Start to 2020/2021 season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like we've got a decent start and a decent run in at the end, with a couple of rough patches in the middle. We need to get off to a good start to set the foundation for the season.
My main concern is still the number of games and how well the squad is managed.

uefa-teletubbies.jpg

And the winner in the 'ECL' will get a..hold on.. a place in the next years astonishing competitive...Europa League. F*ck me. It will send the League cups Mickey Mouse reputation into Teletubbies.

In european terms 5th & potentially 6th is now officially better than a trophy.

Sad.

Old cliche. One game at a time.

Be nice to kick-start the season with a win over a potential banana skin Everton team.

Ancelloti won't be happy with how they ended the season. Will be a much better match than last season, which was frankly one of the worst games I've seen.

From the League cup website:

in the Cup Competition. Any Club qualifying for a place in a UEFA club competition, up to a maximum of eight such Clubs, shall be exempt from participating in this Competition until Round Three. When the remaining number of Clubs entered is other than sixty-four the Management Committee shall arrange for byes where necessary. No Club shall have a bye in successive rounds of the Competition.

4.5 In arranging matches in the Competition, Clubs shall not improperly interfere with home League matches of other Clubs, whether such Clubs are in membership of The League or Premier League.

So the further we go in the EL qualifiers we are allowed to push our EL fixtures back by a week? Am I reading that right? Or are we entering the League cup too late to be exempt?

Having a tough stretch in November/December is good. I feel like we had that a couple times under Poch and came out of it quite well.

So Sterling rubs shoulders with C19 at an infected party in Jamaica.... Gets tested; now free to join up with City.

....Why can't Kane get a test and avoid quarantine in a similar manner?

Back
Top Bottom