Stadium for our conference league home matches

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where should home ties be played at??

• Total voters
This £Billion stadium was built for Uefa Champions League, it was built to watch mighty Spurs against the Real Madrid of this world, not some goat herders from Steppe. It would be a fucking pisstake to use this stadium for that joke of a competition.

Home matches for this peasant competition should either be played at Hotspur Way or The Hive Stadium which is used by Spurs Ladies.

The u23/reserve team under Ryan Mason should be the team for this competition.

What are your suggestions lads and lasses?

Last edited:
I really don't get the hate for this competition.

The teams aren't close to as bad as people want to make it out to be and it is a good chance for us to get young players key minutes.

If we make the changes that most hope we do we will want games to give young players a chance and to evaluate them.

For example, it would be great to have these games playing Rodon-Tanganga together as a CB pair, get them minutes together and see how they work as a pair against Qarabag rather than Salah-Mane and LIverpool.

Get a chance to play Sessegnon at LB so he can work out kinks against Feyernoord and not City.

Lets hold it at new White Hart Lane, pack the stadium full of fans that might not get the chance to go to the more expensive games. create a fun atmosphere and have some fun. There is such a lack of excitement and fun around this team for two years why not enjoy some midweek football in games in which we should dominate and watch some young kids get a run out.

The teams aren't close to as bad as people want to make it out to be and it is a good chance for us to get young players key minutes.

If we make the changes that most hope we do we will want games to give young players a chance and to evaluate them.

For example, it would be great to have these games playing Rodon-Tanganga together as a CB pair, get them minutes together and see how they work as a pair against Qarabag rather than Salah-Mane and LIverpool.

Get a chance to play Sessegnon at LB so he can work out kinks against Feyernoord and not City.

Lets hold it at new White Hart Lane, pack the stadium full of fans that might not get the chance to go to the more expensive games. create a fun atmosphere and have some fun. There is such a lack of excitement and fun around this team for two years why not enjoy some midweek football in games in which we should dominate and watch some young kids get a run out.

I agree, id like to just enjoy the ride and hope that we try to win the thing.

I think the hate isn't so much hate as that fact that if we don't win, what happens to the confidence of the players? Does "we can't even win a 3rd tier shit competition, how can we win anything!?" set in?

Thank you for this.Wonderful post.

413V0J78A7L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

That's the book on my nightstand at the moment. I'm sure most of you have read it, if you haven't, fix that immediately.

It's about the Tottenham Hotspur of legend, the romantic notion of Spurs we all love, and the figures who made this club what it is, the thing we're all so proud of and desperate to see succeed.

Pictured there on the front cover is the tin-pot new trophy cynically cooked up by UEFA as a third tier competition, then in its very first season. One of the great nights in our history.

The point of the game is not to climb the Deloitte Money League, not to gain the respect of Sky Sports pundits, it's to compete, and lift trophies, and if you wouldn't take joy and pride in winning this competition that's your own problem, you've lost the plot.

Last edited:
I think the hate isn't so much hate as that fact that if we don't win, what happens to the confidence of the players? Does "we can't even win a 3rd tier shit competition, how can we win anything!?" set in?

I don't think it will affect the players that much. I think fans care about that kind of things much more than players do.

Main stadium. £10 ticket prices to get the stadium packed, play our young players and fringe players to blood them. Treat it as a bit of fun, don’t play our first 11.

Imagine Gżira United's little faces if they get to walk out at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.

Wonderful for the rest of the competition.
We are dragging the tournaments prestige right up.

Or an away day to FK RFS
9243782_M7N2aNs9tlkmoA19d_LrQFmim2XlgqpLI71A7NUd3Ss.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be an odd way to look at things. Should we just not enter any competitions in case we don't win them? Just fold the club.

Back
Top Bottom