Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The touch he took on that kick from Hugo was beautiful, he has a lot of skill. Just needs a goal and then he will really go up a level.

It’s so clear that we are better when he is in the XI.
I saw from very early on that he has good technique and he plays with his head up, more so than Son, Moura and co. He can see a pass and execute it.

Other than shooting, his lack of pace and fitness still remain issues to solve. He needs to drop maybe half a kilo and get ripped, so that he can add just a little extra pace.

I saw from very early on that he has good technique and he plays with his head up, more so than Son, Moura and co. He can see a pass and execute it.

Other than shooting, his lack of pace and fitness still remain issues to solve. He needs to drop maybe half a kilo and get ripped, so that he can add just a little extra pace.
Have you taken his BMI?

Seen him without a shirt on?

I don't think fitness is a big issue for him. He works his bollocks off.

Seen him without a shirt on?
Yes, I saw when he signed. He's got an Avatar the last airbender tattoo all across his chest.

He does work hard, that wasn't my point. He isn't anything close to the kind of trim that Son, Lamela, PEH, and Aurier are in.

We bought him thinking he's got a lot of pace, but really doesn't.

Yes, I saw when he signed. He's got an Avatar the last airbender tattoo all across his chest.

He does work hard, that wasn't my point. He isn't anything close to the kind of trim that Son, Lamela, PEH, and Aurier are in.

He signed a year ago. You can gain/lose a lot of weight in that time.

People come in all shapes and sizes. Not everyone is built like a noodle like Lamela

He has had quite a few injuries since arriving. Probably not helping him to reach peak condition.
Sure, but then you have someone like Lo Celso, who's also had a lot of injuries but maintains a very compact, lean figure.

Yeah there are no outward physical attributes that could be used to determine his weight aside from popping into the dressing room with scales....

:mourfacepalm:
Exactly.
3Rhl23_0Ph6HIgN00

EY5rbaUXgAE2tMJ.jpg

hvxxj8v0ytd41.jpg

Might not give your their BMI to the 3rd decimal place, but it's quite easy to see who's carrying a couple of pounds of dead weight.

Exactly.
3Rhl23_0Ph6HIgN00

EY5rbaUXgAE2tMJ.jpg

hvxxj8v0ytd41.jpg

Might not give your their BMI to the 3rd decimal place, but it's quite easy to see who's carrying a couple of pounds of dead weight.
I mean he looks like Donatello

He works hard but he looks a bit of a meatball. Now so I know whether or not it's the reason for his poor touch and confidence? No, but it's not like we're clutching at straws here.

Lukaku got fat over the summer in 2018 and his touch became mega shit as a result

Yea, sure. Hope he gets into fitness levels of Lamela, who would not dream of another player being available for whooping 2 months within a season :mourloopy: :mourloopy:

I thought he had good involvements yesterday. Not a brilliant game, but much better from him.

How nice would it be for him to score the winner vs Liverpool.

It was much better from him. I still want to see more but it was a lovely creative assist and he has got a good touch.
Wish the Sheff Utd didn't trip him up on that long ball from Hugo, that was a prime Dele moment right there.

Not arguing, but what do you think he adds to our attacking prowess?
Ok so firstly him tracking back means that Kane/Son can stay further forward a bit more (better for the counter).
What he does is he occupies a lot of defenders. By doing this it gives Kane/Son more space and you can tell when he doesn't play teams find it easier to defend against us.
He's also got quite good dribbling and a passing range.
Definitely improves us.

Not arguing, but what do you think he adds to our attacking prowess?
He may not be on Son or Kane's level, but he is more potent in attack than any of our other alternatives. He presses and tracks back well, generally plays with his head up, and links the attack pretty well.

He gets a lot of touches of the ball which lead to good opportunities for others, unlike Sissoko or Moura who just do their own thing.

More directly, he got an assist today, was through on goal before being tripped up.

Back
Top Bottom