Spursy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sickening comment anyone throwing a word around like that is vile.

Would you say that to someones face in real life?

Disgusting now, never thought someone would turn to using that word because of a difference in footballing opinions.
I would say it to your weeb fuck face in real life. 100%

Sickening comment anyone throwing a word around like that is vile.

Would you say that to someones face in real life?

Disgusting now, never thought someone would turn to using that word because of a difference in footballing opinions.
Let's be clear its the Avatar not the opinion the poster commented on and I agree 100% with him...call it a vibe. I'd never put anything on the Internet id not say in person.

Let's be clear its the Avatar not the opinion the poster commented on and I agree 100% with him...call it a vibe. I'd never put anything on the Internet id not say in person.
A cartoon avatar is enough to call someone a pedophile, seriously what is wrong with you?

This is seriously low I hope you don't talk to people like that in real life, just awful.

Yeah this was basically what I was getting at when it comes to the big games we freeze up.

Why do we keep falling at the last hurdle then?

Well I think it's because we're caught in a negative feedback loop. If you bottle it 5 times in a row the 6th time becomes inevitable.

My really controversial point is that I think this has been baked into the club now after happening so many times and I'm really fearful its impacting even our best players in the grudge matches (see Kane).

If Jose can banish the bottle then he really will be a legend at this club.

I can't disagree with your sentiment here, we have been playing brilliantly this season and the mentality has definitely improved but that "final hurdle" moment is something that does seem to be baked in to us as a club at this point and removing that will be, imo, Mourinhos biggest challenge.

It doesn't help that these players watch what is being said in the media all the time, they have TV sets in the rooms where they eat food etc normally always playing fucking sky sports so they are hearing those opinions of us being bottlers all the time etc, can't be helping.

However, the thread is kneejerk.

Yep people tend to make assumptions based on all kind of irrational gut inferences. Its an evolutionary hang over welcome to planet earth...how the fuck old are you?
You haven't made a single argument against my original thesis not a single point.

It's obvious your not here for a debate or disscussion your just here to moan, so why waste your time?

I can't disagree with your sentiment here, we have been playing brilliantly this season and the mentality has definitely improved but that "final hurdle" moment is something that does seem to be baked in to us as a club at this point and removing that will be, imo, Mourinhos biggest challenge.

It doesn't help that these players watch what is being said in the media all the time, they have TV sets in the rooms where they eat food etc normally always playing fucking sky sports so they are hearing those opinions of us being bottlers all the time etc, can't be helping.
Yeah the media loves to create a narrative around specific clubs, I just wish we'd stop giving them the ammunition to do it.

Although i'd imagine they'd have a go at both Jose and the club regardless I guess.

Before the brutal run of games starting with Man City, most people seemed to agree that if we were somewhere still within touching distance of the top after those games, that would be a good sign that we could be contenders this season. 3 points from top with Leicester and Wolves still to go, and now its Spursy this Spursy that? Please.

The ones calling us Spursy now, wouldve done so after any loss during this run and are probably annoyed they had to wait this long. Had we lost to Man City, Chelsea, Woolwich, it would've been seee! typical spursy shite! When you're still competing for a top spot, every game is the next biggest game: if rivals drop points, a chance to narrow the gap or go ahead; if rivals don't drop points, just to keep up. And guess what? we're going to drop more points. Doesnt mean every time we do, it's 'spursy', jfc get a grip.

Ah the internet hard man has logged on.

You know if you see a thread you don't like just don't click on it, all your doing is making yourself mad which is no loss to me, but I will admit it's pretty funny.
I'm just not scared of saying things to dweebs like you.
Fuck off back to your Pokemon cards and Woolwich forums.

Back
Top Bottom