Staggered if we beat Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every game against Newcastle is like an audition for the opposing players.

Kane and Ndombele ready to jump on that casting couch for the Oil Barons

I laughed because it was funny
But seriously this is legit angle and we might get a goal each today

Those Geordie players know they wont be there for long, why would they bust a gut when they wont be wanted.
They will do their best I presume but they are not going to play like Barca because they have new slave traders ...sorry Owners

Not one metric says we beat Newcatle.

To say it's typical that we are the first team to play what is effectively now the richest club in the world might seem self-defeating or fateful but it is hard to dismiss.

The Newcastje players might be undone by pressure but I suspect Bruce will be sacked before we play them and they will give the performance of their lives

Oh well at least we can answer the quiz question.

And before people say they are sh!t look at our history of such matches.

Santo needs to be preparing the right words well in advance but attack in this game will be the best form of defence. No doubt.
And some people put some real rubbish on here !

I’m always amazed by how many optimists support Spurs!

I blame the club entirely for me being a curmudgeonly, pessimistic nihilist.

Surely we all know the Dr Tottenham script here? Playing a supporting role in someone else’s story. One of the first things I considered when hearing the Barcode takeover news. Saint-Maximin to play a blinder, Kevin Keegan to score the winner, the ghost of Wor Jackie to rise up, the cast of Auf Weidersen Pet spotted in the crowd. Shearer wanking on MotD.

Newcastle 3-1 Spurs

Son to score ours. Kane to fluff his lines in what amounts to a trial game.
Fair one. I stand corrected. Up the Spurs !

To say it's typical that we are the first team to play what is effectively now the richest club in the world might seem self-defeating or fateful but it is hard to dismiss.

The Newcastje players might be undone by pressure but I suspect Bruce will be sacked before we play them and they will give the performance of their lives

Santo needs to be preparing the right words well in advance but attack in this game will be the best form of defence. No doubt.

Your rights to start a thread should be diminished forever, absolute howler.

giphy.gif

Your rights to start a thread should be diminished forever, absolute howler.

Course it's not.

What a strange suggestion.

Unlike most on here I will make my point and then back it up.

If you read the last 7/8 pages of the Kane thread you will get a better picture of my thinking.

As I said the easiest thing is to talk after the event.

Santo will.acknowledge the need for us to have been absolutely at it today...

And we absolutely were. My hat is tipped..

Course it's not.

If you read the last 7/8 pages of the Kane thread you will get a better picture of my thinking.

You said and I quote "you would be staggered", are you staggered?

Happy with the win but the critic inside of me will say that a 3-2 victory against this horrible Newcastle side is just not good enough. We should have put this away 4-0 or 5-0. They surely didn't look like a PL level side.

Course it's not.

No offence but I'll give that a miss...really don't want to read any more of your posts mate, no offence. :thumbup:

Anyway I think you should ban yourself from the 'create thread' button, just like pretend you can't see it.

Back
Top Bottom