Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters

Hard to find a bigger cunt writer than Law

QUITS!!

100 years of experience!!

Unprecedented

Did anyone think our scouting/transfer business was top?

"EXPERIENCE"

LOL!!!

:levylol::levylol::levylol:

Seriously, getting rid of this underperforming loser is probably our best piece of business this entire window!

And here's what really chaps my ass about it.

It's been crystal clear since before January that we were in desperate need of a proper other option at striker.

It's been known since 1 August that we were facing a massive fixture pileup in exactly this moment.

It's been known also since 1 August that we were loaning Troy Parrott to Millwall, and that the club are looking to get him up to speed to be a potential future at that position.

It's been known all along that the target list would reflect that, and we've been linked with a lot of older players, or unproven younger players. We just want a useable body to spell Kane as necessary. Maybe a bad plan, but a plan.

And it's obvious that there are dozens of players across the continent and indeed the world that could fit that very limited bill. The bar is not high.

How is it September 15th, with the fixture list cresting over us like a tsunami, and we've not gotten the business done? How are we at square zero at this late date?

It's just completely unforgivable. Flagrant mismanagement.

Glad I swerved the whole thing, judging by this clip. How fucking contrived is it to pretend like the head of recruitment has to explain the transfer window to the tea lady at a football club. FFS.
I hope you got 70 seconds into the video. It’s comic gold.

Hitchen: “We can attract so many more players now than 5 years ago.”

Followed by: “Steve and the band got ahead of the competition with an early January signing. 21 year old Gedson Fernandes, a highly rated Portuguese midfielder.

:dembelelol::dawsonlol::mourhandlaugh::sherwoodlol::gio:

What a load of absolute fucking bollocks that article is. The Head of Marketing and the Head of Retail have left...so what? In any large organization there are always people leaving managerial roles.

A lad in the media team...what's next he's going to tell us one of the dinner ladies has decided to retire?

I don't know how a national newspaper like the Telegraph allows it's football correspondent to write that drivel without an editor saying hang on, this is total rubbish.

Think one of the jobs Paratici was given was to completely overhaul and modernise our scouting and recruitment department. This is a good sign that we're progressing on that front and hopefully the summer window feels a bit more organised and less last minute business :tanguythumb:

I know there's always an argument for both sides of whether Hitchin was useless or hamstrung by Levy. But my initial reaction to this news was
Happy Lisa Kudrow GIF by The Comeback HBO

Matt Law is a fucking moron of epic proportions and his article trying to hold up Hitchens as if he was Spurs saving grace that we are pushing out is ridiculous. I knew Law was the dumbest reporter out there but Jesus Christ.

pakistani-spur

I hate damir skomina
What exactly is our transfer strategy under this guy? It seems over the previous several seasons we've gone for players with resale value like GLC and Bergwyn, now all of a sudden we're signing older players that have probably already peaked like Holjberg and Doherty from mid-table teams (arguably without resale value) who I don't think will make us any better than we already are.... whilst we let quality 'older' players like Allan and James R that are the complete package slip out of the radar.

Hitchen out!

Back
Top Bottom