Steffen Freund

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too young to remember him playing. But I have seen the clip of him being strangled by that Everton player.

Ramsingh said:
Too young to remember him playing. But I have seen the clip of him being strangled by that Everton player.

he was pretty dogshit, but loves spurs. cult hero if you will.

i seem to remember him rocking up to a recent cup final/possibly semi in his worthington cup final winners shirt as a supporter in the spurs supporters section.

what a guy.

Mr Vexed said:
i seem to remember him rocking up to a recent cup final/possibly semi in his worthington cup final winners shirt as a supporter in the spurs supporters section.

what a guy.

You beat me to it. He certainly loves the club.

BrooklynYid said:
Mr Vexed said:

what a guy.

You beat me to it. He certainly loves the club.
3qLEl.jpg

I think he's definitely a cult hero - I loved his work rate and I remember seeing him in the crowd one of our many bad journeys to Old Trafford...

But I really don't think he should be coaching the strikers, well if we have any at the moment!

Shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Interseteing appointment, wonder if it had anything to do with his involvement in the German set-up?

Or more that he will beast the players in training?

I did not realise he had been involved with the German national team youth set up. Good to see the Spurs connection in the first team coaching set up.

Everything feels so right at the moment.

I jut hope AVB can do a job.

magoolio said:
I did not realise he had been involved with the German national team youth set up. Good to see the Spurs connection in the first team coaching set up.

Everything feels so right at the moment.
I seem to remember people saying the same thing when Ramos brought in Poyet!

I dunno, something is stopping me getting carried away at the moment. I can't get past "cautiously optimistic".

Not sure about this. I hope he is better at coaching than playing. I know he was a cult hero, but he didn't really do anything to deserve it, apart from being a bit rubbish and never scoring (Stevenage pre season doesn't count )

Does anyone know anything about his coaching pedigree, apart from what it says on Wikipedia :bmj:

On 1 September 2007, Freund was appointed assistant head-coach of the German U-20 team. On 5 December 2007, he was named as a new assistant to Nigeria coach Berti Vogts for the time of the African Nations Cup. He then resumed his work as assistant to German U20-manager Frank Engel. In May 2009 he finished his coaching badges and on 17 July 2009 he was appointed manager of the German U-16 team signing a two-year contract.[2] A year later he began managing the German U-17 team leading them to a runners up medal at the 2011 UEFA European U-17 Football Championship and a third place at the World Cup in Mexico. He then started working with the new generation of U-16 players. On 11 July 2012, Freund was appointed assistant head coach of Tottenham Hotspur.[3]

I always thought he was a decent DM, in the old school mould where they don't have to be able to pass more than 5 yards. Similair to how Scotty Parker played for us last season. Worked his arse off every game too.

I've never seen that pic of him at OT before.

Christ everything I have wanted is falling into palce, a young, ambitious manager with foundations to build upon who has a good footballing philosiphy,a yuong exciting squad and now an assistant manager/coach who (appears anyway) to genuinely love Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom