Spurs Youth 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I right in thinking there has been a change in rule which says that players over 21 cannot play in u21's ?

If so that might well affect Nile John and Max Robson ?
I've not heard that and it's certainly not been the case this season. Unless it's changing next season, I think it's still max 5 overage outfield players and you can also have an over-age keeper. Nile John is 2003 born so still u21 for both Prem and UEFA but Max Robson will likely count as overage if he's kept with the u21s. Robson should probably be another one we're looking to find a permanent home for elsewhere.

Am I right in thinking there has been a change in rule which says that players over 21 cannot play in u21's ?

If so that might well affect Nile John and Max Robson ?

Agree we will/could loan out a few more than we did last season, but its not that many, maybe 6 more such as Gunter, Dorrington, Donley, Lankshear, Santiago, Soonsup-Bell, but we'd still be left with a pretty large u21 squad which include some who wouldn't get much game time.
John becomes 21 next season as do these others:

DOBCONTRACT TO
Craig, Matthew16/04/20032026
John, Nile06/03/20032025
Keeley, Josh17/05/20032024?
De Santiago, Yago (Alonso)15/04/20032025

I've not heard that and it's certainly not been the case this season. Unless it's changing next season, I think it's still max 5 overage outfield players and you can also have an over-age keeper. Nile John is 2003 born so still u21 for both Prem and UEFA but Max Robson will likely count as overage if he's kept with the u21s. Robson should probably be another one we're looking to find a permanent home for elsewhere.

Players in the competition cannot be older than 21.

I think they did away with the overage player categories (although BLF played !)

Maybe they agreed not to enforce these rules in 23/24 as too many clubs had over age players, ?

Players in the competition cannot be older than 21.

I think they did away with the overage player categories (although BLF played !)

Maybe they agreed not to enforce these rules in 23/24 as too many clubs had over age players, ?
yeah Huddlestone played for United u21s this year too

Back
Top Bottom