Staggered if we beat Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not one metric says we beat Newcatle.

To say it's typical that we are the first team to play what is effectively now the richest club in the world might seem self-defeating or fateful but it is hard to dismiss.

The Newcastje players might be undone by pressure but I suspect Bruce will be sacked before we play them and they will give the performance of their lives

Oh well at least we can answer the quiz question.

And before people say they are sh!t look at our history of such matches.

Santo needs to be preparing the right words well in advance but attack in this game will be the best form of defence. No doubt.

As it stands we have a better team than them , so I don’t think I would be staggered if we beat them . No doubt their players will now be busting a gut to try and perform to get new contracts , to stay at the club , as they will all be well aware where the club will be in a few seasons time .
Let’s just get the win as I think in a few seasons time they will be looking down at us . We need to make the most of it

Every metric shows they're a team who deserve to be 19th. In fairness plenty of other metrics show we're not all that much better, especially going forward.

But seriously, no special team talk should be necessary. They're relegation fodder who have maybe 2 players of note. If we have to build this up as a big game then we're truly lost, all they have is a load of money they haven't spent yet.

I expect them to be up for it but take the sting out of them early and get through it ffs.

We are pretty poor most weeks but Newcastle until they have a few transfer windows are a Championship side. We have to put them to the sword before the next few games which will be much tougher. Not winning against them followed a poor result against West Ham and Nuno will be out of the door.

2-1 to Spurs.

They’re total shit but Saint Maximin does have a bit of magic about him. You could see this being one of those games where we have a bunch of toothless possession only to suddenly find ourselves down 1-0 without enough time or hold of the game to do anything about it.

But we should win. As charged up as the Newcastle fans will be, the players all know they’ve just been made redundant.

Yes but what a on the field my man.
They'll be reduced to making woeful, primeval, guttural noises that sound like an early morning fanny fart in an Armitage Shanks as their defence collapses and it dawns on them that Project World Domination is going to take a few years.

Newcastle are wankers. Romantic bullshit of scouse / Sellic proportions without anything to back it up. Shit overrated town full of bright orange women. Seeing them actively celebrate being MBS’s plaything shows what pitiful lowlife they are. Filthy northern scum. Fuck off.

0-4 Sonny hat trick and Gil with a worldie.

Again, fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom