Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters

What a load of absolute fucking bollocks that article is. The Head of Marketing and the Head of Retail have left...so what? In any large organization there are always people leaving managerial roles.

A lad in the media team...what's next he's going to tell us one of the dinner ladies has decided to retire?

I don't know how a national newspaper like the Telegraph allows it's football correspondent to write that drivel without an editor saying hang on, this is total rubbish.

What a load of absolute fucking bollocks that article is. The Head of Marketing and the Head of Retail have left...so what? In any large organization there are always people leaving managerial roles.

A lad in the media team...what's next he's going to tell us one of the dinner ladies has decided to retire?

I don't know how a national newspaper like the Telegraph allows it's football correspondent to write that drivel without ad editor saying hang on, this is total rubbish.
Don't ever read the Daily Mail ... their so called 'journalists' are ten times worse.

Why? Levy will still be setting the agenda. Steve Hitchen was right about the Jan transfer window.

Yeah, and that doesn't mean there are no other issues. But really, who did Hitchen bring in that would justify him staying in his role? It seems to me that his tenure was full of busts and flops. I don't think that it's an easy job, but he truth is that at some point you need to show some results.

Steve Hitchen was never the problem he was an ok head of recruitment the problem we have is the person at the top. Who Arnesen said knew nothing about football. Hoddle has criticised for break down of transfers and poor football knowledge, we had an ageing midfield and we signed an injury prone Redknapp. Paul Mitchel quit because we never went for his top targets.

The problem is and always will be Levy.
That's when we had no money, when Levy did flash the cash this cunt wasted the opportunity...

Hitchen was never the problem at Spurs, you're focusing on the wrong person, I keep telling you lot..

Hitchen as a scout was never the problem. But either he didn't have the negotiation skills to get deals over the lines, or the ability to get Levy and the manager to properly listen to him.

Good scout. Questionable DOF.

By recruiting only Juve players???
Exactly. If you want to compete in any sport against teams which are better funded you have to do it through better player development, scouting, and evaluations. Paratici hasn't shown yet that he can do that. Juve needed to move those players to sign Vlahovic. That shoud have driven their prices down, but it doesn't appear to have been the case. The connections based model of a DFO works to Spurs disadvantage because it is limiting your focus, not expanding it as needs be. We need an innovator. Tired of the stories about his work hours and his cell phone. They aren't putting talent on the field.

Steve Hitchen was never the problem he was an ok head of recruitment the problem we have is the person at the top. Who Arnesen said knew nothing about football. Hoddle has criticised for break down of transfers and poor football knowledge, we had an ageing midfield and we signed an injury prone Redknapp. Paul Mitchel quit because we never went for his top targets.

Is this gonna be one of those falsehoods spread now too?!

Yes Arnesen said that...as a beginning of a sentence. The rest of the sentence was praising Levy.

Criticise by all means but use the correct information. That tweet was the most stupid tweet in a long time...was saying exactly the opposite of what the #enicout lot wanted it to say.

Hitchen as a scout was never the problem. But either he didn't have the negotiation skills to get deals over the lines, or the ability to get Levy and the manager to properly listen to him.

Good scout. Questionable DOF.

And who do you think was responsible for negotiating those deals...

It's funny how the energy changes based on narratives and perception, Hitchen largely operated at the club when Levy was involved in the football side and Hitchen is the one who is to blame for not getting deals over the line, yet when Levy steps back Paratici is in complete charge of football and Levy is blamed for not getting deals over the line, brilliant. :D

Hitchen would have left or been binned off ages ago, the only reason he stuck around is because he was a complete yes man to Levy, let's be real.

Hitchen was never the problem at Spurs, you're focusing on the wrong person, I keep telling you lot..

Hitchen was as big a problem as Levy. The idiot paid 10M for Jack Clarke, brought Gedson, N'Jie, Janssen etc. at the club. He wasted hundreds of millions of pounds on players who did not fit at all. The only good scouting he did was Tielemans and Dias, both of whom we didn't get because of the other bald idiot.

What Arnesen ACTUALLY said was that the good thing about Levy is that he left those that knew better than him on that front to do their jobs and listened to them. (There was a full quote... You clearly just grabbed at the click-bait headline).

......Myth busted.

- Things were pretty decent under Arnesen.
- Worked well under Connoli
- Baldini era was a mix-bag.
- Mitchell is/was over-rated and (Son aside) traded off of players that we all knew anyway.
- Hitchens had a tough period thanks to the Stadium 'austerity', but there was also a hell of a lot of Poch influence over our eevntual purchases (i.e. Sanchez, Jansen, Aurier, Ndom, GLC, Sess, Foyth, Llorente)

The 'boogie-man theory' is full of holes.

Last edited:

You ,me and my Mrs could have told you Grealish, Tielemans ,JWP and Dybala are decent players, that fuck knuckle just watched YouTube vids and collected his wages, he was a useless cunt.
However, I do agree that he isnt the sole problem and Levy is responsible for most balls up's.

Hitchen was as big a problem as Levy. The idiot paid 10M for Jack Clarke, brought Gedson, N'Jie, Janssen etc. at the club. He wasted hundreds of millions of pounds on players who did not fit at all. The only good scouting he did was Tielemans and Dias, both of whom we didn't get because of the other bald idiot.

Clarke I agree but Gedson was requested by Jose and, Janssen (who was 2nd choice behind Michy Batshuayi because we couldn't match Chelsea's wages) was requested by Poch so they were both targets requested by the managers so who's to blame there?

What Arnesen ACTUALLY said was that the good thing about Levy is that he left those that knew better than him on that front to do their jobs and listened to then. (There was a full quote... You clearly just grabbed at the click-bait headline).

......Myth busted.

- Things were pretty decent under Arnesen.
- Worked well under Connoli
- Baldini era was a mix-bag.
- Mitchell is/was over-rated and (Son aside) traded off of players that we all knew anyway.
- Hitchens had a tough period thank to the Stadium 'austerity', but there was also a hell of a lot of Poch influence over our eentual purchases (i.e. Sanchez, Jansen, Aurier, Ndom, GLC, Sess)

The 'boogie-man theory' is full of holes.
Commoli was a clown, he paid the price for buying crap like Bentley, the man who said he didn’t understand the Spurs fans obsession with buying a left side midfielder (we had none at the time) , helping to oust Jol and appointing his puppet Ramos which led to the 2 points/8 games situation. He was sacked and rightly so.

Just look at the amazing job he did at Liverpool afterwards…

Back
Top Bottom