Spurs Youth Players - Where are they now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're not the only one, there was a time when O'Hara looked like he was going to be a star, I really don't know / remember what happened. He just kind of fizzled out didn't he?

You're not the only one, there was a time when O'Hara looked like he was going to be a star, I really don't know / remember what happened. He just kind of fizzled out didn't he?
He was very, very technical and gifted, but he made a decision that in the PL it was more important to be fit and strong than gifted, and concentrated on that side of his game. Perhaps he went too far and lost the technique?
He also fell heavily for some reality star/tit model who went through the team at WHL first adn went off and married it, probably had a bearing.

I was impressed with Cameron's Cameo ( Word up) & I hope that he gets given another shot . Such a shame about that injury

He was very, very technical and gifted, but he made a decision that in the PL it was more important to be fit and strong than gifted, and concentrated on that side of his game. Perhaps he went too far and lost the technique?
He also fell heavily for some reality star/tit model who went through the team at WHL first adn went off and married it, probably had a bearing.

Think the injuries must have had something to do with it too.

I remember a game, must have been the 2007/08 season where he played at full back against Man U. Was really impressed with him in that one and thought he could go on to be a big player for us at the time.

Fantastic post! I too was gutted about Button leaving, was sure at one point that he could become our homegrown #1. I'd also like to nominate Calum Butcher, who saw some European bench time in 2009, for the list- he's had a pretty bizarre career, playing for a year in Denmark and then Hayes and Yeading before getting a contract with Dundee this season. Was moderately interested in his development with us before Caulker came along and blew everyone else away.

Fantastic post! I too was gutted about Button leaving, was sure at one point that he could become our homegrown #1. I'd also like to nominate Calum Butcher, who saw some European bench time in 2009, for the list- he's had a pretty bizarre career, playing for a year in Denmark and then Hayes and Yeading before getting a contract with Dundee this season. Was moderately interested in his development with us before Caulker came along and blew everyone else away.
To be fair, Butcher and Caulker played alongside each other and a lot of people thought that Butcher was the talent. Shame really.

To be fair, Butcher and Caulker played alongside each other and a lot of people thought that Butcher was the talent. Shame really.

Yeah, I definitely thought he might be for a spell. He's still fairly young though, a good long spell starting and performing in the SPL might get his career back on track again.

Yeah, I definitely thought he might be for a spell. He's still fairly young though, a good long spell starting and performing in the SPL might get his career back on track again.

Which Dundee has he signed for? FC or United? Also the SPL has been rebranded. It's now the Scottish Premiership. But don't worry, the standard of football is still shite.

Ben Bowditch, another highly rated by people who like to unearth talent within our youth ranks just to say they spotted them first.

I believe he may have just signed on with Potters Bar Town.

Great stuff, @ zin zin !

FYI Stewart has been an unused substitute once (vs PAOK), and Coulthirst was on the bench a few times.

Your comment about the transfer fee for Caulker proving a point is one I agree with. We're at a level where developing players for our first team is going to be exceptionally difficult, but if we develop one a season that is sold for a seven figure fee, the Academy will likely pay for itself. And let's face it, we're easily maaging that. Answering a couple of questions on this subject in my update this week, so listen out for it.

Back
Top Bottom