Stadia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which stadiums are your favourite ones?

My favourite foreign stadiums:

La Bombonera (The Chocolate Box), extremely steep stadium in Argentina. The home of the famous Boca Juniors, the former club of Maradona:

Estadio Alberto J. Armando - World of Stadiums

Estadio Azteca, the huge stadium in Mexico City which hosted two World Cup finals:

Estadio Azteca - World of Stadiums

The home of Borussia Dortmund, with "The Yellow Wall", the impressive standing section:

Signal Iduna Park - World of Stadiums

Before the advent of all seater stadiums (which I appreciate have now been around for many years) football grounds all had their unique charms and quirks .The sight of the Holte End , Stretford End, Kop, Shelf in full flow was a magical sight which could easily give you goosebumps.Then you had some wonderfully quirky grounds like Derby County’s Baseball Ground and Coventry City’s Highfield Road.
Nowadays all the major stadiums (including ours) are a shadow of their former selves when it comes to atmosphere and most of the new build stadiums (Leicester, Bolton,Derby,Coventry (Ricoh)Sunderland etc) all look exactly the same and lack character.
At least our new stadium is an architectural masterpiece and very pleasing on the eye but I and many others would go back to the raucous bear pit that was an all standing Shelf in a heartbeat.

Been to the San Siro a few times - massive presence

Seems to be in a very poor state lately - talks for demolitions. Hope they save it

Currently for retaining a proper feel it's Goodison. Looks beautiful when full. So much character. Will be gutted when it's gone, even though their new place looks decent.

Grosvenor Vale, home of the mighty Wealdstone.

wealdstone.jpg

If we're not speaking solely about football stadiums, then I have to say I really enjoyed my visit to the Boston Red Sox - Fenway Park. Apparently the oldest baseball grounds in the US? I loved it - I'm not sure what exactly made me love it, but I thought it was fab - despite the seating being small and old by modern standards.

Football-wise - the San Siro is a class ground although, as ArcspacE ArcspacE says, a bit run down (although not as run down as that pile of shit in Manchester - theatre of rodents).

On a biased note, I think the Millennium Stadium is a fantastic stadium - location wise got to be one of the most convenient stadiums to access on the planet, not really a bad seat in the house, and reasonably spaced out.

In terms of insides our stadium is by far the best I have ever seen. We have the Champions League of stadiums just not the trophies.

Sam Siro is a great stadium but old and needs updating. In Australia the ANZ stadium was good, didn’t mind lambeau field in America. Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is currently the best I have seen maybe someone else will one day build something better but it is so well put together.

If we're not speaking solely about football stadiums, then I have to say I really enjoyed my visit to the Boston Red Sox - Fenway Park. Apparently the oldest baseball grounds in the US? I loved it - I'm not sure what exactly made me love it, but I thought it was fab - despite the seating being small and old by modern standards.

Football-wise - the San Siro is a class ground although, as ArcspacE ArcspacE says, a bit run down (although not as run down as that pile of shit in Manchester - theatre of rodents).

On a biased note, I think the Millennium Stadium is a fantastic stadium - location wise got to be one of the most convenient stadiums to access on the planet, not really a bad seat in the house, and reasonably spaced out.
Was disappointed with the San siro, a place I always wanted to watch a football match and it was nice looking from the outside but a shit hole once in (bit similar in Barca).
Bernabeu is my favorite other than ours, the atmosphere@ Dortmund probably the best (mental staring @ the yellow wall when you walk in).

Been to the San Siro a few times - massive presence

Seems to be in a very poor state lately - talks for demolitions. Hope they save it
Yeah, they are demolishing it. The clubs wanted it retained in some way but the city are going to pull it down to build on top of the site.

Hopefully the clubs can move some elements into the new ground like how we reassembled some of the old interior walls in the new stadium.

Been to San siro a few times, it's still a great stadium but is showing its age. I think the latest plans were for the San siro is for it to be built on the horse and cart racing arena next to the current stadium and them demolish San siro, either way there is plenty of land around it.

Been to San memes in Bilbao, much like many other new stadiums, but unlike English stadiums the fans abroad still turn up and generate a noise. Spurs missed a massive opportunity with the south stand by not getting this right for vocal supporters to have dominance in this stand, easy to remedy though.

I loved Camp Nou personally(and everything else in Barcelona) , bernabeu is very good but not great imv

Went to Braga once that's a funny little stadium

I was lucky enough to do a tour of the camp nou a couple of years ago. Could do with a touch up, as do a lot of stadia, but very impressive nonetheless! The football museum in it was superb, imo, and very interesting.

Fenway is awesome. As a Cubs fan of course I am loyal to Wrigley Field which has its own unique charms, but Fenway is the sports venue that most feels like stepping back in time, IMO.

Not many modern stadiums that I like as they all lack the character and intimacy of older grounds. I’m biased but Lewes FC is a good non league one. Exeter has the largest terrace left in the football league. Fulham is probably my favourite of the PL grounds as it has a nice blend of old and new.

Not many modern stadiums that I like as they all lack the character and intimacy of older grounds. I’m biased but Lewes FC is a good non league one. Exeter has the largest terrace left in the football league. Fulham is probably my favourite of the PL grounds as it has a nice blend of old and new.

I have been to Lewes many times. Great little ground.

Back
Top Bottom