out injured for first half of season.

Lavinier plays LB who got red card last match, with Muir also coming in at CB - still no start for Paskotsi who has been on bench for both u23's and first team in previous matches but not played, so really don't understand his position.

Bowden plays for u23's for first time after his loan to Oldham ended, Scarlett with another start for u23's which is good as he's not getting first team minutes on the pitch.

U18's Sayers and Williams on the bench.

A number of the team should be looking at loans for 2nd half of the season

Been watching bits and pieces of the game and the usual suspects are our better players.
Devine, who looked a bit scrawny when I saw him at Crawley, has filled out.
A loan for him?

Been watching bits and pieces of the game and the usual suspects are our better players.
Devine, who looked a bit scrawny when I saw him at Crawley, has filled out.
A loan for him?

I like Devine but think he might be too young for a loan - became 17 in August 2021 - same with Scarlett.

But given our CM options I'd quite like Conte to involve whoever of White/Bowden/John/Devine is now out on loan. White is the obvious choice this season as shown by his appearances on first team bench, and Bowden might not be that far behind him - but Devine likely to have that honour next season if not loaned out then, but might get a turn late in the season.

True, but 99% of kids joining an academy will not play professional football (or some % like that) and we like most other clubs will shed half a years intake by not awarding them a pro contract and we (like most PL clubs) will struggle to get one or (at most) two players from a year group into first team squad.

All the kids in the academy have done better than over 95% of kids starting off pre puberty just getting to this stage, but still a way to go for all the year group

Do you do any coaching? Or just involved in a football club in some level?
You have a pretty balanced viewpoint for this place.

Was just wondering the other day how many people on here are actively involved in football either professional or semi professional.

(Or if we have a lot of armchair experts / enthusiasts! Which is fair enough)

Am I right in thinking these more 'senior' youth players are being kept at the moment until the club know what's happening with first team transfers?

Held back for now in the worst-case where the squad isn't improved in the window and some of the unwanted senior players are let go, players like White/Bowden to fill in for squad depth.

Am I right in thinking these more 'senior' youth players are being kept at the moment until the club know what's happening with first team transfers?

Held back for now in the worst-case where the squad isn't improved in the window and some of the unwanted senior players are let go, players like White/Bowden to fill in for squad depth.
White and Scarlett played last night and they've both been on the 1st team bench in recent games, as has Paskotski.
Bowden is not a contender IMO. Outside bet would be John.
Muir did OK last night but TBH I'll be amazed if any Academy players get more than token minutes this season, so my fingers are crossed our better hopes get loans.
It's a big surprise to me that we haven't got at least 4 out already.

Do you do any coaching? Or just involved in a football club in some level?
You have a pretty balanced viewpoint for this place.

Was just wondering the other day how many people on here are actively involved in football either professional or semi professional.

(Or if we have a lot of armchair experts / enthusiasts! Which is fair enough)

No claim to such fame.

Just another armchair expert applying experience from other different types of businesses and societies to Spurs youth.

There's a few on TFC who have come through academies which gives them a little understanding of the youth coaching process but not sure they understand the strategy/management side from that experience.

Jack Clarke medical at Sunderland as of now according to L Rose.
Judging by last night’s effort at Everton he might as well stay there. Contract ends in the summer so won’t be back. We might get some sort of fee as he is just 21.
Not judging him on last night alone but John from Lily Rose has been criticising his displays all season. A punt from Daniel that didn’t work. If I remember correctly th3 fee was around 7m when we bought him. Amusing how it has been quoted at 10m by many thus season and even got to 13m in one newspaper last week.
Is this another connection to Paul Bracewell after Dennis Cirkin left. Kai Sterling also went up there.

Back
Top Bottom